1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Opinion on body damage

Discussion in '2nd Gen. Tacomas (2005-2015)' started by biscuits87, Feb 6, 2011.

1. Feb 7, 2011 at 2:22 PM
    Di Trut

Di Trut Well-Known Member

Member:
    Ok, yeah i'm being a prick. But i just don't understand why ask on a forum what a body shop will charge him. Why not just get a better answer straight from the horses mouth? :confused:

2. Feb 8, 2011 at 4:20 AM
    biscuits87

biscuits87 [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Will
    St J, VT
    Vehicle:
    10 TRD Off Road V6 6-speed
    Avid Light Bar
    I wrote this super bowl sunday when nothing was open, hoping to get a ruff estimate. I like to have some knowledge before dealing with repair shops.

Free is always better :D

Well convertible mod...Maybe write up to follow?

I have a claim in, we will see when the adjuster calls with what my options are.

Regardless, thanks for the response guys. I will post pics of fix when it is done.

3. Feb 8, 2011 at 8:37 AM
    biscuits87

biscuits87 [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Will
    St J, VT
    Vehicle:
    10 TRD Off Road V6 6-speed
    Avid Light Bar
    Ok, so I have never dealt with anything like this. The insurance company told me because they can not place blame on their client (no shit) they will not cover the damages. :annoyed: Does anyone else think this is wrong? I mean, tree falls from your yard and hits my house, your insurance pays, same situation right?:notsure:

4. Feb 8, 2011 at 8:43 AM
    twfsa

twfsa Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Tom
    Omaha Ne
    Vehicle:
    04 TRD 4X4
    881 Front coils, Bilstien 5100's all the way front set to "0" Icon Dynamic's mini leafs in rear, stock tires.
    Leave it alone till you have a shop look at it.Why would you even f**k with it?

5. Feb 8, 2011 at 9:07 AM
    wmdpowell

wmdpowell Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Bill
    Essex county NY
    Vehicle:
    23 trd OR DCSB 4x4 silver
    a cross on my rearview Circle mirror Scotch guard seats
    Sorry to see.
    I was bugged by a few tiny door ding my wife gave me (on the very low part of door where 'cars hit trucks') and I can probably wax it out once warm. Unfortunately yours looks like it will need more than wax.

I think VT works much like NY, very consumer friendly when it comes to insurance. Call your car insurance agent and your house insurance agent. It realy is there job to sort out with neighbors insurance co.

I hope you don't have to pay the deductable.

6. Feb 8, 2011 at 9:11 AM
    island808

island808 Me l've got brains.

Member:
    First Name:
    Jedediah
    hawaii
    Vehicle:
    '10 6speed 4x4 access cab
    Best answer.

7. Feb 8, 2011 at 6:19 PM
    s1nner

s1nner Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    michael
    chesapeake,va
    Vehicle:
    06 trd offroad
    6" fabtech suspension lift, 3" body lift, 36x15.5 mtz on mt classic II wheels with red fake beadlock, shaved tailgate handle, custom paint, trd sport hood
    i am a body tech and if it were mine i would attempt to repair that first there is absolutely nothing wrong with body filler i would much rather have that than break factory seams on my truck if i didn't have to a little bit of mud is a lot better than a potential rust problem or any other number of problems that could come along with removing permanently attached panels like a roof people tend to demand new panels when shit happens but it is not always the best thing for your car im not saying it is impossible to put a roof skin on correctly but it is a pain and i have seen a lot of people that are just too impatient for it but the moral of the story is don't be afraid of bondo it is a good thing when used properly trust me it is all over my truck and i challenge anyone to come pick my truck apart

Products Discussed in

To Top