1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

OME 887 question

Discussion in 'Suspension' started by Skunkman, May 24, 2018.

1. May 24, 2018 at 4:47 PM
    Skunkman

Skunkman [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    Syracuse - Tug Hill
    Vehicle:
    2007 Tacoma Access Cab ,
    I have had a few trucks with 885's and 887's on them, so I am familiar with how they should ride. I found a deal for 5100's and some 887's already assembled and ready to install for 400.00 and free shipping from Low Range Off Road. When they arrived, the sticker on the coils from ARB said they were both X899 coils, big difference in spring rate, like 200-250 pounds. I contacted Low Range, and they said don't worry, there was a mix up at ARB and they are really 887's and just run them, which I have done. I don't want to call anyone a liar...but these things ride like crap, and I put a couple hundred miles a day on my truck and it's beating the hell out of me in the front end. My question is, has anyone heard of coils being mislabeled like this happening ? Thank you.

2. May 24, 2018 at 7:11 PM
    MadRiverTaco

MadRiverTaco Join TW, they said. It's free, they said.

Member:
    First Name:
    Brenden
    Waterbury, VT
    Vehicle:
    2012 Black DCSB TRD OR "Caroline"
    King 2.5 Ext. w/ Compression Adjusters (Front & Rear), Dakars w/ D29XL, TC UCA's & LCA's, ARE CX, 17" SEMA Pro's, 265/70/17 Falken Wildpeaks, BORA spacers, Rigid Side shooter ditch lights, ATHF bedside reinforcements, OME carrier bearing drop bracket, extended rear brake lines, Northstar 27F battery, Yakima Jetsream crossbars, OEM roof rack, OEM skid plate, TRD Pro grill, URD TCAI, 5.7L Throttle Body, BensonX bedside tool mounts, fire extinguisher bedside mount, AMP research bed step, Redline Tuning hood struts, ECGS needle bearing mod, CV Boot slide mod, Differential breather mod, U-Bolt Flip Kit w/ Timbren Bumpstops, A-pillar RAM mount w/ cell phone holder, ProFX tow mirrors with turn signals and heat, "Raptor" lights, DEPO taillights, motorized Pop n' Lock
    It has happened to other members on here from other vendors. Not sure why coils are being mislabeled. But out of curiousity, what do the 899’s net you hub to fender?

3. May 24, 2018 at 7:50 PM
    Skunkman

Skunkman [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    Syracuse - Tug Hill
    Vehicle:
    2007 Tacoma Access Cab ,
    I haven't measured, but the coils are the same height as 887's. I'll check the hub to fender tomorrow, but I think it gave me more lift than my 887's in my other DCLB and that was right at 3".

Products Discussed in

To Top