1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Orange County CAF's: up to no good

Discussion in 'Southern California' started by Nicklovin, Apr 27, 2012.

1. Dec 13, 2016 at 6:50 PM
    HAVVOKK

HAVVOKK Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    John
    Vehicle:
    2014 DGAF Long Bed
    Fucking look it up
    So much yes!

eccracer104 likes this.
  2. Dec 13, 2016 at 6:51 PM
    HAVVOKK

Member:
    First Name:
    John
    Vehicle:
    2014 DGAF Long Bed
    Fucking look it up
    Haha I just put together a few words that sounded like I knew what I was talking about that's hilarious

YotaGurlIAm and MotoEd like this.
  3. Dec 13, 2016 at 6:52 PM
    Nicklovin

Nicklovin [OP] Mall Crawlin Through Life

Member:
    First Name:
    Nick
    Huntington Beach, CA
    Vehicle:
    00 The Tunda - 0̶4̶ P̶r̶e̶r̶u̶n̶n̶e̶r̶ - 0̶1̶ O̶v̶e̶r̶l̶a̶n̶d̶e̶r̶ - 07 FJ Mall Crawler Xtrme
    Tacoless
    Back you :deadhorse:, currently ponying up for something better. Buy once cry once you know :D

dtaco06[QUOTED] likes this.
  4. Dec 13, 2016 at 6:52 PM
    HAVVOKK

Member:
    First Name:
    John
    Vehicle:
    2014 DGAF Long Bed
    Fucking look it up
    That will be the day:jerkoff:

5. Dec 13, 2016 at 6:57 PM
    Nicklovin

Member:
    First Name:
    Nick
    Huntington Beach, CA
    Vehicle:
    00 The Tunda - 0̶4̶ P̶r̶e̶r̶u̶n̶n̶e̶r̶ - 0̶1̶ O̶v̶e̶r̶l̶a̶n̶d̶e̶r̶ - 07 FJ Mall Crawler Xtrme
    Tacoless
    Been keeping myself busy on the corners these days :cool:
    :rofl: that's hilarious

6. Dec 13, 2016 at 6:58 PM
    snowboard704

snowboard704 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Austin
    Jurupa Valley, CA
    Vehicle:
    03' 4x4 Tacoma
    Check Build thread
    Think it's just locker actuator.. no solenoid :boink:

7. Dec 13, 2016 at 7:01 PM
    Nicklovin

Member:
    First Name:
    Nick
    Huntington Beach, CA
    Vehicle:
    Tacoless
    All this talking on it makes me want the e locker more... Would definitely open up more options off road
    :notsure:

snowboard704[QUOTED] likes this.
  8. Dec 13, 2016 at 7:09 PM
    HAVVOKK

Member:
    First Name:
    John
    Vehicle:
    2014 DGAF Long Bed
    Fucking look it up
    Not really 4wd would open up more options locker helps in the 2wd trails but not really

uhplifted and dtaco06 like this.
  9. Dec 13, 2016 at 7:11 PM
    MotoEd

MotoEd Ed-MotoEd

Member:
    First Name:
    Ed
    Northern NV
    Vehicle:
    2005 Silver DCLB 4x4
    ARE Shell. Pelfreybilt front bumper. hi-clearance rear bumper w/swing out. Rigid light bar/fog lights/reverse lights. Pelfreybilt front skid. Home/hand made slidders. DR front coilovers. Camburg UCA. AllPro Expedition leaf pack w/u-bolt flip and Timbren bump stops. 285 70-17 on stock rims with Spider Trax wheel spacers. EBC slotted/drilled rotors with green pads.
    Pretty easy swap. Bleeding the brakes is the messy part. Forget about wiring it up. Make it a manual locker. Chilkat designs makes a kit to convert it to a manual push pull cable. No wires or electronics to fail.

Last edited: Dec 13, 2016
    itaro, Nicklovin[OP] and goblue82 like this.
  10. Dec 13, 2016 at 7:11 PM
    MotoEd

MotoEd Ed-MotoEd

Member:
    First Name:
    Ed
    Northern NV
    Vehicle:
    2005 Silver DCLB 4x4
    ARE Shell. Pelfreybilt front bumper. hi-clearance rear bumper w/swing out. Rigid light bar/fog lights/reverse lights. Pelfreybilt front skid. Home/hand made slidders. DR front coilovers. Camburg UCA. AllPro Expedition leaf pack w/u-bolt flip and Timbren bump stops. 285 70-17 on stock rims with Spider Trax wheel spacers. EBC slotted/drilled rotors with green pads.
    The swap is do-able for sure

11. Dec 13, 2016 at 7:12 PM
    HAVVOKK

Member:
    First Name:
    John
    Vehicle:
    2014 DGAF Long Bed
    Fucking look it up
    I think 2wd can go just as far as 2wd locked

12. Dec 13, 2016 at 7:15 PM
    snowboard704

snowboard704 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Austin
    Jurupa Valley, CA
    Vehicle:
    03' 4x4 Tacoma
    Check Build thread
    I've seen a few aired down locked 2wds do some pretty cool stuff

13. Dec 13, 2016 at 7:16 PM
    goblue82

goblue82 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    The Dude Abides
    Southern California
    Vehicle:
    Click muh sig
    Also a good set of off-road tires. I think @ODNAREM mentioned nick doesnt have off-road tires?

Anyway, @Nicklovin , buy the locker and we'll get you setup. All of us are down to help. You're probably better off going with a locker and legit lift than what its going to cost you to have a sex change from 2wd to 4.

ODNAREM, itaro, uhplifted and 2 others like this.
  14. Dec 13, 2016 at 7:20 PM
    digitaLbraVo

digitaLbraVo Derka Derka

Member:
    Covered in stickers and chrome stick-ons for extra horse torques and foot powers. Icon sticker gets me tons of travel, dozens of milimeters.
    Sounds like you have an issue with focus/output. Compensating by flashing them so you can see a "difference" isn't really a good way to solve that in my opinion.

15. Dec 13, 2016 at 7:26 PM
    WileECoyote

WileECoyote Well-Known Member

Member:
    SoCal
    Vehicle:
    1st Gen 4WD 2.7L RegCab
    Yaesu FT-1900R w/ 2m/70cm Comet SBB-224 antenna, Cobra 19 DX IV w/ 4ft Francis CB24 Hot Rod antenna, Uniden Bearcat BC355N 800Mhz mobile scanner (analog), an external BNC mount routed to inside the cab for a handheld fire/police scanner or HAM HT's, Rancho RS5000 front struts and rear shocks, 6in KC Daylighter (pencil beam), 15x7 Black Rock Wheels Series 942, 31x10.50R15 Firestone Destination AT, fog lights, COBRA antenna hood mount (this is used to mount the GoPro on to)
    What's up John!!! How have you been bro? :thumbsup::fistbump:

Nick, the best way is to simply just DO IT!!! Buy the "Haynes Manual" from Autozone, Pepboys, O'Reilly's, etc and just start reading the rotation of the tires section and/or spark plugs. EVEN IF you don't understand it at first, just READ it and then when you come to the brewery meets and such, you can ask questions. I mean, I started with my brakes first, LOL. I told my mom if I don't come back home within a few minutes, just follow the sirens, LOL!!! I started working on my own vehicle because my dad was paying for maintenance and was getting ripped when I found out!!! He could have easily done it himself, but at the time, I was pretty "prissy" about shi* and when I found out how much he was paying for "ME", I just couldn't let that shi* happen to my parents bro!!! So, I manned up in that sense and just F'N went to town to learn on my own. I even took an automotive class in high school and it was a F'N joke as they were using us as, more or less, cheap labor. They were getting rid of the dept!!! So, it made me learn that much more on my own.

Danny is right, just ASK BRO!!! You know I just live down the street from you, come over here and learn some things if you want? I'll show you one side of the truck like I did at the brewery, but now, without any distractions going on and it will be day light. This is up to you of course???!!! AND, NO F'N PHONE even though you say you're listening, that shi* won't fly in a true automotive lab environment because it is not only rude, but straight F'N dangerous!!! Just being real here bro!!! If you want to truly learn then you need to do just that!!! I know a few people back in the day that would have taken that phone out of your hand and thrown that shi*. If they're taking the time to teach you, you need to pay back that same respect bro!!! Just say'n. :notsure:

16. Dec 13, 2016 at 7:32 PM
    Nicklovin

Member:
    First Name:
    Nick
    Huntington Beach, CA
    Vehicle:
    Tacoless
    Yep, I'm a crazy motherf*cker.... :der::bananadance:.
    Pshhh I drive like a madman now, a locker would be clutch in a few spots for me. Gotten stuck a few times because of 1 wheel spin where I just couldn't get through fast enough where as a locker would be perfect :thumbsup:

I have off road tires, bfg all terrains. He probably mentioned my fronts are getting pretty close to replacement time.
    Pretty much the idea there, especially for the way I like to wheel. Locker & currently ponying up for some good fox shocks in the future

Ah dude that'd be legit, definitely appreciate yours & everyone else's help. .... I just gotta learn to ask more :anonymous:

17. Dec 13, 2016 at 7:34 PM
    digitaLbraVo

digitaLbraVo Derka Derka

Member:
    Covered in stickers and chrome stick-ons for extra horse torques and foot powers. Icon sticker gets me tons of travel, dozens of milimeters.
    Just make sure when you ask you're basically ready to go. The roast can be strong :rofl:

YotaGurlIAm, goblue82 and uhplifted like this.
  18. Dec 13, 2016 at 7:35 PM
    digitaLbraVo

digitaLbraVo Derka Derka

Member:
    Fixed CEL. Already out of that whole :rofl:

Nicklovin[QUOTED][OP] likes this.
  19. Dec 13, 2016 at 7:35 PM
    Nicklovin

Member:
    First Name:
    Nick
    Huntington Beach, CA
    Vehicle:
    Tacoless
    Posted my last comment & I the page loaded to the wall of randy :rofl:. Hahahaha hey man I was talking notes on my phone, would've done it on a note pad if I had it. I can forget things pretty quick hence my need of note taking :boink:. Appreciate it though Randy :thumbsup:

20. Dec 13, 2016 at 7:36 PM
    Ackrite

Ackrite Well-Known Member

Member:
    SoCal
    Vehicle:
    1985 Toyota Pickup 4x4 single cab
    In this day and age there's no excuse for not knowing how to do basic wrenching or upgrades on your vehicles. Most things do not require tight tolerances that would leave you stranded or injured if not done perfectly, and the internet is literally at your fingertips.

Look, TW is a great resource and full of great people, but I highly recommend you do some research at pirate4x4. Everything you can think of has been done there, and it's not full of the idiotic things that you find first time off-roaders asking about in the 3rd gen forum.

Products Discussed in

To Top