1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Opinions on sliders

Discussion in '2nd Gen. Tacomas (2005-2015)' started by pontastic1, Nov 29, 2010.

1. Nov 29, 2010 at 9:45 AM
    pontastic1

pontastic1 [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Pon
    NorCal
    Vehicle:
    '11 MGM DCLB TRD Sport
    OME 885 + TSB/AAL, Light Racing UCA, Fold-A-Cover G4 tonneau, OEM bedmat, AMP Bed X-tender, Neoprene Seat Covers, Weather Tech floor liner, Pop-N-Lock, UltraGuage, more to come.....
    Hi guys,

I'm in the market for bolt-on sliders for my 'll DCLB. Not only do I want them for protection but I would like to also use them as steps. I don't like them to stick out too much, I prefer to have it a little more flush to the body: I've been looking into AVID, CBI, DEMELLO are there others that I'm missing. For those who have sliders, could you post pics of yours and why you chose them.....thanks a bunch

2. Nov 29, 2010 at 9:51 AM
    jdkeller

jdkeller How many words can be fit in this s

Member:
    First Name:
    Jonathan
    Inland Empire, Ca
    Vehicle:
    2008 Tacoma Prerunner TRD Offroad
    Dome light LED, 6000k HID Headlights and fogs, Grillcraft black mesh, rear 5100's, Total Chaos UCA's, 285/75/16 BFG KM2's, Spidertrax spacers, Blacked out emblems, cb,kenwood tm270 ham radio, All Pro 3" leaf pack, Fox 2.0 coilovers, Revenge Fab Sliders, u bolt flip kit, Pioneer avh4200, bed bar with light and antenna, Wet Okoles, Weathertech Mats, Wet Okole Armrests, Rear KR Fab bumper, bed mat, N-Fab spare tire carrier with full size spare on 16" TRD rim, Bedlinered flares and grille. Camburg Spindles, All Pro front fenders.
    Most sliders aren't very good steps. This is because they are supposed to be as high and tight to the body as possible. If you step on the slider first to get in, it's only another couple inches the rest of the way. Are you intending to use them offroad too? You could get a set custom made I suppose that sit a little lower. Downside would be less clearance offroad.

3. Nov 29, 2010 at 10:38 AM
    pontastic1

pontastic1 [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Pon
    NorCal
    Vehicle:
    '11 MGM DCLB TRD Sport
    OME 885 + TSB/AAL, Light Racing UCA, Fold-A-Cover G4 tonneau, OEM bedmat, AMP Bed X-tender, Neoprene Seat Covers, Weather Tech floor liner, Pop-N-Lock, UltraGuage, more to come.....

No, I will not be doing any off-roading anytime soon. As you pointed out it would be hard to make them function as true steps. thanks

4. Nov 29, 2010 at 10:45 AM
    brutalguyracing

brutalguyracing BIG DADDY

Member:
    F.U> GUYZ
    broken mods
    i would recomend n fab bars for you my friend

5. Nov 29, 2010 at 11:30 AM
    RCBS

RCBS How long you willing to tolerate this crap??

Member:
    Harden your bark, there are storms on the horizon.
    Vehicle:
    Goodbye 06, Hello 21. TRDORDCSBMT
    Tornado intake, Duralube, Fartcan.
    If you don't mind paying a kings ransom, look into Slee Off-road.

Products Discussed in

To Top