1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

One wheeled motorcycle carrier

Discussion in 'Motorcycles' started by WildLand, Aug 5, 2014.

1. Aug 5, 2014 at 6:53 AM
    WildLand

WildLand [OP] Does Ursus arctos defecate in deciduous forest?

Member:
    First Name:
    Fish
    NM
    Vehicle:
    06 Tundra
    Hey guys.
    So I recently bought a camper shell for my truck and was looking into motorcycle carriers. I go back to school in two weeks and really don't want to leave my camper at my current location and then have to drive back and get it (even if it is just a three hour drive).

I'm kind of scared of having the full weight of the motorcycle, 2005 ninja 500r, suspended on the back of my truck, 00 tacoma, and feel like I'll have a few butt pucker moments with that too.

so I found this thing http://albuquerque.craigslist.org/mpo/4564582043.html and was wondering if any of you had experiences with these types of carriers and if it will work 230 miles for a sports bike. Its cheap, unlike other carriers which is in my favor but not to sure how the back tire will be on the ground.

Thank you!

2. Aug 11, 2014 at 1:00 PM
    Speed Freek

Speed Freek Tacoma Whisperer!

Member:
    First Name:
    Jason
    Vista, Ca, Lake Havasu, Az.
    Vehicle:
    98 Tacoma V8 (LS1) swap
    LS1-T56 swap, Z06 ported heads, cam, Titanium valves, Kevlar clutch. Now building a forged stroker (383) and all the ponies! Old setup was rod-knockin on heaven's door...
    JoeHaulers are the best ones out there, its made in USA and really stout compared to the chinese or cheaper variants

www.joehauler.com

3. Aug 11, 2014 at 1:05 PM
    bldegle2

bldegle2 OldPhart

Member:
    San Francisco, Ca.
    Vehicle:
    2009 Prerunner TRD AccessCab
    New Navigation DVD/CD/TV/AV/Bluetooth Stereo and seat mod spacers, 1" hubcentric spacers, seat heaters....
    on the first one, just remove the chain or belt drive and go for it, less weight on the rear...the one at joehauler, while superior, does put all the weight at the rear of your truck, actually outriggered further to the rear and hung off the trailer hitch, which compounds the extra weight....

just a thought, if it was me, I would go for the first one you were looking at simply because I do not have air bags or stronger aftermarket leafs...

4. Aug 12, 2014 at 9:13 AM
    Speed Freek

Speed Freek Tacoma Whisperer!

Member:
    First Name:
    Jason
    Vista, Ca, Lake Havasu, Az.
    Vehicle:
    98 Tacoma V8 (LS1) swap
    LS1-T56 swap, Z06 ported heads, cam, Titanium valves, Kevlar clutch. Now building a forged stroker (383) and all the ponies! Old setup was rod-knockin on heaven's door...
    Gonna wear out the rear tire right in the middle... I would rather have it off the ground but thats me.

Products Discussed in

To Top