1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

OME suspension lift vs ProComp 3inch lift

Discussion in 'Suspension' started by TacoFromTheTuke, Dec 19, 2009.

1. Dec 19, 2009 at 2:06 PM
    TacoFromTheTuke

TacoFromTheTuke [OP] Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Chris
    The Tuke, AZ
    Vehicle:
    07 Sport
    Billet Grill Flat Black 10'' Poineer W/ Rockford fosgate amp Pop and Lock tailgate lock
    I've got a 07 and its finally time to get it lifted!! I've been looking at the OME suspension lift kit, and the ProComp 3inch lift.. and now i need some questions answered.
    When putting the OME on i know you need a top spacer to get the full 3inches. Do you need to do the same with the ProComp? ..and how big of a spacer should be put on.. Also, are the UCA's a must have to keep it alligned. Also once i decide and purchase the lift, the spacer, and the uca's (if necessary) am i going to need anything else?? thanks for the help

2. Dec 19, 2009 at 2:21 PM
    solus

solus HOME!!!

Member:
    First Name:
    Mark
    Bremerton, WA
    Vehicle:
    RR 4wd SR5
    new UCAs are a must... in my opinion... but some will say that under 3" you're okay, I ran about 4000 mi w/o new ucas and boy was my alignment jacked up (drove straight though). Alignment after UCA is now perfect.

As for the lift, are you refering to the complete OME with shocks and everything... if so there is no comparison to the Procomp spacer lift. Spacers are junk. a little spacer is okay like the OME one... but a 3" spacer is crap, it will ride like shit

3. Dec 19, 2009 at 2:22 PM
    chris4x4

chris4x4 With sufficient thrust, pigs fly just fine. Moderator

Member:
    First Name:
    FlimFlubberJAM
    Tenoe, AZ
    Vehicle:
    2019 Rubicon 4 Door,
    4.10 gears, sliders, and lots of buttons.
    Depending on your cab configuration, the OME 885's will give 3" lift without the spacers. I recomend getting them "Just in case", as a few people have gotten springs that have sagged prematurely. Also, if wanting to maintane the correct alignment, yes, different UCA's are recomended. OME is a much better lift than th ePro Comp

4. Dec 19, 2009 at 2:47 PM
    TacoFromTheTuke

Member:
    First Name:
    Chris
    The Tuke, AZ
    Vehicle:
    07 Sport
    Billet Grill Flat Black 10'' Poineer W/ Rockford fosgate amp Pop and Lock tailgate lock
    Yeah its the complete OEM with shocks.. and the procomp i was referring to was also the suspension lift (not the spacer lift)

5. Dec 19, 2009 at 2:52 PM
    TacoFromTheTuke

Member:
    First Name:
    Chris
    The Tuke, AZ
    Vehicle:
    07 Sport
    Chris, so if I go with the OME Suspension lift kit that toytech offers with the UCA's and a small spacer (what size do you suggest?) will it rup if i put on bfg km2's. Their 33inch's and 10.5 wide. and their going to be on 17inch procomp alloy's. Also with the lift, am i going to need anything else for the lift?

6. Dec 19, 2009 at 3:00 PM
    chris4x4

chris4x4 With sufficient thrust, pigs fly just fine. Moderator

Member:
    First Name:
    FlimFlubberJAM
    Tenoe, AZ
    Vehicle:
    2019 Rubicon 4 Door,
    4.10 gears, sliders, and lots of buttons.
    Can you post more info on what kida truck you have?

7. Jan 24, 2013 at 9:18 AM
    Josherz

Josherz New Member

Member:
    New Mexico
    Vehicle:
    Tacoma TRD Off Road
    Hey Chris came across this forum and I know you asked a long time ago what lift you should get. I'm in the same boat as you were. What kind of lift did you end up going with? What's your set up? How's the ride like?

8. Jan 24, 2013 at 9:22 AM
    evanmb31

evanmb31 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    evan
    connecticut
    Vehicle:
    09 trd off road
    Satoshi'd grill. blacked out badges. aftermarket sound system. De-chromed and color matched. OME 885s + Dakars with 3rd leaf removed. LR UCAs. Scs stealth 6 with 285 duratracs. BAMF sliders
    His last activity has october of 2011, so he might not be around much to answer your question. I personally am very pleased with my OME lift and SPC light racing UCAs, try searching for some other theads, there is some good info here http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/suspension/258245-old-man-emu-questions-answers-pictures.html

9. Jan 24, 2013 at 9:26 AM
    PAlittlematty

PAlittlematty "the soulless ginger"

Member:
    First Name:
    Matt
    Beech Creek, PA
    Vehicle:
    I miss my taco
    OME Lift, 885 Coils, 13MM Top Spacer, Dakar Leafs, DSM UCAs, Homeroshi Flush Mount Grille, WeatherTech Digifit Mats, Bestop Super Top, Toyota Bed Extender, Clevice Receiver 1990 SR5 3.slow SAS 5” Leafs, high pinion diff, 37” PBRs, MC rear, AP front bumpers, 5.29s, locked
    I'll chime in here. I have a 2011 AC with the 885s, top plate spacers(13mm), shocks all the way around, and the Dakar pack. Also the DSM upper control arms. My truck rides better now than it did stock. Firm but not rough. I personally won't put anything else on for suspension. Very happy with this setup. I have 255/80/17 BFG KM2s (33.04x10) and they don't rub. Takes a lot to get them to touch. Minor trimming of my mudflap and they're good to go. I highly recommend this lift. Now they just need to send stickers to me!!!

Products Discussed in

To Top