1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Orange County CAF's: up to no good

Discussion in 'Southern California' started by Nicklovin, Apr 27, 2012.

1. May 22, 2017 at 10:03 PM
    TXpro4X4

TXpro4X4 Fuck Cancer!

Member:
    First Name:
    Bryan
    Costa Mesa, CA
    Vehicle:
    2011 TOY
    Toy Stuff..... Faktor Amber lights on in the grill. Under front bumper led rock lighting. Center counsel c.b mod with under the hood p.a. Anytime foglight mod. R.G.B tape light for inside toekick lighting. Front and back. Front weathertech floor mats. De-Baged except TOY on tailgate. FJ style 6 speed shifter knob. Rubber tacoma bed mat. Trd exhaust. Trd 16in beadlocker style wheels. Electrical a/c 115volt plug/usb mod next to passenger knee. Fox 2.5 coilovers. Icon 2.0's in the rear. Rear locker any-time mod. Abs kill switch mod. All Pro ISF front skid Pelfrey built front differential skid Baja design pro pods Rigid pods CBI pods brackets Mobtown tailgate guard RIP Mobtown Caliraised rear amber pod lights CJ Jumper- map, running, amber fog, reverse, and license plate led bulbs Pedal Commander
    Skillz!
    After beers?

2. May 22, 2017 at 10:12 PM
    MonkeyProof

MonkeyProof Power Top

Member:
    SoCal- SGV
    My problem is that Im usualy out there by myself. One of my biggest fears is exactly what this dude encountered today. Suddenly coming up on a vehicle or a group that is armed and pointing at you.

Im always doing situational training using my tacoma when im in the desert..

I had this scenario setup as if was someone suddenly stopped their vehicle on the road to purposly block me and they got out being armed..
    20160716_162012.jpg

tcjacado, ODNAREM, deadhed61 and 4 others like this.
  3. May 22, 2017 at 10:13 PM
    SixthSnail

SixthSnail I have no idea what I'm doing

Member:
    First Name:
    Matt
    Los Angeles
    Vehicle:
    '14 Tacoma Sport
    See Build in Sig
    That's crazy. I like what he said about reaching speeds he didn't know the rig was capable of. I'm always interested in how much abuse my rig could take if I didn't care if I broke it. Obviously never want to be in that situation, but would be interesting.

I've heard too many stories like this not to carry when off roading. Another perk of mostly wheeling in AZ.

tcjacado, ODNAREM and MotoEd like this.
  4. May 22, 2017 at 10:13 PM
    TXpro4X4

TXpro4X4 Fuck Cancer!

Member:
    First Name:
    Bryan
    Costa Mesa, CA
    Vehicle:
    2011 TOY
    Toy Stuff..... Faktor Amber lights on in the grill. Under front bumper led rock lighting. Center counsel c.b mod with under the hood p.a. Anytime foglight mod. R.G.B tape light for inside toekick lighting. Front and back. Front weathertech floor mats. De-Baged except TOY on tailgate. FJ style 6 speed shifter knob. Rubber tacoma bed mat. Trd exhaust. Trd 16in beadlocker style wheels. Electrical a/c 115volt plug/usb mod next to passenger knee. Fox 2.5 coilovers. Icon 2.0's in the rear. Rear locker any-time mod. Abs kill switch mod. All Pro ISF front skid Pelfrey built front differential skid Baja design pro pods Rigid pods CBI pods brackets Mobtown tailgate guard RIP Mobtown Caliraised rear amber pod lights CJ Jumper- map, running, amber fog, reverse, and license plate led bulbs Pedal Commander
    Looks like some paintball shit :thumbsup:

5. May 22, 2017 at 10:17 PM
    SixthSnail

Member:
    First Name:
    Matt
    Los Angeles
    Vehicle:
    '14 Tacoma Sport
    See Build in Sig
    I was exploring above santa barbara one time and somebody had blocked our exit. We rode in, shot around, and on our way out, we saw this:

There is a wall to the left, and a cliff to the right. Also truck had a bullet hole in the back. Really creepy. We looked for the owner but found nobody. We were still off road 3 miles but they must have hiked out.

I pulled them out of the way.

They were still there a week later.

eccracer104 and TXpro4X4 like this.
  6. May 22, 2017 at 10:19 PM
    SixthSnail

Member:
    First Name:
    Matt
    Los Angeles
    Vehicle:
    '14 Tacoma Sport
    See Build in Sig
    On most dirt roads, I'm comfortable at around 50 that I won't break anything.

TXpro4X4 likes this.
  7. May 22, 2017 at 10:20 PM
    TXpro4X4

TXpro4X4 Fuck Cancer!

Member:
    First Name:
    Bryan
    Costa Mesa, CA
    Vehicle:
    2011 TOY
    Out of gas!?
    Or just a piece of shit? i wondering ?

8. May 22, 2017 at 10:20 PM
    TXpro4X4

TXpro4X4 Fuck Cancer!

Member:
    First Name:
    Bryan
    Costa Mesa, CA
    Vehicle:
    2011 TOY
    :anonymous:
    I do 15

9. May 22, 2017 at 10:21 PM
    SixthSnail

Member:
    First Name:
    Matt
    Los Angeles
    Vehicle:
    '14 Tacoma Sport
    See Build in Sig
    They apparently broke down. Annoying thing is we were on a hill. They could throw it in neutral and rolled down the hill backwards to a safe area away from the cliff and not block the road.

TXpro4X4[QUOTED] likes this.
  10. May 22, 2017 at 10:21 PM
    SixthSnail

Member:
    First Name:
    Matt
    Los Angeles
    Vehicle:
    '14 Tacoma Sport
    See Build in Sig
    I'll reassess when I swap to a single shock up front.

TXpro4X4[QUOTED] likes this.
  11. May 22, 2017 at 10:23 PM
    TXpro4X4

TXpro4X4 Fuck Cancer!

Member:
    First Name:
    Bryan
    Costa Mesa, CA
    Vehicle:
    2011 TOY
    No....shit edit but crs (can't remember shit :rasta: )kicked in.....! Lol

Ahh common sense

12. May 22, 2017 at 10:23 PM
    TXpro4X4

TXpro4X4 Fuck Cancer!

Member:
    First Name:
    Bryan
    Costa Mesa, CA
    Vehicle:
    2011 TOY
    :amen:

13. May 22, 2017 at 10:24 PM
    MonkeyProof

MonkeyProof Power Top

Member:
    SoCal- SGV
    Dude, wish it were paint balls. I accidently shot my cargo box and the handle to my 10lb Co2 tank that day. Had a brand new optic and wasnt used to the barrel distance from the lense:oops:. But its why its important to get out and train to improve and learn from the mistakes

20160909_151618.jpg
    20160909_151556.jpg

ODNAREM, itaro, dtaco06 and 3 others like this.
  14. May 22, 2017 at 10:26 PM
    MonkeyProof

MonkeyProof Power Top

Member:
    SoCal- SGV
    creepy for sure..every hair of mine would have been standing on end

TXpro4X4 likes this.
  15. May 22, 2017 at 10:27 PM
    TXpro4X4

TXpro4X4 Fuck Cancer!

Member:
    First Name:
    Bryan
    Costa Mesa, CA
    Vehicle:
    2011 TOY
    Oops. Ouch!

16. May 22, 2017 at 10:27 PM
    TXpro4X4

TXpro4X4 Fuck Cancer!

Member:
    First Name:
    Bryan
    Costa Mesa, CA
    Vehicle:
    2011 TOY
    Not if I had weapons ^

17. May 22, 2017 at 10:27 PM
    SixthSnail

Member:
    First Name:
    Matt
    Los Angeles
    Vehicle:
    '14 Tacoma Sport
    See Build in Sig
    Yeah it was creepy man. Especially because we thought we found a drug set up out in the forest earlier that day. Thought maybe they saw us looking and planned to trap us in.

18. May 22, 2017 at 10:28 PM
    tetten

tetten Cynical Twat Waffle

Member:
    First Name:
    Andy
    Socal
    LOL @MonkeyProof is more likely to shoot his own truck than a perpetrator in an emergency situation. :D

tcjacado, ODNAREM, sdsurfer and 3 others like this.
  19. May 22, 2017 at 10:28 PM
    SixthSnail

Member:
    First Name:
    Matt
    Los Angeles
    Vehicle:
    '14 Tacoma Sport
    See Build in Sig
    We did. Still hope not to use them

ODNAREM, TXpro4X4[QUOTED] and MotoEd like this.
  20. May 22, 2017 at 10:28 PM
    MonkeyProof

MonkeyProof Power Top

Member:
    SoCal- SGV
    not if they were out of gas and the motor not running, not brake booster if the motor isnt running.

TXpro4X4 likes this.

Products Discussed in

To Top