1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Opinions Wanted

Discussion in 'Jobs & Careers' started by Joe D, Mar 3, 2017.

1. Mar 3, 2017 at 12:24 PM
    Joe D

Joe D [OP] .

Member:
    Over the past three summers I've had someone do work around my place. Most of the work is mowing, weed eating & blowing with some tree trimming.

I supply everything. The commercial zero turn mower, weed eater, blower, poll saw, chain saw fuel & food.

We normally begin in late February/early march and it last until end of October/early November.

I always work with the guy when cutting or trimming trees. He normally works alone when mowing, weed eating and blowing but, I'm at the house.

The mowing, weed eating and blowing normally take 6 to 7 hours and I'm pretty free if he wants to work some extra time and in fact he normally works 8 to 12 hours a week.

The ground is flat and it's low stress work.

Here's where I want opinions:

1.) What do y'all think is fair to both of us, hourly or by the job?

2.) What do y'all think is fair pay either for both hourly and by the job to just mow, weed eat & blow?

I've left out what I'm currently doing to try and get clean objective opinions.

I live in Mississippi.

ChadsPride likes this.
  2. Mar 5, 2017 at 9:15 AM
    tntacomaguy

tntacomaguy Well-Known Member

Member:
    Not sure this will help but when I was doing lawn care about 4 yrs ago now, I was making $13 hr. Most places around here would hire someone with some experience at about $10hr to start. However, the company I worked for charged about $35-$40 per yard that took less than 30 mins to complete. We really didn't have any that took several hrs, but a few times we'd do one that took a couple hrs or so and he'd charge at least a couple hundred. Personally if I was to do it, I'd want about $15 hr since I have several yrs experience, prob would want at least $150

Joe D[OP] likes this.
  3. Jul 16, 2019 at 10:49 PM
    mcm808

mcm808 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Micah
    Kane’ohe, O’ahu
    Vehicle:
    3rd gen
    charge by the job, that way he doesn't take longer to do the job, than necessary to beef up his check. if you know how long the job should take, come up with a set rate for that particular job. When you do it this way, it makes him eager to get it done and move on to the next, or go home...

shane100700 and inwood customs like this.
To Top