1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Opinions? I hate Jöggers in the Bike Lane

Discussion in 'Law Enforcement Officers' started by Benson X, Nov 21, 2012.

1. Nov 21, 2012 at 1:19 PM
    Forster46

Forster46 Very nice how much?

Member:
    First Name:
    Nick
    Mount Vernon, WA
    Vehicle:
    The doritos locos taco
    6000k HID's, AUX Reverse Lights, 3" Rough Country Suspension Lift, Pioneer AVH-P4200 Double Din, Underglow and footwell Lights, Camo Seat Covers, Duralast Tool Box, Blacked Out Badges, Grill, Front Emblem, Midland CB Radio, Amber Strobes, POWER REAR WINDOW, cup holder LED's, Firestik 3' in bed, console divider, Ultragauge.
    I hate bicyclists anywhere near the roads, let alone joggers in the bike lane. There is a sidewalk for a reason. What? You don't like the cracks in the sidewalk? Don't fucking jog then.

2. Nov 21, 2012 at 1:26 PM
    stewartx

stewartx Well-Known Member

Member:
    Huntsville AL
    Vehicle:
    2012 Silver DC SB TRD Off-Road
    Winch, front hitch, step bars, bed extender, bed step, gull-wing toolbox, tailgate lock, security system, cb radio, etc.
    Well, as I see it, this is yet another example of the self-centered attitude of many bicyclists. In addition to private bicycle lanes just for themselves (keep others - vehicles, joggers, pedestrians, etc - out), they "feel entitled" to the vehicle traffic lanes when those private lanes don't exist. They need to get over themselves. They don't live in this world alone. If they can use/share the traffic lanes, I see no reason whatsoever why joggers can't also use/share their lanes.

You wanted opinions. Well, there it is.

3. Nov 21, 2012 at 1:41 PM
    SalmonTaco

SalmonTaco Tasty fish in a tortilla

Member:
    First Name:
    Andrew
    Seattle
    Vehicle:
    '08 quatre roues motrices
    Brute Force bumpers, 5100s/885s, SnugTop MVP Shell, USA Spec iPod adapter, WeatherTechs, Tinted Fronts, Mud Flap chop, Tuffy Bed Box, Console Vault, Fogs anytime, ImMrYo mirror bracket, Wet Okoles, aFe Pro Dry S, PowerStop Z36 pads & drilled/slotted rotors, more shit I can't remember
    ^^^Dat is some funny shit^^^

4. Nov 21, 2012 at 1:43 PM
    Benson X

Benson X [OP] ...and we're back!

Member:
    First Name:
    Ben
    Olympia, WA
    Vehicle:
    '11 MGM DC/LB
    Debadged, Black Toyota Emblem, TRD Emblem, Tint, Leer 100XL w/ Thule Tracker II rails, aFe Stage II Si Pro Dry-S CAI, aFe Mach Power 3" cat-back exhaust, Doug Thorley Y-Pipe, Bedmat, Weathertech liners, Weathertech window vents, Redline Hood Struts, 12v Anytime Mod, Maglight Mod, FOB/Seatbelt Mod, Rear Diff. Breather Mod, OEM Heated Mirrors Mod, OME 886 Coils w/ 90k Nitro Shocks up front, OME N182 Shocks with Dakars and a D29XL AAL in back, Light Racing UCAs, 1/2" Toytec Front Spacers, swaybar delete Mod, (4) 1" BORA Wheel Spacers, 285/70R17 Goodyear MT/R (originals), hidden Cobra 19DX IV w/ 4' Firestik on a Relentless Mount, custom Sliders, ARB Bumper, Warn VR-8000s w/ Syn. line, custom Tool/Hi-Lift mounts, custom Engine Bay and Winch-area LEDs, csJumper interior LEDs, custom TRD Skull Decal, 10" SeeLite LED light-bar custom mounted in the grille, custom Front & Mid skidplate, Garmin 60CSX GPS w/ RAM mounts....RAN OUT OF
    That is the same way I feel. They have this sense of entitlement and empowerment, so they can go wherever they want and cars have to yield to them. Combine that with their typical condescending attitude, and you get an idea of the people I am referring to in the OP. Pisses me off.

It's like when I see joggers in the pouring down rain and I think to myself "What the fuck is wrong with you people? Does it really make you feel that much better about yourself? 'Cause just look like an asshole trying to get hypothermia!!!"

5. Nov 21, 2012 at 1:48 PM
    sammy87

sammy87 Well-Known Member

Member:
    co
    Vehicle:
    10 TRD SPORT 4X4
    I road bike a lot, but I drive to country roads where the traffic is not an issue. I either bike alone or with a buddy. What pisses me off are the "packs" of cyclists that ride 3 or 4 wide on windy roads, even up a canyon. Its just not safe or smart. Im not sure why some people bike on really busy roads at rush hr. I ride to get away from shit, not just be a part of it. And the joggers yeah they can suck too. Jogging in a shopping/restraunt area. They just do it to show off.

6. Nov 21, 2012 at 1:53 PM
    Benson X

Member:
    First Name:
    Ben
    Olympia, WA
    Vehicle:
    '11 MGM DC/LB
    Debadged, Black Toyota Emblem, TRD Emblem, Tint, Leer 100XL w/ Thule Tracker II rails, aFe Stage II Si Pro Dry-S CAI, aFe Mach Power 3" cat-back exhaust, Doug Thorley Y-Pipe, Bedmat, Weathertech liners, Weathertech window vents, Redline Hood Struts, 12v Anytime Mod, Maglight Mod, FOB/Seatbelt Mod, Rear Diff. Breather Mod, OEM Heated Mirrors Mod, OME 886 Coils w/ 90k Nitro Shocks up front, OME N182 Shocks with Dakars and a D29XL AAL in back, Light Racing UCAs, 1/2" Toytec Front Spacers, swaybar delete Mod, (4) 1" BORA Wheel Spacers, 285/70R17 Goodyear MT/R (originals), hidden Cobra 19DX IV w/ 4' Firestik on a Relentless Mount, custom Sliders, ARB Bumper, Warn VR-8000s w/ Syn. line, custom Tool/Hi-Lift mounts, custom Engine Bay and Winch-area LEDs, csJumper interior LEDs, custom TRD Skull Decal, 10" SeeLite LED light-bar custom mounted in the grille, custom Front & Mid skidplate, Garmin 60CSX GPS w/ RAM mounts....RAN OUT OF
    What I DO love....seeing old people speed-walking in the mall at 6:00am.

I think it's *cute*

7. Nov 21, 2012 at 2:03 PM
    paranoid56

paranoid56 Well-Known Member

Member:
    San Diego
    Vehicle:
    0 double cab taco
    a few things.
    every runner i have talked to say running on asphault is easier on your knees. And not areas can have bikes on sidwalks as that is ilegal in a lot of areas.

now saying that, i ride on the sidwalk always as i dont want to get ran over lol

8. Nov 21, 2012 at 2:03 PM
    Benson X

Member:
    First Name:
    Ben
    Olympia, WA
    Vehicle:
    '11 MGM DC/LB
    Only out of necessity. Up here in the PNW, we usually get the jöggers in 35°-45° with wind and pouring rain.

Maybe I'm just jealous....wait, nope. That's not it.

9. Nov 21, 2012 at 2:05 PM
    Pchop

Pchop Beavis Killer

Member:
    First Name:
    Rob I
    South FL
    Vehicle:
    '09 Tacoma TRD
    Try living up here in the bay area. Fucking cyclists everywhere, 2,3,4 or 5 wide on windy ass roads. Try driving through San Francisco!!!! damn near impossible with out taking out a stupid text/talking on a cell pedestrian, paying absolutely NO FUCKING attention to anything around them, walking at a snails pace across a busy road that people are trying to turn on and that have to wait for there slow asses to finally cross, but wait, they make it across and here comes the bicycles speeding through a stop sign and if you are unlucky enough to get hit by one or you hit one, even if its their own fault....your in the wrong
    I used to road bike and I never acted the way they do around here, when I cross the street I walk like I have a purpose and if someone is waiting on me to turn, I throw in a little hussle. Its called common fucking courtesy.:mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:

Sorry for the RANT It just aggravates the hell out of me how people behave now days.:eek:

10. Nov 21, 2012 at 2:06 PM
    dexterdog

dexterdog My pee parts itch

Member:
    Oly WA
    Vehicle:
    '07 FJ
    I run in the rain because mainly it rains here on a consistent basis. Cycling in the rain is insane though. Traffic is already bad enough. When it's raining there is no reason to make things worse by throwing a bicyclist in the mix.

11. Nov 21, 2012 at 2:18 PM
    LilTuffGirl

LilTuffGirl Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Nikki
    WV
    3" rough country lift leather
    Agreed it is MUCH nicer running in the rain. I love it.

Runners should be running against the traffic and bikers should be going with the traffic. I agree if there is a bike lane then runners should move out of the way of bikers and should see them coming just fine... Bikers are suppose to uphold the laws of the road.

I live in an upscale area (I have a small house on this area lol) and we have a lot of runners and bikers but no bike lane or sidewalk. It sucks. Many turns you just hope to not get hit since there isn't even a shoulder to run on. Just a ditch line to jump into. If we had EITHER of these things I'd LOVE it!!! Would make thing for cars and people so so much better!

Now if there is only a sidewalk bikes should get the hell off and use the road ;)

As for what you can do... Let your law enforcement know there is an issue. If they are a busy department I would t expect much though. It's just an add on to daily irritants we all encounter.

12. Nov 21, 2012 at 2:27 PM
    Benson X

Member:
    First Name:
    Ben
    Olympia, WA
    Vehicle:
    '11 MGM DC/LB
    I am really pleased with the responses in this thread. A lot of good opinions from all sides (except law-enforcement, which is what I was hoping for).

Thanks for the input, and I agree with a lot of you guys/gals. I think safety is the biggest concern here; safety for the pedestrians and drivers alike (and my Taco).

I think a couple well-written letters/emails and some phone calls are in order. Maybe a phone call to the Senator :laughing:

Or, I will just get some reflective safety-orange gear and take it upon myself to "redirect" wayward joggers.

Either way, I will update this thread once I get some answer/results :thumbsup:

13. Nov 21, 2012 at 2:30 PM
    KalamaKid

KalamaKid Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Jason
    Central Point OR (gangsta town)
    same shit as everyone else
    I'm joggin in the bike lane tomorrow morning just for you Ben :)

14. Nov 21, 2012 at 2:31 PM
    Shetto24

Shetto24 Well-Known Member

Member:
    Lake Tapps, WA
    Vehicle:
    I stay broke. Stock.
    Chiming in...In total agreement with the OP. Run on the sidewalks! better yet, find a trail. Also wanted to add that why in the hell do runners want to run near congested streets anyways , breathing in all that nasty ish! To answer my question, probably for the same reasons why when used to live in Denver I would see joggers when it's 10 below 0. Dbags.

15. Nov 21, 2012 at 2:31 PM
    LilTuffGirl

LilTuffGirl Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Nikki
    WV
    3" rough country lift leather
    Law enforcement really cant do much for you unless there is already a state law prohibiting people on foot to be In the bike lane.
    And taking upon yourself to do things may work but if you get hostile with them you'll be talking to police in person

Writing to senators and such is probably your best bet if the issue is that bad.

16. Nov 21, 2012 at 2:35 PM
    Benson X

Member:
    First Name:
    Ben
    Olympia, WA
    Vehicle:
    '11 MGM DC/LB
    Here we go:

RCW 46.61.250

Pedestrians on roadways.

(1) Where sidewalks are provided it is unlawful for any pedestrian to walk or otherwise move along and upon an adjacent roadway. Where sidewalks are provided but wheelchair access is not available, disabled persons who require such access may walk or otherwise move along and upon an adjacent roadway until they reach an access point in the sidewalk.

(2) Where sidewalks are not provided any pedestrian walking or otherwise moving along and upon a highway shall, when practicable, walk or move only on the left side of the roadway or its shoulder facing traffic which may approach from the opposite direction and upon meeting an oncoming vehicle shall move clear of the roadway.

[1990 c 241 § 6; 1965 ex.s. c 155 § 37.]

17. Nov 21, 2012 at 2:40 PM
    KalamaKid

KalamaKid Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Jason
    Central Point OR (gangsta town)
    same shit as everyone else
    Unfortunately in Oregon a pedestrian always has the right-of-way so there isn't shit you can do about it. I agree it's annoying and I hate it.

18. Nov 21, 2012 at 2:47 PM
    SOSHeloPilot

SOSHeloPilot Well-Known Member

Member:
    Atlanta
    Vehicle:
    2012 DCSB, TRD-OR - Traded In on a Ridgeline
    Finally, got my "first 4x4" in a Tacoma. Barcelona Red w/ JBL & Entune - Then traded it in on a Ridgeline.
    . . . :popcorn:

19. Nov 21, 2012 at 2:57 PM
    Benson X

Member:
    First Name:
    Ben
    Olympia, WA
    Vehicle:
    '11 MGM DC/LB
    Haha, do it! You will feel much better about yourself :rofl:

I also found out that Washington is the "#1 Bike Friendly State" in the US. :jellydance:

Now we have a bunch of stoned liberals getting married on their hip double-decker bicycles. woo-hoo :stirthepot:

[​IMG]

20. Nov 21, 2012 at 2:57 PM
    Rich91710

Rich91710 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Rich
    Los Angeles
    Vehicle:
    08 Base
    Satoshi with FJ badge, factory cruise, factory intermittent wipers, Redline Tuning hood-lift struts, Hellwig Swaybar, Rosen DVD-Nav
    Riding on the sidewalk is illegal and unsafe in the first place.

Riding the wrong way just compounds the problem for drivers making turns.

To Top