1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Oil leak, got worse after changing oil

Discussion in '1st Gen. Tacomas (1995-2004)' started by Saltlick, Oct 9, 2011.

1. Oct 25, 2011 at 4:42 AM
    Bsfilter

Bsfilter Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Bob
    San Pedro, CA
    Vehicle:
    08 4.0 AC 2WD SR5 TRD OR/RT
    Dave I would haul his ass into court if I were you. You have a slam dunk case against him with the mileage from the computer at your oil change place. He lied and deceived you so take his money the old fashioned way, a nice lawsuit! More than likely this joker will refund you dough just to stay away from a date with a judge. Good luck!

2. Oct 25, 2011 at 6:30 AM
    Saltlick

Saltlick [OP] Active Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Dave
    oregon
    Vehicle:
    97 tacoma 4x4
    I agree with you, problem is the guy that sold me the truck he had a fake ID, is not the person that was on the pink slip, and did not live at the address that he wrote down on the bill of sale. He also was using one of those throw away cell phones that is now disconnected.

He never registered the car under his name. So he basically bought it from someone, gave them cash and a fake name and address when he bought it, never registered it and had a fake ID made up with the guys name that was on the pink slip......when he sold it to me he wanted to meet in a parking lot. When i said no thats okay ill just come to your house, he said okay at first then called me back a few minutes later saying he had to run to the store anyway so i should just meet him there. We did the money transaction inside my bank. He really had all sides figured out. I asked for his ID and he showed it to me, matched the name on the pink slip and address.

I would highly suggest if anyone wants to do a large dollar amount transaction in the future, insist on going to the persons house and make sure they live there first. I know some people on craigslist dont want people to come to thier house...well thats just too bad then. Either that or run a carfax, this wouldnt have been an issue if i would have ran a carfax.

Products Discussed in

To Top