1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

OK, I need help!!!

Discussion in '1st Gen. Tacomas (1995-2004)' started by Kuneff, Dec 28, 2009.

1. Dec 28, 2009 at 7:03 PM
    Kuneff

Kuneff [OP] Carpe Diem

Member:
    West Virginia
    Vehicle:
    Tacoma Woods Beater
    Tree Dents
    Does anyone know for sure.. beyond any doubt... if there are ANY front Suspension differences from the 95.5-97 Tacoma 4x4 to the 98-00 Tacoma 4x4???

Do they take the same upper and lower control arms? Are there any differences at all????

My 97 is the manual hub front end... Does the ADD use different control arms?

2. Dec 28, 2009 at 7:12 PM
    Kuneff

Kuneff [OP] Carpe Diem

Member:
    West Virginia
    Vehicle:
    Tacoma Woods Beater
    Tree Dents
    For whatever reason... my wheelbase is 2" shorter on the driver side... I have Mother Fvcked this truck for the past 2 hours solid... I am fvcking stumped... The driver side (short side) has junk yard suspension parts on it that were done before I got the truck... I am trying now to figure out if something is bent...

Any help on the parts inter-changeability would be greatly appreciated.

3. Dec 28, 2009 at 7:14 PM
    JimBeam

JimBeam BECAUSE INTERNETS!! Moderator

Member:
    First Name:
    JB
    Vehicle:
    2014 DCSB TRD 4x4
    everything should interchange...tho i think the 95.5 used a different size rear leaf spring

4. Dec 28, 2009 at 7:43 PM
    Kuneff

Kuneff [OP] Carpe Diem

Member:
    West Virginia
    Vehicle:
    Tacoma Woods Beater
    Tree Dents
    well, we measured off the back side of the transmission crossmember forward to the lower control arm mounts. on the rear mount of the lower control arm it measures 1/4" shorter on the driver side... on the front mount it measures 7/16" shorter.

Seems the frame is tweaked on the driver side.

5. Dec 29, 2009 at 1:18 PM
    STLharry

STLharry Lube: It's the key to penetration.

Member:
    First Name:
    Harry
    VT
    Vehicle:
    Yeti Rescue Package with 240k miles
    '95-'97 camouflaged, ARB bull bar, RAT Products skid plate kit, sliders, Green Mountain Customs rear tube bumper and overland bed rack, King coilovers with Icon neoprene covers, defenestrated sway bar, OME Rear Suspension: CS046R leafs + AAL/5125 shocks/NWOR greasable hardware/U-bolt flip kit; S13WL Tundra calipers/pads/rotors, IPF H4 lenses and bulbs, IPF 968 DCG 100W lights, clapped out CB radio, Aussie-spec FJ60 inclinometer, ARB CKMA12 compressor, Superwinch S9000 with 12V Guy clock switch, 4' Hi-Lift, deckplate mod/grey wire mod/dif breather extensions, Duratrac tires, Sockmonkey bedside decals, boat cupholder, Dakine bike pad
    I believe all the front suspension of 95.5-04 tacomas are the same. For the rear, 95.5-97 have the old pickup leaf springs, while 98-04 have the true "Tacoma" leafs.

To Top