1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Ongoing lift install price thread

Discussion in 'Suspension' started by Khaos, Jul 17, 2008.

1. Nov 13, 2016 at 7:02 PM
    MadDaddy

MadDaddy Pork Rind Extraordinaire

Member:
    Georgia
    Vehicle:
    '13 Prerunner
    YEP.

jr15642 likes this.
  2. Nov 13, 2016 at 7:04 PM
    MadDaddy

MadDaddy Pork Rind Extraordinaire

Member:
    Georgia
    Vehicle:
    '13 Prerunner
    I bought my truck and immediately signed up here to learn more about Tacos and mods. When I first started looking at lifts, I was looking at spacers and blocks. The best advice I was given was "study this forum for at least 3 months before buying anything, avoid the cheapest option because you get what you pay for." I started reading about lifts in December and finally ordered my kit in April.

jr15642 likes this.
  3. Nov 15, 2016 at 1:43 PM
    Dixon22

Dixon22 Active Member

Member:
    Turkey
    Vehicle:
    2010 Dcab TRD SR5 PreRunner 4x2
    66 Series K&N intake, NFAB Nerf Bars Black, Magna Flow Exhaust, Spyder CFL Halo, LED, Projector Headlamps. Roof Rack, Tacoma Bed Mat,
    1st off, I'm feeling more and more like a rookie the more research I do but none the less, My True Struggle:::::::::
    I've been looking for a suspension and coil-over lift for friggin ever. Wanted to lift my first Taco 2006 DBL cab pre-runner Off-road. (4x2). Never happened. Bought a new taco in 2010 DblCab TRD Sport Pre-runner. IMG_0005.jpgIMG_0010.jpg IMG_0006.jpg

After all this looking and saving and researching "what's best for my uses and ride quality?" As I don't do a lot of actual off-roading per say, I want a solid look but more importantly a better than stock ride and my new location is going to be Belgium. I'll have a car for Autobahn driving but my daily driver will be my beloved TACOMA. Short wheel/ 4x2 and I felt great about the 3inch toytec with Bilsteins 5100's or the adjustable ones( reminder!!!!I'm a rookie with lifting and wheels/tires combos) and the 1.5 inch AAL but kept finding through reading that they are pretty stiff and I really don't want stiffer in that department. The Old Man Emu's(OME- which took me years to realize what OME friggin meant) here's the quote I got from ROCKY ROAD OUTFITTERS----[​IMG]

They seem like a nice team of professionals but I feel like I can certainly find a cheaper quote (at least I'm hoping so). The big hiccup is that I'm in Turkey for one more month(just finishing 15 months here) I'll be in the states(AZ)for approx. 20 days afterwards and I'm getting my truck lifted, new wheels and tires, and ready for shipment after briefly enjoying the American Roadways w/new setup and making sure all the kinks are hopefully worked out then finally driving it to San Diego to drop it off to be ported out and on its way to Europe. Some details I was thinking being good ideas: Changing 265/70/17's to maybe 275/70/18 (would love any suggestions as I want to make sure to have good wheel/tire to fender ratio and not look strange like I'm needing more tire, or more wheel). Not going with an aggressive tire tread. But here's the stance I'm really liking on these few pics I've snapped off the net. Please remember that the 1st three pics above is my truck currently. If you're still reading, please help me pick the right set up because the struggle is real. IMG_0104.jpgIMG_0112.jpg IMG_0118.jpgIMG_0086.jpg
    Tucson, AZ has some great looking TACOs and for the love of god I need help. Message me, reply, point me in the right direction TW friends. Thanks for reading.

4. Nov 16, 2016 at 8:10 AM
    spiralout462

spiralout462 Well-Known Member

Member:
    Eastern Shore VA
    Vehicle:
    2012 black sr5
    Icon suspension '15 toyota nav TRD FJ SE anthracite wheels Weathertechs Trd pro pieces
    Icon stage 1 plus progressive AAL, plus spanner wrench.

Cost= $1410.20
    Labor= 1 day of my time and muscles, no special tools.
    Alignment=$89.95

Worth every penny!

Dirty results.....
    20161115_112444.jpg

jr15642 and Dixon22 like this.
To Top