1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

On the fence, TRD now or wait

Discussion in '2nd Gen. Tacomas (2005-2015)' started by BunBun, Aug 31, 2010.

1. Aug 31, 2010 at 9:24 PM
    BunBun

BunBun [OP] Member

Member:
    Seattle, WA
    Vehicle:
    2011 TRD DC LB Magnetic Grey Metalic
    tailgate anti theft mod
    Ever since I got rid of my Ford Ranger 10 years ago I've missed not having a truck. After a lot of research, test drives and a ton of trolling TW / TN posts, I am sold on a Tacoma DC TRD. The dealer is giving me invoice + on the truck but just average on my trade in.

Should I jump anyways and possibly feel hosed on my trade or does the Tacoma have decent rebates closer to the end of the year? I'm not desperate to to get it done right now but if I'm going to do it then why wait.

Thoughts?

2. Aug 31, 2010 at 9:35 PM
    bakerla

bakerla Man, Myth, Legend

Member:
    First Name:
    Lyndall
    Pearland, TX
    Vehicle:
    '10 4wd OR
    CBI Moab front and CBI Trailrider rear, Budbuilt skids, Shrockworks sliders, OME Dakars w/ OME Nitros, OME 886x w/ OME Nitros, Light Racing UCAs, stainless steel brakelines F/R, Cobra 75 w/ Firestik antenna, 255/85/16 Cooper ST Maxx on 1st gen alloys, Weathertech liners, Engo 9000S winch, stickars and other shit.
    rebates are hard to find on the tacomas. take the rebate now, rather than waiting on losing it.

3. Aug 31, 2010 at 10:16 PM
    BunBun

BunBun [OP] Member

Member:
    Seattle, WA
    Vehicle:
    2011 TRD DC LB Magnetic Grey Metalic
    tailgate anti theft mod
    That's just it there is no rebate now. The college grad and military rebates don't apply since I've been out of both for a while now. The invoice price is the regular price I'd get anytime so it won't go away.

4. Aug 31, 2010 at 10:33 PM
    bakerla

bakerla Man, Myth, Legend

Member:
    First Name:
    Lyndall
    Pearland, TX
    Vehicle:
    '10 4wd OR
    CBI Moab front and CBI Trailrider rear, Budbuilt skids, Shrockworks sliders, OME Dakars w/ OME Nitros, OME 886x w/ OME Nitros, Light Racing UCAs, stainless steel brakelines F/R, Cobra 75 w/ Firestik antenna, 255/85/16 Cooper ST Maxx on 1st gen alloys, Weathertech liners, Engo 9000S winch, stickars and other shit.
    oh, we got a 1,000 cash rebate here in texas. plus, that college grad rebate is 2 years retroactive. something some folks might not realize....

5. Sep 1, 2010 at 3:24 AM
    David K

David K Well-Known Member

Member:
    San Marcos, Alta California
    Vehicle:
    2010 4WD Off Road DC
    Differential Breather Mod Light Bar: 4 Cree LED lamps Bilstein 5100s Ride Rite Air Bags
    Do you really need a long bed, as the Off Road TRD (with A-TRAC) is not available on it?

I thought I would need the bed extender when I went from a '01 xtra cab (6' bed) to the '05 double cab (5' bed)... But, I soon discovered with the size increase in the second gen. ('05+) Tacomas, the bed is wider and deeper and the 5' bed holds as much as the older 6' did. Some garages are not big enough for the long bed, as well.

6. Sep 1, 2010 at 4:07 AM
    Jimsc

Jimsc Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Jim
    Greenville, SC
    Vehicle:
    10 PreRunner Double Cab
    Aries Nerf Bars, Cargo Seperator
    Your best deal is going to be now on a 2010. If you can find one that you like I would buy that as there is now difference other than the grill.

To Top