1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Oil Filter Magnets

Discussion in 'Technical Chat' started by Cavender76, Aug 11, 2008.

1. Sep 8, 2008 at 6:47 PM
    SteelCity

SteelCity Wherever I May Roam

Member:
    Charleston, SC
    Vehicle:
    06 Radiant Rd DC LB PreRunner SR5 V6
    Optima Red/Stinger Terms, DT Headers, Empire O2 sim, Bluetooth, USASpec PA12TOY, Redline Struts, Extang Tonneu, OEM Bed Mat/front Skid/Roof Rack, Grillcraft Grille, Susp TSB, Toytec 1/2" front spacers, Raammat/Ensolite, Sony GTs, Curt Hitch, Tranny cooler, Wet Okoles, AFE Pro-Dry Drop in, Muth Sig Mirrors, Temp/Comp RVM, Silverstar HLs/Fogs, Royal Purple Diff/PS Fluid, Detroit Truetrac LSD, Hellwig rear sway bar, SG II, Filter Mag, 265/75/16 Nitto TGs
    I have the FilterMag heavy duty version and it fits fine, even with the oil filter shroud. When I unscrew the filter, I leave the mag in place until it's off and it doesn't budge even when I'm taking the filter off. It has plenty of clearance in the shroud to turn the filter with it on.

After I install the new filter, I put the magnet back on. This thing doesn't do jack for the gas mileage that I know of, but it's a bit more insurance for the engine. I can't say for sure how well it works with the 4cyl as I have a V6, but they make one for it so I assume it fits fine.

2. Sep 12, 2008 at 10:09 PM
    JJ Customs

JJ Customs Supreme Leader!

Member:
    First Name:
    Jay
    NV
    Vehicle:
    Silverado Crew Cab Z71, 5.3 made from real Tornado's!
    A few additions to make me feel cool.
    I would still go with the magnetic drain plug. I had to buy one. Next time you get a filter they should have it in stock.

Products Discussed in

To Top