1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

OME lift for 1st gen

Discussion in 'Suspension' started by BackwoodsTaco, Jan 21, 2012.

1. Jan 21, 2012 at 10:27 PM
    BackwoodsTaco

BackwoodsTaco [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Paul
    Stokes, NC (Eastern NC)
    Vehicle:
    Radiant Red 01 DC, 4X4, SR5, Supercharged
    TRD Supercharger, URD 7th injector kit, TRS RetroFit, Deck Plate Mod, No Chime Mod, Fog Light Mod, CB/ashtray Mod, 2.5" Spacer Lift, 1.25" Lift Shackles, 4 Tab Light Bar From Eddie209
    First off I'm sorry if this has been post to many times but I searched for about 2 hours and didn't really find any of the answers I wanted. I plan on doing a full OME setup, so.........
    1. What set of OME shocks and coils would be best for my double cab, I don't plan on adding an offroad bumper just a light bar from snobord552
    2. How much lift would I get?
    3. Would it be enough to fit 285/75/16s?
    I'm not a hardcore Offroader, so articulation doesn't really mater to me, I just work on the farm and it can get muddy and I want to throw some MTs under her :D

2. Jan 22, 2012 at 1:07 PM
    facemob

facemob Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Chase
    1st state
    Vehicle:
    03 V6 Manual, TRD
    OME 881, Nitrochargers front and rear, diff drop, Wheelers 3 Leaf AAL, Supertop, shitty brush guard and a hole in the muffler
    check out wheelers off road or down south motorsports. I went thru wheelers. Great guys and extremely helpful. I think they recommend 881's for a v6 ext cab (not sure if the double matters but i doubt it. they recommend the 882's for a heavy bumper. As far as fitting some 285's , i think it would fit, may rub at the lock. I got about 2" from 881's on nitro chargers. i have 265's and it seems there is room for another inch or so of tire.

3. Jan 23, 2012 at 3:36 PM
    BackwoodsTaco

BackwoodsTaco [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Paul
    Stokes, NC (Eastern NC)
    Vehicle:
    Radiant Red 01 DC, 4X4, SR5, Supercharged
    TRD Supercharger, URD 7th injector kit, TRS RetroFit, Deck Plate Mod, No Chime Mod, Fog Light Mod, CB/ashtray Mod, 2.5" Spacer Lift, 1.25" Lift Shackles, 4 Tab Light Bar From Eddie209
    Thanks for the info buddy I'll check both of them out

4. Jan 23, 2012 at 8:46 PM
    facemob

facemob Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Chase
    1st state
    Vehicle:
    03 V6 Manual, TRD
    OME 881, Nitrochargers front and rear, diff drop, Wheelers 3 Leaf AAL, Supertop, shitty brush guard and a hole in the muffler
    No problem . Good luck with it . I did 881's on notrochargers front and rear with a wheelers aal anf I think i got right around 1.5 - 2"front and back. The ride quality is 100% better than the worn stock

Products Discussed in

To Top