1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Onboard Pressurized Water System for the 2005-Current Toyota Tacoma OBW

Discussion in 'Buy / Sell / Trade - Other' started by ProForce, Sep 26, 2016.

?

Overall Satisfaction w/ product and service? If you have received less than 5☆ service please PM me!

1. 5 ☆☆☆☆☆ - Extremely Satisfied

55 vote(s)
    84.6%
  2. 4 ☆☆☆☆ - Satisfied

3 vote(s)
    4.6%
  3. 3 ☆☆☆ - Nuetral

3 vote(s)
    4.6%
  4. 2 ☆☆ - Dissatisfied

2 vote(s)
    3.1%
  5. 1 ☆ - Extremely Dissatisfied

2 vote(s)
    3.1%
  1. Dec 3, 2017 at 10:30 AM
    ProForce

ProForce [OP] IG @proforce.expeditions OB#5411

Member:
    First Name:
    Anthony
    SoCal - Fontana
    Vehicle:
    09 MGM TRD Sport DCSB 4.0 Auto 2wd
    Too many to list. See build page. Link in signature
    Hey Rob, sorry to hear about this. Never had a pump break before. So when you tried taking the hoses off the pump to remove it, the orange nipples broke?? Thats crazy tge barbs on the pump are all molded as part of the pump i think. Hope the repair wasnt too much, the pump does have warranty and it shouldnt be more then $30 for a whole brand new pump. If theres anything i can do to help let me know.

bski22[QUOTED] likes this.
  2. Dec 3, 2017 at 10:36 AM
    bski22

bski22 Shaka Zulu \000/

Member:
    First Name:
    Rob
    Vehicle:
    Toyota
    I’ll DM you pics. I don’t think they will replace pump for me or maybe they will. Yea I tried pulling the nuetral and it was stuck on there pretty good. Not to stressed. $30 no biggy might contact company and see what they say.

3. Dec 10, 2017 at 11:33 AM
    Overkill07

Overkill07 Tacoitis

Member:
    First Name:
    Warren
    Texas
    Vehicle:
    14 TRD O/R DC MGM
    A few audio upgrades, tinted windows, remote start because it f'n hot in Texas! 6in Fabtech DB lift, 17x9 Fuel Trophy wheels, 315/70/17 Duratracs,BAMF 80in sliders w/kickout, Prinsu cab rack w/30in Heretic light bar, custom bedside decals, custom hi-lift jack brackets, US Offroad front bumper w/winch, bed rack with RTT, CB, Short wave base station, Ultra gauge, color matched grille surround, an ungodly amount of recover gear, ARB fridge, hood struts, RotoPax, traction pads.
    @ProForce So is this one not mine? Just let me know what's up.

4. Dec 27, 2017 at 1:29 PM
    Toynado

Toynado Well-Known Member

Member:
    SF Bay Area
    Vehicle:
    2016 TRD OR DCSB Quicksand
    EXTERIOR: Toytec Boss 2.0 Dakar CS047R Leaf Springs Tailpipe chopped Pelfreybilt Front full hoop front bumper w/ Pelfrey fairlead Pelfreybilt Rear standard bumper Pelfreybilt Aluminum IFS, Mid, Rear (exhaust reroute) & Gas tank skids Pelfreybilt Fuseplate w/ 12 circuit fuse block All-Pro Apex Sliders ProComp 7036 17"x9" -6 offset BFG 275/70R/17 KO2's Warn VR10000-S winch Baja Designs S8 light bar & Squadron sports amber pods in front bumper Baja Designs S2 flush pods in rear bumper Baja Designs Squadron Pro amber pods on Caliraised ditch light brackets @rrentrop reflective black tailgate inserts RSI LED's for regular & high beams Prinsu Cabrac Custom Tradesman Truck Top by Access Manufacturing w/ Powertank 8"propane tank mount & Yakima tracks on the roof INTERIOR: Warrior Products door sill protectors Husky Weather Beater floor mats front & rear Coverking arid multicam seat covers in the front Midland 75-822 CB w/ 4' Firestick antenna on C4 Fabrication tailgate mount Consolevault Hondo Garage iPhone mount
    Which case is that, the 2800 or 3800? I have had one of your kits that’s been in my garage for way too long and want to do this exact setup!

Last edited: Dec 27, 2017
  5. Dec 27, 2017 at 3:45 PM
    ProForce

ProForce [OP] IG @proforce.expeditions OB#5411

Member:
    First Name:
    Anthony
    SoCal - Fontana
    Vehicle:
    09 MGM TRD Sport DCSB 4.0 Auto 2wd
    Too many to list. See build page. Link in signature
    Medium, 2800

Toynado[QUOTED] likes this.
  6. Dec 28, 2017 at 8:58 AM
    riz_atx

riz_atx #bigpermtaco #teamBP

Member:
    First Name:
    Sohail
    Spicewood Texas
    Vehicle:
    ‘16 4x4 DCLB GFC Locked, Geared, Tuned
    C4Fab/RCI/BAMF, ADS, 4.88, Lockers, OVTune
    I’ve got the triton tank and used it heavily on my last trip to BBNP and Lincoln National forest. I use 2, 7 gallon aquatainers, run the intake from there to the water pump. Out of the pump into the in on the heater followed by the output of the heater to a handheld sprayer. Works great! Water heats up in about 3-5 seconds.

I’ll be working on a more permanent mount as well as adding a front runner 15hallon tank at the front of the bed eventually.

B15CA53D-48B0-4714-877F-FDA51815AF2B.jpg

You can see the heater on he back left of the bed

7. Dec 28, 2017 at 9:02 AM
    riz_atx

Member:
    First Name:
    Sohail
    Spicewood Texas
    Vehicle:
    On the last trip, the last night it froze. I made sure to run the water dry out of the pump and intake lines so they wouldn’t freeze. In the morning, I cracked the ice on the top of the water tanks and put the input line back in and reprimed the pump. I had a hot water heater so I could have used that to reheat the water but fortunately, I didn’t have to do this.

Another night on the same trip, I didn’t empty the pump. The water in it and the intake pipe froze solid. I had to wait a little bit for it to melt and then it worked just fine still.

8. Dec 28, 2017 at 10:19 AM
    Islandchanel

Islandchanel Well-Known Member

Member:
    Sweet good to know . Thanks for he update

riz_atx likes this.
  9. Jan 3, 2018 at 5:50 PM
    aaen

aaen Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Steve
    Northern Alberta
    Vehicle:
    2016 DCLB 4x4 TRD Sport BBP
    Kings, ARB Summit Bumper, SMittybilt Winch, vagabond Drifter, Prinsu Cabrac, Crusinoffroad slidersand rear bumper
    Looking for an alternative method to installing the inlet/outlets for the bumps, besides drilling into the bedside. I'm going to be having a storage unit installed in the rear of the truck here shortly and I will be using a 15-20gallon RV tank at the front of the bed to contain water instead of using the standard water jugs.

Anyone see any issue with mounting this to a sheet of plywood/metal and attaching it to the front rail on the truck? Then figuring out some sort of enclosure to protect it? Then I would just run the out let cable down the underside of the riverside bedrail to the back of the truck. Thoughts? I've had this for months and haven't; had time to install it due to work.

Steve

10. Jan 3, 2018 at 9:33 PM
    aaen

aaen Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Steve
    Northern Alberta
    Vehicle:
    Kings, ARB Summit Bumper, SMittybilt Winch, vagabond Drifter, Prinsu Cabrac, Crusinoffroad slidersand rear bumper
    Well forget that, I was just reading through his thread for ideas and a light bulb went off, I have numerous pelican cases sitting around I can install it in that, and the foam should act as sound insulation as well. Flip the page on the thread and I see that they have one built already in a pelican like case.

Should be easily mountable on the back rail using some t-nuts, problem solved and it is removable. I'll just add in a waterproof connector on the power so it can be removed easily.

AZROTTI and ProForce[OP] like this.
  11. Jan 3, 2018 at 9:55 PM
    AFMurse2014

AFMurse2014 Death Can Wait

Member:
    First Name:
    Devin
    San Antonio
    Vehicle:
    2016 MGM Double Cab TRD OFF ROAD 6 Speed MANUAL
    Freedom, American flags and ISIS blood Morimoto 35w 5500k HID/ LED highs from TRS. RCI expo rack Core Short throw shifter, hypertech speedo recalibrator. Rear seat molle panel. OVT. PnP 2LM. C4 Hybrid Bumper w/ amber BD squadron pods. 33 pizza cutters. T9 radio
    mines still in the box... got home from deployment and my drills batteries were fried... and then orders to move... Cant wait to install this hopefully SOMETIME this year lol

ProForce[OP] likes this.
  12. Jan 4, 2018 at 8:39 PM
    aaen

aaen Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Steve
    Northern Alberta
    Vehicle:
    My god that is a lot fo gear!

13. Jan 5, 2018 at 7:30 AM
    riz_atx

Member:
    First Name:
    Sohail
    Spicewood Texas
    Vehicle:
    HA! its not really as bad as it looks, haha! There are multiple peoples stuff on the tail gate as we were about to cook bfast.... Ive been working on making it all more efficient. You should have seen the first trip in the truck, i had so much stuff, it was comical. It only gets better each trip :)

aaen[QUOTED] likes this.
  14. Jan 6, 2018 at 5:25 PM
    aaen

aaen Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Steve
    Northern Alberta
    Vehicle:
    I have a few friends whom bring everything but the kitchen sink with them. When they setup camp for one night it is literally a few hours watching them unpack everything and get it all setup. The rest of us just sit there with a cold one around the fire, and watch and chuckle. Great people, just they literally have everything including the kitchen sink. I often wondered why they didn't;t just get a 5th wheel to bring with them.

Great folks to have with you though, especially when you want that fancy coffee and she wipes one up for ya.

15. Jan 6, 2018 at 5:30 PM
    aaen

aaen Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Steve
    Northern Alberta
    Vehicle:
    oh an on a side note how are you liking the triton hot water heater? I'm debating getting one for my longish trip (4-5 wks) I am going on here in 2 wks time. Any recommendations? or accessories I should get? Only getting it because it was how I convinced a lady friend to fly down and come to Death Valley with me. Sigh the things we do for the opposite sex. Me I would go a week without showering and just use a rag on a stick, haha. Sadly I imagine if I buy this shower ai will never stop using it.

16. Jan 7, 2018 at 3:44 PM
    riz_atx

Member:
    First Name:
    Sohail
    Spicewood Texas
    Vehicle:
    Dude, it’s killer! Heats the water quickly, like 3-4 seconds. I’ve had mine go through much dust and a little rain without being covered and it’s atill working great.

What I would suggest is to get the needed fittings to make connecting it to the pump’s out quick disconnect to the triton in quick and clean looking. I’m also adding a quick disconnect to the tritons water out port so I can use the yellow hose and sprayer from this kit with the triton or not, since they would both use quick discos. I’ve ordered all the fittings and will have the last piece Tuesday. I’ll definitley share pics.

Here is the mount I made for it:

https://instagram.com/p/BdjWZD0H3fm/

Pump Kit is all in the cubby below

17. Jan 7, 2018 at 4:10 PM
    aaen

aaen Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Steve
    Northern Alberta
    Vehicle:
    Oh nice. I am strongly debating putting both a eccotemp 5l and my water pump in the same case and mounting to the outside of my rack. Actually similar to your rack, KB voodoo I think it is, just mid height. Trying to find an actual case that will hold both though is proving to be difficult.

18. Jan 7, 2018 at 4:15 PM
    riz_atx

Member:
    First Name:
    Sohail
    Spicewood Texas
    Vehicle:
    Finding a case for that triton is on my list of things to do lol

Same for a better water tank option. Leaning to the front runner tanks even though they are pricey. There are a couple that I could use without much doing on my part

19. Jan 7, 2018 at 4:44 PM
    aaen

aaen Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Steve
    Northern Alberta
    Vehicle:
    yup, I'm planning putting my tank up front, and plumbing it to the drivers side by the back of the truck. flip open the case plug it all in and voila hot water for showers, just need to convince her it is limited hot water with 20 gals.

riz_atx likes this.
  20. Jan 8, 2018 at 5:08 AM
    SliMbo4.0

SliMbo4.0 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Rick
    Colorado Front Range
    Vehicle:
    07 Tacoma DCSB TRD offroad
    BP51, BAMF hangers, BruteForce HC, SCS, Vagabond Drifter
    sub'd for later. will keep my eye open for another possible round