1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Oil prices go up ,,, why is that again ??

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Discussion' started by 4WD, Feb 23, 2011.

1. Feb 24, 2011 at 6:21 AM
    4WD

4WD [OP] cRaZy oLdmAn

Member:
    First Name:
    Doug
    Lakeside, Ca / Gardnerville, Nevada
    Vehicle:
    2004 DC TRD 4x
    Grey wire MOD, deck plate, diff breather MOD, 2nd gen. OME 883# on Tundra 5100's, OMD custom 3" leafsprings, rear shock relocation, Ivan Stewart TRD rims w/285/75/16's, '02 bumper MOD, Famous Fabrications sliders , LED interior/exterior lights, bed bar, Custom tube bumper, Old school KC day lighters,Red Ring 8" HID flood, Kenwood vhf 2M.. umm some other shit I'm forgetting right now

2. Feb 24, 2011 at 11:01 AM
    Lost_Humanity

Lost_Humanity Bad decisions make great stories.

Member:
    Seattle
    Vehicle:
    It's a Toyota.
    Bumper Dent Mod
    I see what Graham and o5iiawah are getting at, though.

It's impossible to look at the clamor for independence in any country without assessing the cultural, economic and security risks to the US, and the rest of the region and world -- and that involves an evaluation of what their leadership might be. If it wasn't everyone would just be like: "Huh. Good for them." and go back to their morning coffee.

The good thing is that the people are pretty hell-bent on reforms for education, jobs and equal rights -- which includes women. The Muslim Brotherhood has gotten a lot of attention because they seem to be talking the loudest, and are currently the most organized. And it's true they have a significant amount of public backing.

The thing about fundamentalism (as opposed to radicalism) is that it tends to give in some core principles when faced with mass unrest and dissent from its followers. The Egyptian people are emboldened right now, and I imagine that whoever gets elected will have a pretty short leash when it comes to suppression of rights. They may start off wanting to create an Islamist state, rain fire and mortars on Israel and rid the Earth of Christians -- but when the market workers from around the Pyramids, and the hotel managers, and the taxi drivers and shopkeepers become poor and hungry because there is no more Western tourism in Egypt, the Brotherhood is going to have to change their step really quickly to end up not getting Mubarak'd.

3. Feb 24, 2011 at 11:21 PM
    kris77

kris77 Born in the Backwoods

Member:
    West Virginia
    Vehicle:
    08 DC TRD Sport Speedway Blue
    In channel Vent Visors, AVS Bug Shield, Hankook Dynapro RF10 265/70/17
    This...^^^^^^

The reasoning behind this was "That oil wasnt even in production yet" Thats why it didnt effect prices.

But after the leak was stopped, gas slowly went up. Coincidence?

All this is speculation, and the only ppl benefiting from it is EXXON. Who will of course post up 25 billion in profits next quarter. As usual.

4. Feb 25, 2011 at 1:31 AM
    4WD

4WD [OP] cRaZy oLdmAn

Member:
    First Name:
    Doug
    Lakeside, Ca / Gardnerville, Nevada
    Vehicle:
    2004 DC TRD 4x
    Grey wire MOD, deck plate, diff breather MOD, 2nd gen. OME 883# on Tundra 5100's, OMD custom 3" leafsprings, rear shock relocation, Ivan Stewart TRD rims w/285/75/16's, '02 bumper MOD, Famous Fabrications sliders , LED interior/exterior lights, bed bar, Custom tube bumper, Old school KC day lighters,Red Ring 8" HID flood, Kenwood vhf 2M.. umm some other shit I'm forgetting right now
    Sounds like you guys are talking about the "futures" market. (they don't refer to it as "speculative anymore, they say futures is a more "positive" description of the market,,,,:facepalm:

5. Feb 25, 2011 at 2:45 PM
    snoope

snoope Well-Known Member

Member:
    Winter Haven Florida
    Vehicle:
    2002 Tundra Limited 4x4
    Quick and ea$y.....when the "rumors" hit late yesterday afternoon...EVERYTHING rebounded.....

The "right" bullet hits the "RIGHT" target and "FUTURE$" will fall.....

Boys and girls, I'm old enough to REMEMBER putting "last car today" signs on customers. then shutting pumps off till next AM...Then reminding my "crew" if it was odd or even # day for your tags.....

Try being the poor ba$tard paying his ( or her) rent off from gallons sold and watch the "shift" change next door DROP the price by 5 Cents :eek::eek:...

And never mind diesel ; $3.659 a gallon and the trucks get 5 mpg.....

Sorry .....rant over......except some of my 401k portfolio is in petroleum stocks ;):cool:.....

6. Feb 25, 2011 at 2:51 PM
    Fenrisulfr

Fenrisulfr Well-Known Member

Member:
    SW-VA
    Vehicle:
    Tundra w/ TRD 5,7L V8 4x4
    That is correct; the 'spot price' refers to that of the front-month contract i.e. the one that expires the soonest.

Products Discussed in

To Top