1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Optics Opinions

Discussion in 'Guns & Hunting' started by Pugga, Sep 22, 2013.

1. Sep 24, 2013 at 6:50 AM
    Bagman

Bagman Dental Floss Tycoon

Member:
    Area 51
    Vehicle:
    2011 Double Cab V6 SR5 4x4
    N-fab steps, Dipped Emblems, Raceline Raptor Wheels, TonnoPro, Foglight Anytime mod, DTRL Delete mod, Differential Breather mod. Window tint, Satoshi
    I put a NC Star Pistolero scope on my Mosin using the same Brass Stacker mount you will be using. A very inexpensive scope that has held zero and held up to the recoil very well through hundreds of rounds. There are many favorable reviews on this scope and I believe the Brass Stacker web site recommends it. You need a pistol scope in order to have the correct eye relief. I think is was around $70 - 75 when I got mine. Good luck.

2. Sep 24, 2013 at 6:57 AM
    Pugga

Pugga [OP] Pasti-Dip Free 1983 - 2015... It was a good run

Member:
    First Name:
    Mike
    Massachusetts
    Vehicle:
    '13 Ford F-150 SCREW
    F-150 Mod
    Interesting, so a +1 for the NcStar. You're correct, Brass Stackers sells that scope on their website.

3. Sep 24, 2013 at 8:00 PM
    Murph

Murph ski-doo ride the best screw the rest!

Member:
    Co Springs
    Vehicle:
    2000 Extra Cab TRD O/R
    3" lift. American racing 15'' rims. 33x12.50 BFG A/T tires. tool box. ARB bumper, mile marker winch, kc highlights. No carpet inside sprayed with bed liner. Kicker door speakers. Alpine head unit.
    Simmons has made some serious improvements, and I love all my vortex scopes. Then again a nikon pro staff on sale is legit as well.

4. Sep 25, 2013 at 6:57 AM
    Bagman

Member:
    Area 51
    Vehicle:
    N-fab steps, Dipped Emblems, Raceline Raptor Wheels, TonnoPro, Foglight Anytime mod, DTRL Delete mod, Differential Breather mod. Window tint, Satoshi
    Here's a couple of pics of the NC Star on my rifle.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Now in the interest of full disclosure....I couldn't get the rifle on paper from 50 yards using the first Pistolero scope I bought. Having a few Nikon's on my other rifles I had never had this problem before. I called NC Star using the number published in the booklet that came with the scope. Told them my problem, they asked how I had the scope mounted - they were very familiar with the Brass Stacker mount - and told me to send it back for replacement. They sent me a new scope within the week that has worked perfectly. I was leery of buying an "inexpensive" scope but it's worked fine and their customer service was great.

Last edited: Sep 25, 2013
  5. Sep 25, 2013 at 7:02 AM
    Pugga

Member:
    First Name:
    Mike
    Massachusetts
    Vehicle:
    '13 Ford F-150 SCREW
    F-150 Mod
    That looks great! Thanks for the pictures and review. I've got a decision to make now...

I do like how Brass Stackers claims that the rear sight is still functional :laugh:

6. Sep 26, 2013 at 12:27 PM
    Bagman

Member:
    Area 51
    Vehicle:
    Be sure to put some Blue Loctite on the little bolts that hold the mount on. I didn't at first and they worked themselves loose at the first range session.

In a pinch you can use the iron sights after mounting the Brass Stacker. You'll see what I mean once you get yours on. Cheers!

7. Sep 26, 2013 at 3:59 PM
    Pugga

Member:
    First Name:
    Mike
    Massachusetts
    Vehicle:
    '13 Ford F-150 SCREW
    F-150 Mod
    Thanks for the tip, I appreciate the help :thumbsup:

To Top