1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

OME Lift

Discussion in 'ToyTec Lifts' started by Yok3d, Aug 10, 2010.

1. Aug 10, 2010 at 3:41 PM
    Yok3d

Yok3d [OP] Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Evan
    SLO/Davis
    Vehicle:
    05 DCLB
    Flowmaster 40 Delta Muffler
    I was thinking about ordering the OME Complete Lift Kit in the next month or so. I have heard that UCA's are a must for any lift over 3". I will mostly be doing highway driving and the very occasional ride out to the beach. Being a starving college student I can't afford both the lift kit and uca's :(. Would it be worth it to just hold of on the lift until I can get both or will I not run into issues with the OME lift with the driving I am doing?

2. Sep 27, 2010 at 1:50 PM
    Claytor

Claytor Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Clayton
    TX
    Vehicle:
    SR5 4X4 TRD OR
    Full OME Lift W/top spacers, Dakars in the rear, extended rear brakelines, CHROME Satoshi, 17x8 American Racing Mojave Teflons, Nitto 295/70/R17 Trail Grapplers
    I have the exact same question... if anyone has any advice

3. Sep 27, 2010 at 1:52 PM
    Brunes

Brunes abides. Staff Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Rotorhead
    Big Easy, USA
    Vehicle:
    08 Red/Graphite and Satin Black
    Inside: Tint, Wet Okole 1/2 Piped Red/Black Covers, Black Weathertech Digital Fit Mats, URD Short Throw w/ TWM Weighted Knob, USA Spec iPod adapter. Outside: 4300K Retro w/ Angel Eyes and Red Shrouds, 5000K Blazer Fog Light Retrofit, Debadge, Bed Locking Handle, Satin Black Rims Performance: TRD/Steigmeier Blower w/ 2.7 Pulley. 668 Injectors and 320 LPH AEM Fuel pump. URD UCON and 7th Injector. DTLT Headers, URD Y-Pipe, Wicked Flow Muffler. Suspension: Both: OME Shocks Front: 886X's and TC UCAs Rear: Dakars Armor: Relentless Front Bumper Relentless High Clearance Rear w/ Tire/Rotopax Swing Out Relentless Front, Mid, and TCase skids BAMF Diff Skid Recovery and Spares: Fullsize Spare Tire 2x2 gal Rotopax 1x1 gal Rotopax 1x1 gal Water Rotopax Warn 9.5XP-S Winch Hi-Lift Extreme 60" Ironman Off-Road Recovery Kit Upcoming: ATO Gas Tank Skid and Sliders w/ kickout. ATO Shackle Flip Kit. Down the line: Front/Rear ARB Lockers w/ OBA. 4.56 Gears
    I would hold off/save up- You are likely to have issues with alignment if you don't. You could get away with it for a while...but you might chew up tires pretty quick.

4. Sep 27, 2010 at 1:52 PM
    badguybuster

badguybuster Well-Known Member

Member:
    West (by GOD) Virginia
    Vehicle:
    2008 Tundra Off Road SR5
    6000K HID Headlights 6000k HID Fog Lights Window visors (all 4) Tri-Fold Tonno Bedlined Rockers Bedlined Bumpers Bilstein 5100 Toytec 1/2" spacers 3" TSB Leafs and AAL's (Toytec) Differential 1" Drop Sway Bar Relocators BHLM Mod Debadged Pro Comp 7089s Hankook Dynapro 35" M/T's Billett Grill 55 watt fog lights in grill 55 watt fog lights on Pre-Runner Light Bar Rear Bilstein 5100's Flowmaster Super 10's Yellow Fog Light Mod Titanium Burl Wood Grain Dash Mod Leather Arm Rest Mod TRD Steering wheel Mod Painted Engine Cover Painted Fuse Box TRD Seat Belt Covers Bed Light Mod Extended/Braided Brake Lines Back up light mod
    Hold off. Your alignment will be trashed if you dont

5. Sep 27, 2010 at 2:06 PM
    borderbrat

borderbrat Watching Chris4x4 o.O

Member:
    First Name:
    Jeremy
    Victoria BC, Canada
    Vehicle:
    2008, Black sand pearl, SR5, 4X4
    PIAA fogs, led "puddle" lights, bed lights, in cab 115V, Toyota Devil emblem, Randy Ellis light bar with Hella Black Magics, OME 885 and Dakar leaf springs OME shock all round, 2.5 Gal OBA system with air horns, iPod adapter, scangauge on blend mount, magnaflow catback, bike fork mounts, tinted 2009 tails.
    i don't have aftermarket UCAs OME lift there is nothing wrong with my alignment.

6. Sep 27, 2010 at 2:08 PM
    Brunes

Brunes abides. Staff Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Rotorhead
    Big Easy, USA
    Vehicle:
    08 Red/Graphite and Satin Black
    Inside: Tint, Wet Okole 1/2 Piped Red/Black Covers, Black Weathertech Digital Fit Mats, URD Short Throw w/ TWM Weighted Knob, USA Spec iPod adapter. Outside: 4300K Retro w/ Angel Eyes and Red Shrouds, 5000K Blazer Fog Light Retrofit, Debadge, Bed Locking Handle, Satin Black Rims Performance: TRD/Steigmeier Blower w/ 2.7 Pulley. 668 Injectors and 320 LPH AEM Fuel pump. URD UCON and 7th Injector. DTLT Headers, URD Y-Pipe, Wicked Flow Muffler. Suspension: Both: OME Shocks Front: 886X's and TC UCAs Rear: Dakars Armor: Relentless Front Bumper Relentless High Clearance Rear w/ Tire/Rotopax Swing Out Relentless Front, Mid, and TCase skids BAMF Diff Skid Recovery and Spares: Fullsize Spare Tire 2x2 gal Rotopax 1x1 gal Rotopax 1x1 gal Water Rotopax Warn 9.5XP-S Winch Hi-Lift Extreme 60" Ironman Off-Road Recovery Kit Upcoming: ATO Gas Tank Skid and Sliders w/ kickout. ATO Shackle Flip Kit. Down the line: Front/Rear ARB Lockers w/ OBA. 4.56 Gears
    When you say "nothing wrong" You mean that you don't feel anything wrong or do you have the specs for your alingment...Cause I would say you are extremely lucky if you don't have any alignment issues on stock UCAs.

7. Sep 27, 2010 at 6:22 PM
    borderbrat

Member:
    First Name:
    Jeremy
    Victoria BC, Canada
    Vehicle:
    PIAA fogs, led "puddle" lights, bed lights, in cab 115V, Toyota Devil emblem, Randy Ellis light bar with Hella Black Magics, OME 885 and Dakar leaf springs OME shock all round, 2.5 Gal OBA system with air horns, iPod adapter, scangauge on blend mount, magnaflow catback, bike fork mounts, tinted 2009 tails.
    I say everything was in spec and if feels fine.

8. Sep 27, 2010 at 6:31 PM
    bnavin

bnavin Negative Ghostrider

Member:
    First Name:
    Ben
    Littleton, Colorado
    OME lift, driveline spacer, iPod interface, rattle canned center console and radio face flat black, LEER topper, Yakima rack, 20% tint all around
  9. Jan 7, 2011 at 2:34 PM
    Streaking10 Taco

Streaking10 Taco Well-Known Member

Member:
    North East Bay
    Vehicle:
    '10 DC-SB Pre-Runner Off-Road
    Icons in front, Icon Tubular UCA's, Dakars w/MX6 Shocks, Redline hood supports, FlyZeye
    Question for the masses.... I just moved out of a Chevy 2500 crew-cab Diesel into a 2010 DC-SB Pre-Runner Off Road, so heres my question:

Can I install the Billstein 5100's front and rear with the OME 886 front coils and the Ome Leaf springs in back and will it be level?

10. Jan 7, 2011 at 2:57 PM
    borderbrat

Member:
    First Name:
    Jeremy
    Victoria BC, Canada
    Vehicle:
    yes you can. Install the bilsteins at zero lift setting although I have seen it done at 0.85. And you can mix and match whatever shock spring combo you want in the rear so long as the shocks are long enough to accommodate the spring. I'm not sure about the 886 coil i thought 885 were recommended unless you have an aftermarket plate front bumper with a winch. But with OME coils up front and OME leafs in the back alone it will still have rake. you will need to give the front a little more than what the coils will give you. So setting the 5100s at 0.85 should level you out.

11. Jan 7, 2011 at 3:28 PM
    Streaking10 Taco

Streaking10 Taco Well-Known Member

Member:
    North East Bay
    Vehicle:
    '10 DC-SB Pre-Runner Off-Road
    Icons in front, Icon Tubular UCA's, Dakars w/MX6 Shocks, Redline hood supports, FlyZeye
    Cool thanks :D:D:D

12. Jan 7, 2011 at 3:42 PM
    bjmoose

bjmoose Bullwinkle J. Moose

Member:
    First Name:
    Steve
    San Jose CA
    Vehicle:
    '11 Std Cab 4x4 5sp
    OME suspension, ARB Air Locker, Yaesu FT 8900 Ham Radio
    I have OME 885s and they give my std cab a full 3" of lift in the front.

My toe-in and camber, the alignment factors that affect tire wear, are perfect, within 0.1 of zero.

That being said, yes, I have an imperfect alignment: my caster is at zero when factory calls for roughly 2.7 degrees IIRC. This makes the truck a little more "twitchy" (more eager to turn, less eager to go straight) than it otherwise would be. I may yet get around to doing UCAs to correct this. Or, I may not.

What some techs will do is try and get everythings "as close as possible to in-spec" - so they'll set camber around 1 (or whatever the max "in spec" value is) so that they can get caster as-close-as-possible to an in-spec range. When they do this, it is an imperfect alignment that WILL affect tire wear.

If you don't have UCAs, you have to tell the tech to deliberately optimize CAMBER, at the expense of caster.

Hope this helps.

13. Jan 7, 2011 at 3:45 PM
    bjmoose

bjmoose Bullwinkle J. Moose

Member:
    First Name:
    Steve
    San Jose CA
    Vehicle:
    '11 Std Cab 4x4 5sp
    OME suspension, ARB Air Locker, Yaesu FT 8900 Ham Radio
    Don't put on 886s unless you already have a heavy bumper and winch installed. 886s without that extra 200lbs up front will jar your fillings out.

14. Jan 7, 2011 at 3:51 PM
    AzogSS

AzogSS Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Andy
    Soda City, SC
    Vehicle:
    2008 Pick-em-up-truck
    Ultimate Tailgate Machine
    I called wheelers offroad and got 885's, shocks front and back (everything OME), an AAL, and Light racing Upper control arms for right at $1,000.

15. May 13, 2011 at 7:58 PM
    BuzzardsGottaEat

BuzzardsGottaEat "Pick up some speed.. You'll make it."

Member:
    First Name:
    Chaz
    Nebraska/South Dakota
    Vehicle:
    93 Pickup 4x4 [22R-E] 5MT
    OME suspension, LCE Performance parts, Konigs, etc. [see build]
    it helped me anyways.. i've literally had my finger on the submit button for buying my lift twice now, but cant afford UCA's yet, guess i'm waiting.. thanks for the info

16. May 13, 2011 at 8:00 PM
    OZ-T

OZ-T Did you get your precious photos ?

Member:
    First Name:
    Peter North
    British Columbia
    Vehicle:
    Mag Grey 09 Trd Sport DCLB 4x4
    OME 885x , OME shocks and Dakars , Wheelers SuperBumps front and rear , 275/70/17 Hankook ATm , OEM bed mat , Weathertech digifit floor liners , Weathertech in-channel vents , headache rack , Leer 100RCC commercial canopy , TRD bedside decals removed , Devil Horns by Andres , HomerTaco Satoshi
    886 coils are not supposed to be paired with the billies , they are recommended for use only with OME shocks

17. May 13, 2011 at 8:17 PM
    taco084gb

taco084gb No matter where you go there you are.

Member:
    First Name:
    Galen
    NorCal
    I have the Full OME lift 886 coils and the DAKAR leaf pack with all leafs in it. But I also have the ARB bumper,warn8000 winch,lights and heavy tow hooks. And for the back I have a tool box with about 300lbs of tools and things I carry on a regular basis. Ive had this setup up for almost 3 yrs now and have NOT needed the UCA's. Alignment is within specs and can verify when I get home to get paperwork. I dont have any abnormal wear on tires as my first set of rugged trails I got 52,500 miles out of them. I mainly drive Hwy with an occasional offroad trip. I now have 74,000 miles on the truck as we speak. So I guess it depends on the truck and what you have on it.

18. May 13, 2011 at 8:35 PM
    kieth

kieth Well-Known Member

Member:
    British Columbia, Canada
    Vehicle:
    06 trd
    Full OME lift with Dakars, 886s and LR UCA's, Firestone air bags w\ onboard compressor, 2 kicker CVT 10" subs , MB Quart 1000w amp ,Alpine media player
    i have the ome 886s and ome shocks with light racing UCA's without any extra front weight and the ride is unreal, no broken teeth. my truck drove like shit and the alignment was way out before i got the UCA's, dont really know how it could be fine on a different truck, the stock UCA's will be at disgusting angles and your suspension will bind when your off roading.

To Top