1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

oil leak?

Discussion in '1st Gen. Tacomas (1995-2004)' started by klem223, Dec 12, 2010.

1. Dec 12, 2010 at 10:10 PM
    klem223

klem223 [OP] Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Jon
    Idaho
    Vehicle:
    95, 2.7 liter, 4x4
    Truck is a 1995, 2.7 liter that has 164,000 miles on it. I noticed it needed oil about 3 weeks ago. I put a 1/2 quart of synthetic blend that I had behind the seat from god knows when in it. The truck has never really burned or leaked oil before. I then started noticing oil in the driveway. It was due for an oil change so I had it changed thinking and hoping something was just loose, no luck. Since then I've driven 300 miles and had to put 1.5 quarts of oil in it. Tomorrow is my first day off and I plan on cleaning the engine the best I can and putting some dye in it. From the quick inspection I gave it it looks to be coming from the front lower passenger side of the motor. A friend said one possibility could be the oil pan gasket. How tough is it to change one of these out? Anyone have any other ideas of what it could be and how to fix it?

Thanks for any help!

2. Dec 12, 2010 at 10:13 PM
    scottri

scottri Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Scott
    Tigard Oregon
    Vehicle:
    '10 Sport DC TRD Sport PreRunner
    Cover King Seat Covers, WeatherTech Liners, PopNLock, storage bin locks, N-Fab Step bars, and G4 Elite Tonneau cover.
    I had a old Corolla that leaked oil like crazy, it turned out to be the oil pressure sending unit. It was cheap and easy to replace.

Products Discussed in

To Top