1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

OK NEED HELP!!!

Discussion in 'Wheels & Tires' started by jzmtacoma, Feb 25, 2013.

1. Feb 25, 2013 at 9:41 PM
    jzmtacoma

jzmtacoma [OP] Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Coleman
    Horse Shoe, NC
    Vehicle:
    2013 DoubleCab TRD Offroad
    Toytec 3" Spacer Lift in front w/ 2" AAL in Rear
    2013 Doublecab TRD Offroad

I have been on here searching, and searching and getting mixed stories and answers. After two nights of 2AM bedtimes and searching I have to ask and I hope I will get some definite answers.

First off I do not mind some MINOR trimming, plastic, taking off mudflap etc. I am building this truck up for advertisement and want it to look sharp.

Second it is not for wheeling, if it goes off road I will expect it to rub, but for the money I have put in the wheels it will not see much at all. It is a road truck and strictly riding around looking good.

Ok I have purchased a Toytec 3" spacer lift w/ the 2" AAL. Also I have in my hands BMF 20"X 9" REPR wheels 0 Offset/5" Backspacing. Now of course the dreaded question, I need tires and WANT 295/55R20 NITTO TRAIL GRAPPLERS....Here it goes, WILL IT WORK??? I want to get as tall and as wide as I can without having to cut the doors off or something crazy like that. Plastic I don't care, cab mount undecided. If someone has this setup would be great to hear from you with some pics, but if you just have the actual knowledge please let me know!!! I don't want to make a $1000 mistake.

Thanks in advance!

Last edited: Feb 26, 2013
  2. Feb 26, 2013 at 3:02 PM
    TexasTacoma37

TexasTacoma37 Well-Known Member

Member:
    with enough plastic cutting and a cab mount chop they will fit. Going to sit pretty close to the UCA though. I'd test fit them first to make sure they clear without a small spacer.

3. Feb 26, 2013 at 3:05 PM
    blake5995

blake5995 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Blake
    Truckee, CA
    Vehicle:
    98 Tacoma SR5 4x4 2.7L
    You are going to have to do a cab mount chop on basically any tire if you want them big.

4. Feb 28, 2013 at 10:08 PM
    jzmtacoma

jzmtacoma [OP] Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Coleman
    Horse Shoe, NC
    Vehicle:
    2013 DoubleCab TRD Offroad
    Toytec 3" Spacer Lift in front w/ 2" AAL in Rear
    Well I finally pulled the trigger, and bought the 295's all I can say is with the right wheel and backspacing don't be scared to try it. It works, if you don't want to cut a little bit of plastic don't do it, but if the plastic is no worries to you get the tire you want!! If you take your time with the trimming and don't take a saws all and go to town it will look fine. I honestly have not even trimmed mine and have not done any cab mount chopping and it is just fine.

Again I am not wheeling in this brand new truck, I am driving it. No worries mount them up. By the way for information purpose for someone else so they won't have the same worries and problems as me wondering with no definitive answers. My wheels are BMF REPR and they have a 5" backspacing ( everyone says 4.5"?) I believe this is said for no rub at all, don't know. They are 20"x9" and the offset is 0. I will be glad to answer any questions if anyone has any when they are trying to upgrade their vehicle. Thanks to all that replied to me.

Products Discussed in

To Top