1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

? On lift, I what to do on my 2011 SR-5 4x4

Discussion in '2nd Gen. Tacomas (2005-2015)' started by Neve, Jul 1, 2012.

1. Jul 1, 2012 at 7:50 AM
    Neve

Neve [OP] Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Jeff
    Ohio
    Vehicle:
    2011 Black Tacoma SR5
    None
    Hi to all. Awesome morning here in Ohio. Just sitting outside looking at my truck waiting on my buddy. The wife gave him the go ahead on making a run up to lake Erie for the perch bite. Anyhow, I have 5100 bilsteins waiting to be put on. The stock springs and shocks are just not cutting it in the rearend, when the boat is hooked up (3000lbs). The ride is nice when I'm not towing and hoping to keep that ride. (SR-5 only not trd package) its running with 3 leafs now. So, here's one of two ? I have. Would I be better off too. 1.- added a leaf or 2.-like some threads I've read buy new set of 5-leaf dakars and take a leaf out. The FRONT I'm not sure if I should set the 5100 at .85 or the 1.75 don't want to go any higher. For my last ? About the front end. Should I keep the stock spring or buy the 883 coils from toytec? What's the difference between the two and then what would I need to set the 5100 at to keep the lift at 1.50in. Would I need the drop kit for the front? I've read a lot of thread,couldn't find this set up. Going to do the lift myself and would be relieved knowing the setting are right for the height I'm looking for. Thanks a lot

2. Jul 1, 2012 at 9:07 AM
    SVHANC

SVHANC Kermit

Member:
    First Name:
    Sam
    Knoxville, TN
    Vehicle:
    '10 4x4 5sp 4cyl Access Cab
    Weathertech Floor Liners, Scangauge 2, Tailgate Hose Clamp, Rear Seat Headrests Removed
    I have the 2010 SR5 AC 4x4.
    I just installed my 5100s at 0.85 with the Taco Lean spacer, stock coils, and TSB leafs. There is now 7" gap in the front and 8" gap at the rear between the stock tires and the wheel well unloaded.

Go get the TSB for the rear leafs for free at your dealer. See multiple threads.

Install the shocks before you get the TSB (at whatever lift you want) because they will do an alignment as part of the TSB.

If you already have the shocks, all that is free and will give you a good baseline to work off.

3. Jul 1, 2012 at 9:51 AM
    Neve

Neve [OP] Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Jeff
    Ohio
    Vehicle:
    2011 Black Tacoma SR5
    None
    Thanks a lot for your help. Theres only about 22,000 miles on the springs. So hopefully the dealer doesn't give me issues installing the TBS. Wanting to move up to a 265 tire rather the 245. Extra inch there and my girl can still get in with just a little jump. Thanks! Again

4. Jul 1, 2012 at 10:47 AM
    Toy Yoda

Toy Yoda gotta make sure Youtube comes down to tape this

Member:
    First Name:
    Garrett
    Vehicle:
    06 DCLB
    OME, ARB, Warn, Snugtop XV
    yeah go with the tsb, i know with dakars you'd need longer rear shocks, so that might not be something you want to spend money on just yet

Products Discussed in

To Top