1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Opinions wanted

Discussion in 'Suspension' started by Snake~, Apr 12, 2011.

1. Apr 12, 2011 at 3:20 PM
    Snake~

Snake~ [OP] Big Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Blake
    DFW
    Vehicle:
    2010 DCSB TRD Sport
    Autolumination Yellow fog light bulbs, Dynomax Ultra Flo muffler, AFE Pro Dry S air filter, tailgate security mods, TRD skid plate, DeeZee bed mat, Armor Lid tonneau, OEM roof rack, TRD center caps, Satoshi grille, Sockmonkey tailgate decal
    I have a 2010 PreRunner Sport short bed. Rear leaf spring TSB has been done. Just received my front 5100s from DSM and 1.5 AAL from ToyTec. I don't do any real off roading, haul loads occasionally and tow rarely. I like the factory rake, wouldn't mind being level but DO NOT want to be nose high. So my question is, in your opinion should I set the 5100s to 1.75 or 2.5?

2. Apr 12, 2011 at 9:40 PM
    nvdeserted

nvdeserted Well-Known Member

Member:
    Reno, NV
    Vehicle:
    2009 Tacoma TRD OR Access Cab
    Electric Dynolock tailgate, TrailGear Slides, , 285/75-16 Yoko Geolanders on Wheelers Type B, SAW 2.0 front and back, Camburg b/j UCA, 1.5" AAL, Ubolt flip, ARB bump.
    With the TSB + 1.5" AAL, you will be close to level at 2.5"front. TSB+1.5"AAL at 1.75front will be real close to factory rake.

Either way I don't think you'll get it nose high with either combo.

3. Apr 13, 2011 at 6:37 AM
    Snake~

Snake~ [OP] Big Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Blake
    DFW
    Vehicle:
    2010 DCSB TRD Sport
    Autolumination Yellow fog light bulbs, Dynomax Ultra Flo muffler, AFE Pro Dry S air filter, tailgate security mods, TRD skid plate, DeeZee bed mat, Armor Lid tonneau, OEM roof rack, TRD center caps, Satoshi grille, Sockmonkey tailgate decal
    OK cool. I wasn't sure how much settling of the springs would occur. I've had the TSB springs for about a month and it doesn't seem like they have settled much if at all. And I'm assuming that the 5100s with the stock springs will not settle.
    What about the stories I've read here about shuddering under acceleration after lifting. Will there be a difference between 1.75 and 2.5 in that regard?

4. Apr 13, 2011 at 6:09 PM
    nvdeserted

nvdeserted Well-Known Member

Member:
    Reno, NV
    Vehicle:
    2009 Tacoma TRD OR Access Cab
    Electric Dynolock tailgate, TrailGear Slides, , 285/75-16 Yoko Geolanders on Wheelers Type B, SAW 2.0 front and back, Camburg b/j UCA, 1.5" AAL, Ubolt flip, ARB bump.
    Shudder: not from the front, from my exp anyway; I've had my adjustables from 0,1,2,3" of lift and never had any issues from the front.

The TSB+AAL in the rear, however, could be cause for driveline vibration; easy fix, buy a carrier bearing drop kit from Toytec or anywhere... I just 'dropped' mine with a stack of washers (but didn't need to). I would wait though, like I said, I had no vibe issues, just did it for the hell of it, and many others claim it's hit-or-miss from rig to rig.

5. Apr 18, 2011 at 7:34 AM
    Snake~

Snake~ [OP] Big Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Blake
    DFW
    Vehicle:
    2010 DCSB TRD Sport
    Another question: ToyTec sells a 1/4" spacer to correct drivers side Taco lean. But if I'm keeping the stock springs I shouldn't need the spacer since the drivers side spring is a little more stout than the passengers side, right?

Products Discussed in

To Top