1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

opinions.....what would you do

Discussion in '2nd Gen. Tacomas (2005-2015)' started by bt08231, Apr 13, 2011.

1. Apr 13, 2011 at 3:35 PM
    Leggo

Leggo slow is smooth, and smooth is fast.

Member:
    First Name:
    Steve
    Newton,Ma.
    Vehicle:
    10 TRD Sport AC 4x4 MGM
    Kenwood HU,Infinity Kappa speakers (x4), Infinity reference tweeters(x2),10" Kicker sub, Box by Subthump, Infinty Five channel amp,DVD anytime bypass, DTRL Mod, Xtang trifecta, Fogs anytime Mod, Bed Mat,Westin running boards, Console vault, Maglite mod, Weathertechs,Autopage remote starter, Power tailgate lock, HID Bi Zenon, Hella Supertones,Rain guards,Rear leaf TSB,Steering shaft TSB, Fisher Homesteader plow, 886 reverse lights mod, Redline Hood struts, Hankook Dynapro ATM LT265/70R17, power sliding rear window, Auto dimming/on anytime Bed lights, Blue Sea fuse panel & 100amp Breaker, de- badged,Rear headrest's removed, imMrYo mirror relocation,Homeroshi grill
    I just feel as if i am so far into this payment process, i kind of want to finish it up and walk away with one hell of a nice truck that intend to own for the next 20 years, or until its dead.[/QUOTE]

Flipflop alert!

keep it unless you really need to sell it.lol

2. Apr 13, 2011 at 3:39 PM
    Watari06V6

Watari06V6 Faster than a speeding ticket

Member:
    Wounded Knee
    Vehicle:
    TRD-V6-SR5-06
  3. Apr 13, 2011 at 3:50 PM
    maju

maju Well-Known Member

Member:
    Davenport Fl
    Vehicle:
    2010 DC Silver TRD Sport 4x4
    Undercover tonneau, Scangauge II, Garmin GPS, Michelin LTX M/S2
    Sell it... $524 x 12 = $6288

4. Apr 13, 2011 at 4:06 PM
    hetkind

hetkind Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Howard
    Johnson City
    Vehicle:
    2011 SR5 Access Cab, white with Leer Cap
    bilstein set at 1.75, Racho 5000 rear with 4 leaf kit, floor mats, high lift jack, pull hook in hitch, bed rail corner braces, severe duty brake pads and devil horns on the grill....
    What is the truck worth today? When I bought my '11 Tacoma I traded a 07 Dodge Ram 1500 and my capital cost for 50 months of ownership was $158/month...what will be YOUR capital cost for the last 30 months, and the next 30 months?

Yea, I have a company car also, but it is ONLY for company use...My truck will sit for a week at a time in the parking lot...

Howard

5. Apr 13, 2011 at 4:06 PM
    Leggo

Leggo slow is smooth, and smooth is fast.

Member:
    First Name:
    Steve
    Newton,Ma.
    Vehicle:
    10 TRD Sport AC 4x4 MGM
    Kenwood HU,Infinity Kappa speakers (x4), Infinity reference tweeters(x2),10" Kicker sub, Box by Subthump, Infinty Five channel amp,DVD anytime bypass, DTRL Mod, Xtang trifecta, Fogs anytime Mod, Bed Mat,Westin running boards, Console vault, Maglite mod, Weathertechs,Autopage remote starter, Power tailgate lock, HID Bi Zenon, Hella Supertones,Rain guards,Rear leaf TSB,Steering shaft TSB, Fisher Homesteader plow, 886 reverse lights mod, Redline Hood struts, Hankook Dynapro ATM LT265/70R17, power sliding rear window, Auto dimming/on anytime Bed lights, Blue Sea fuse panel & 100amp Breaker, de- badged,Rear headrest's removed, imMrYo mirror relocation,Homeroshi grill
    you haven't lost a penny yet. if you sell ,you lost a ton.

6. Apr 13, 2011 at 4:24 PM
    Kingfrog

Kingfrog Well-Known Member

Member:
    Vehicle:
    08 TRD Rugged Trail Edition
    Undercover,Pop n Lock, Hardwired GPS, Garage door opener , Scanguage II, wireless back up camera, X994 Basslink, ...Prefer stock and non invasive functional mods

7. Apr 13, 2011 at 4:35 PM
    Kingfrog

Kingfrog Well-Known Member

Member:
    Vehicle:
    08 TRD Rugged Trail Edition
    Undercover,Pop n Lock, Hardwired GPS, Garage door opener , Scanguage II, wireless back up camera, X994 Basslink, ...Prefer stock and non invasive functional mods
    That is unreal....Wow. How did you manage a capcost of $158 a month for an 07?. If I can drive a vehicle for a cap cost of $200 a month after all is said and done. I am happy. I would have to keep my 08 for about four more years to get there assuming it will be worth $10K with 50k miles......

8. Apr 13, 2011 at 4:45 PM
    MurphMan

MurphMan Senility Rocks!

Member:
    First Name:
    Murph
    Maine
    Vehicle:
    '08 Tacoma TRD Sport
    * AFE Stage 2 XP CAI System * Westin Platinum Series Black Step Bars * TruXedo Lo Pro QT Soft Roll-Up Tonneau * Dee Zee Heavyweight Truck Bed Mat * WeatherTech Extreme-Duty Floor Liners * WeatherTech In-Channel Window Visors * Sony Xplod CDX-GT81UW Receiver * Sony Xplod 2-way speakers * Boss Audio BASS600 Amplified Subwoofer * Billet Grille Mod
    If you can sell it for more than you own, then dump it. At this point its a drag on your disposable income just sitting with no return value. Your money would better spent on an investment rather than a drain.

9. Apr 13, 2011 at 5:16 PM
    buckeyeguy

buckeyeguy Member

Member:
    Northeast Ohio
    Vehicle:
    08 PreRunner SR5
    1. Since you can't drive it after 9p you will most likely need to get another car. I'm not familliar with your personal situation, but if your girlfriend has something to do, or someplace to be after 9, your sunk unless you buy another vehicle.

2. I wouldn't make insurance a big factor in the decision (not that you have made any indication that it was). You will pay insurance for your truck or on a cheap car to get around in. One might be cheaper than the other, but probably not enough to fuss over.

3. What kind of financial dicipline do you have? If you were to sell the truck, are you the type of person that says, "Hey, I've got $X,XXX in my pocket. I've always wanted a new TV, maybe I'll go ahead and get it.". Or are you the type that figures, I now have $400+ more per month that I could stash in savings, or pay off something else, or invest. I have both types of friends and have seen it play out like this in the past. Not saying that one way is better than the other, but it is something to keep in mind if your intensions are to buy something later and are figuring you will save the money.

Some good points made so far. I find it interesting to see what input others have on some topics.

10. Apr 13, 2011 at 5:57 PM
    TacoGK

TacoGK Making changes is always fun

Member:
    First Name:
    Jack
    Florida
    Vehicle:
    2010 DC trd offroad sr5 debadged
    20% tint JLAudio amp and 12" sub, custom fiberglass tool box, Color matched Satoshi Grille, Anytime Fog light mod, Anytime rearview camera, Leveling kit, Rear spring TSB, Moto Metal MO957 Black, 285/70/17 BFG AT KO, DTRL Stealth mod, Anytime locker mod, Constant power mod.
    I guess I look at things a little differently than others. I am one of those people that does not like to borrow or loan things. I have a company phone that I use for business and emergencies but rarely use it for personel use. I personelly would keep my truck unless I was financialy burdened by having to pay for it. I would not want to feel endebted to someone else by using their vehicle for my personel use. I would use the work truck through the week and drive mine on the weekend or when ever I wanted too. The decision has ultimatly come down to you and what is best for you. I dont know your boss or what kind of relationship you have with him so I believe that will have to play a big part in how you decide on this situation. Best of luck to you on what ever path you decide to go down.

11. Apr 13, 2011 at 6:15 PM
    TacoDawgfan

TacoDawgfan Hunker Down You Hairy Dawg!

Member:
    First Name:
    Mike
    Georgia
    Vehicle:
    2011 Silver 4x4 TRD Sport w/JBL
    5100's at 1.75, Rear leaf TSB, Moto Metal 951 16x8, BFG TKO2 265/75/16, AFe Stage 2 CAI w/pro dry filter, Kenwood DDX374BT installed with Idatalink Maestro kit, Access Loredo tonneau cover, N-Fab steps, Tinted windows, EGR in channel vent visors, UGA drink coasters in the front cup holders, and a Graco car seat in the back seat
    There is a flip side to this if you are into modding and can afford it. Keep the truck and mod that thing out. I would love to lift mine and do some of the things I see on here, but with it being my DD and having a family it really isn't logical. If I were offered a co. car this is what I would want to do if I could afford to. But logically and financially selling would make the most sense.

Products Discussed in

To Top