1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

opinions on my stupid impulse purchase

Discussion in 'All Terrain Vehicles' started by DSMissed, Aug 3, 2011.

1. Aug 3, 2011 at 6:27 PM
    DSMissed

DSMissed [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Kerri
    Lead South Dakota
    Vehicle:
    06 4x4 TRD OR
    3" lift with adjustable shocks and AAL, TPS disabled, anytime locker mod, MOOG greasable ball joints and adjustment pins, URD M3 s/c, Pioneer nav headunit, xplod 1000w amp, 10" infinity sub, tinted windows, lightly tinted tails, color matched front grill with blacked out emblem. Do battle scars count as mods?? =D
    http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/e...0583829589&viewitem=&sspagename=STRK:MEWNX:IT

I've been looking on Ebay/CL/local ads/dealers for months now and finally got frustrated and saw this, loved it, bought it, and I'm hoping I didn't get myself into something that is going to go badly.

I've been around honda atv's my entire life and we've occasionally rolled them, jumped them, they have fallen out of pickups, etc etc and we have never bent a frame, so I'm hoping this one is ok.

Opinions on my stupidity??? Its basically costing me $3200 with the cost of shipping plus whatever goes into parts to fix it, and FYI the cracked fender is going to get zip tied til I find a used plastic. I can't afford something new, and most of the used manual shift Ranchers in my area still go for $3k....

This site contains affiliate links for which the site may be compensated.
  2. Aug 3, 2011 at 6:30 PM
    Yoytoda

Yoytoda The Little Truck That Could

Member:
    First Name:
    Roland
    Big Bear,CA / Upstate NY(Saratoga)
    Vehicle:
    2010 Tacoma Regular Cab 4x4
    completely stock
    looks fixable. need to break it down and see all the damage

3. Aug 3, 2011 at 6:30 PM
    TacoMatt02

TacoMatt02 Well-Known Member

Member:
    South Carolina
    Vehicle:
    02 sr5 double cab
    Why would you buy something if they even say that they are not certain if the frame is bent. They haven't even driven the thing to see if there are other major flaws. Very stupid buy

4. Aug 3, 2011 at 6:31 PM
    Taco-NB

Taco-NB MMMMM Taco's

Member:
    New Brunswick
    Vehicle:
    '09 4X4 SR5 Access Cab V6 - Black Sand Pearl
    Geez man. I'd have a hard time buying something sight unseen that's supposed to be in great condition. I couldn't by something with that much damage unless I could have a personal look at it to survey the damage.

Hope it works out!!

5. Aug 3, 2011 at 6:42 PM
    DSMissed

Member:
    First Name:
    Kerri
    Lead South Dakota
    Vehicle:
    06 4x4 TRD OR
    3" lift with adjustable shocks and AAL, TPS disabled, anytime locker mod, MOOG greasable ball joints and adjustment pins, URD M3 s/c, Pioneer nav headunit, xplod 1000w amp, 10" infinity sub, tinted windows, lightly tinted tails, color matched front grill with blacked out emblem. Do battle scars count as mods?? =D
    I guess I'm just being stupid but hopeful. There was a guy with an 05 with 3k miles on it firm at $5k.

If all else fails, I'd imagine I could part it out to get my money back if I had to. All of the Honda's we've got have upper and lower A arms, and if anything is bent I would imagine its that.... but judging from the pictures I see no reason for major damage. And I know ours have taken some major hits (had a 1000 lb animal hit one so hard that the animal broke its neck and died) and no problems.

6. Aug 3, 2011 at 6:50 PM
    1Bigbird

1Bigbird Yo! Wat up peeps?

Member:
    winter-peg
    Vehicle:
    2010 TRD D-Cab
    The rack and frame are easily fixed if you can cut and weld. The plastic you can get plastic welded and will be cheaper than a new one. Won't look as good as new but better than tie straps.
    Check the electrical connectors and wires for damage when you take everything off.
    Hope it works out for you! :cheers:

7. Aug 3, 2011 at 7:48 PM
    DSMissed

Member:
    First Name:
    Kerri
    Lead South Dakota
    Vehicle:
    06 4x4 TRD OR
    I hope so too.. thanks.

To Top