1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Operation Ditch the Spacer Lift....Rear???

Discussion in 'Suspension' started by Sublime, May 14, 2010.

1. May 14, 2010 at 5:59 PM
    Sublime

Sublime [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Mike
    Phoenix, AZ
    Vehicle:
    08 TRD 4x4
    Icon/All Pro.....chopped for 35's
    Hey guys, pretty new to the site and appreciate all the good info. I bought an 08 DC TRD off road at end of last year (love it). Had a front leveling kit and 285 km2s on it. Thinking of getting 5100s to switch out with this front as it sucks. As for the rear it looks raised but not sure if an aal is in or tsb? It's a 4 pack and measurments come out to 38 front 39.5 rear. More or less each side. This seems like alot for a leveling kit. Could the rear be up that high from the tires??

May just go 5100's front and rear and set at 1.75 and hope it has similar #'s (height wise). Figured i'd run it by you guys since you've most likely measured etc.

Thanks,
    Mike

100_1070.jpg
    2010-05-14 17.20.23.jpg
    2010-05-14 17.18.16.jpg

2. May 15, 2010 at 4:12 AM
    Janster

Janster Old & Forgetful

Member:
    First Name:
    Jandy
    Lancaster, PA
    Vehicle:
    2016 GMC Canyon SLT w/ LineX and....
    Hi Mike,

It's hard to tell what lift is in the rear. It doesn't appear you have the TSB Springs. If you had them, there'd be a total of 4 leafs (including overload). That bottom leaf (not the overload) looks somewhat 'short' and thick. Most AAL's are longer and not that thick. The U-bolts don't look stock ....I don't think they hang down that far. It's hard to tell what you have back there.

You don't necessarily need to buy 5100's for the rear unless you're unhappy with the way it feels or they're not long enough or something. I wouldn't change a thing back there unless you really want to. You have what appears to be TRD Bilsteins back there already.

Swap out the front ...and see where you're at. Go from there.

3. May 15, 2010 at 11:10 AM
    Sublime

Sublime [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Mike
    Phoenix, AZ
    Vehicle:
    08 TRD 4x4
    Icon/All Pro.....chopped for 35's
    Ya, I'm thinking that thick short spring above the overload is an aal. Anyone else with an aal have these measurments? I guess going 5100's all around for improved ride will be fine if an aal is already in.

Anymore thought?

Mike

To Top