1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

OME 884 Results

Discussion in 'Suspension' started by TotalBrutal, Mar 15, 2012.

1. Mar 15, 2012 at 9:20 AM
    TotalBrutal

TotalBrutal [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Dan
    Vancouver Island, BC
    Vehicle:
    2007 V6 4X4
    Front 5100s @ 0, OME 844s, Rear 5100s, AFE pro dry filter
    So i have seen lots of questions going around on this forum about what kinda heights you can expect with the OME 884 springs compared to 5100s and I have seen no real definitive answers, so i thought i would post my results. I originally had 5100s set at 1.75 with stock offroad springs. My original measurments with 5100s (from hub center to fender) are as follows:

Driver Front: 21.75"
    Passenger Front: 21.75"

Driver Rear 22.75"
    Passenger Rear: 23.1"

Measurements after installing OME 884 springs with 5100s set at 0:

Driver Front: 22"
    Passenger Front: 22.1"

Driver Rear 22.75"
    Passenger Rear: 23.1"

So I ended up gaining an extra quarter inch from the new springs for a total of 2" in the front from stock. Love the way it sits now and rides better IMO. It has a slight lean towards the drivers side in the front now but barely noticible so I dont care, wont bother adding a lean spacer. My alignment was well withing spec in every single category as well, so this is a great lift/level if you do not want the added cost of new UCAs.

2. Mar 15, 2012 at 9:26 AM
    mclovin

mclovin chicka chicka, yeah!

Member:
    First Name:
    Jake
    Kunsan, ROK
    Vehicle:
    12 4x4 SR5 Super White
    k&n drop in, OME 886x and Dakars, LR UCA, BAMF sliders, grillcraft,35W 7" kragens, BAMF light bar, ato hi lift rail mounts, cobra 19, custom cab over seat shelf, tonno pro tonneau cover, bed divider, BAMF cab mount chop, slimcubby hid, CBI bushmaster 2.0 with custom tire swing, rigid duallys - rear, redline hood struts, relentless IFS skid, rearview mirror relocate bracket, alpine ktp-445u amp, hypertech spedo calibrator, debadged, retro sockmonkey tailgate decals, relentless front bumper, smittybuilt x2o comp 8k winch, rigid duallys -front ...in the works... 20" led bar, at2525xl, rear camera relocate/pop-n-lock, tint, color match grille surround, retros, sound ordinance 8" sub unit, pioneer avh-8500bhs
    i've got an OME system with 884's and i have to say that it rides just as good if not better then the day i drove it off the lot.

To Top