1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Orange County CAF's: up to no good

Discussion in 'Southern California' started by Nicklovin, Apr 27, 2012.

1. Dec 5, 2017 at 9:15 AM
    bigbarlo

bigbarlo The Church of @ODNAREM OC Chapter 80085

Member:
    First Name:
    Chan
    Laguna Beach
    Vehicle:
    06 AC OR PR/96 FJ80
    You may be right.

downhillbik3r[QUOTED] likes this.
  2. Dec 5, 2017 at 9:15 AM
    Jimmyboyblue

Jimmyboyblue Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Jimmy
    Baja California
    We have all done stupid shit but we didn’t sit back and brag about it ... shoot first and ask questions later .. friendly fire is bound to happen but cross that bridge when you get there

bigbarlo[QUOTED] and dtaco06 like this.
  3. Dec 5, 2017 at 9:16 AM
    Jimmyboyblue

Member:
    First Name:
    Jimmy
    Baja California
    Look at the tags in the pic. They knew exactly what they were doing but didn’t give a fuck trying to become IG famous

WileECoyote, bigbarlo, itaro and 2 others like this.
  4. Dec 5, 2017 at 9:17 AM
    YotaGurlIAm

YotaGurlIAm Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Madison
    Arizona
    Vehicle:
    2008 4.7L - wait..I’m on the wrong forum.
    Stuff n' Thangs
    I agree with chan..

Before you guys go ruining peoples working relationships and reputations how about you settle down, i understand your thirst for internet vengeance is strong...but. First of all Nicole WASN'T the one on top of that monument, and did it ever occur to y'all that TONS of people drive over that thing not knowing what the hell it is? (happens a lot, look it up) People see a pile of rocks and think it's an obstacle, that what we build these trucks to go over right...?
    If they knew it was a special monument then yes, I have nothing more to say, you just don't do shit like that to things like that.

I AGREE THAT ITS WRONG, but people do stupid shit sometimes and not realize it. Like chan said, trail etiquette needs to be taught better across all platforms. Maybe give them a chance to apologize and explain. Just don't see a reason to tag the decked guy to try to sabotage her. Thats low in my opinion

But also the douche that tagged a rock should be flamed. No excuse for that shit.
    /rant.

5. Dec 5, 2017 at 9:23 AM
    bigbarlo

Member:
    First Name:
    Chan
    Laguna Beach
    Vehicle:
    06 AC OR PR/96 FJ80
    I truly blame the old timers for not teaching better or at all. There had to be at least one old timer that saw the tagging. I guess times have changed but an ass chewing/beating would have occurred back in my day. PS “Stay off my lawn”

Last edited: Dec 5, 2017
  6. Dec 5, 2017 at 9:25 AM
    downhillbik3r

downhillbik3r Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    James
    Carson / Big Bear
    Vehicle:
    2016 2.7L 4x4 5spd
    Kings, 4.88's, ARB, +2 LT, DMZ SUA
    I agree with this. ^

But, although the person who posted the photo was not the one performing the action, sharing it and bragging about it more or less condones what was done.

WileECoyote, bigbarlo, itaro and 3 others like this.
  7. Dec 5, 2017 at 9:26 AM
    downhillbik3r

downhillbik3r Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    James
    Carson / Big Bear
    Vehicle:
    2016 2.7L 4x4 5spd
    Kings, 4.88's, ARB, +2 LT, DMZ SUA
    Yeah, there is a plaque, and usually an american flag on top of the monument.

8. Dec 5, 2017 at 9:27 AM
    YotaGurlIAm

Member:
    First Name:
    Madison
    Arizona
    Vehicle:
    Stuff n' Thangs
    Yeah i agree with you guys, I'm just saying were not positive they knew what it was. Also i've never been there so i don't know what it looks like really either. just my two cents

9. Dec 5, 2017 at 9:28 AM
    YotaGurlIAm

Member:
    First Name:
    Madison
    Arizona
    Vehicle:
    Stuff n' Thangs
    hmmm oh

10. Dec 5, 2017 at 9:30 AM
    TXpro4X4

TXpro4X4 Fuck Cancer!

Member:
    First Name:
    Bryan
    Costa Mesa, CA
    Vehicle:
    2011 TOY
    Toy Stuff..... Faktor Amber lights on in the grill. Under front bumper led rock lighting. Center counsel c.b mod with under the hood p.a. Anytime foglight mod. R.G.B tape light for inside toekick lighting. Front and back. Front weathertech floor mats. De-Baged except TOY on tailgate. FJ style 6 speed shifter knob. Rubber tacoma bed mat. Trd exhaust. Trd 16in beadlocker style wheels. Electrical a/c 115volt plug/usb mod next to passenger knee. Fox 2.5 coilovers. Icon 2.0's in the rear. Rear locker any-time mod. Abs kill switch mod. All Pro ISF front skid Pelfrey built front differential skid Baja design pro pods Rigid pods CBI pods brackets Mobtown tailgate guard RIP Mobtown Caliraised rear amber pod lights CJ Jumper- map, running, amber fog, reverse, and license plate led bulbs Pedal Commander
    There is no more Trail taught anymore dude these kids feel that they're entitled to going out and doing these things because they're people bought these things and I'm not saying all of them but that's usually where this attitude comes from.

People that work hard for their shit respect their stuff more and I have more respect for other things

WileECoyote, itaro, Drainbung and 3 others like this.
  11. Dec 5, 2017 at 9:30 AM
    Jimmyboyblue

Member:
    First Name:
    Jimmy
    Baja California
    I’ve never been there so that would look like a pile of rocks ... I’m sure if we went in a big group someone would have to know what it was. If there is a plaque than well ya that goes without saying

12. Dec 5, 2017 at 9:37 AM
    bigbarlo

Member:
    First Name:
    Chan
    Laguna Beach
    Vehicle:
    06 AC OR PR/96 FJ80
    I have an example to share. We all know the water crossing on Bee canyon. Seems innocent enough right? The water used to run underneath the road. I’ll dig out some photos to prove it. Now that people have chosen to go through the water instead of the road , the pipes have been severely clogged. No big deal it would seem. But in talking with my friends, it is a big deal. In spring that crossing rages and will probably cause costly road repairs which the county can’t afford. That may necessitate the closure of Bee Canyon. I have spoken about this to an old girlfriend of mine who lives up there and whose father is the head forest ranger. See, I was the one who should of spoken up about it.

13. Dec 5, 2017 at 9:42 AM
    TXpro4X4

TXpro4X4 Fuck Cancer!

Member:
    First Name:
    Bryan
    Costa Mesa, CA
    Vehicle:
    2011 TOY
    Toy Stuff..... Faktor Amber lights on in the grill. Under front bumper led rock lighting. Center counsel c.b mod with under the hood p.a. Anytime foglight mod. R.G.B tape light for inside toekick lighting. Front and back. Front weathertech floor mats. De-Baged except TOY on tailgate. FJ style 6 speed shifter knob. Rubber tacoma bed mat. Trd exhaust. Trd 16in beadlocker style wheels. Electrical a/c 115volt plug/usb mod next to passenger knee. Fox 2.5 coilovers. Icon 2.0's in the rear. Rear locker any-time mod. Abs kill switch mod. All Pro ISF front skid Pelfrey built front differential skid Baja design pro pods Rigid pods CBI pods brackets Mobtown tailgate guard RIP Mobtown Caliraised rear amber pod lights CJ Jumper- map, running, amber fog, reverse, and license plate led bulbs Pedal Commander
    I feel bad...i do not know the crossing.
    But know what you mean

WileECoyote likes this.
  14. Dec 5, 2017 at 9:42 AM
    eccracer104

eccracer104 O.G. Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Mike
    San Diego, CA
    Vehicle:
    2016 Tundra 4x4
    That makes me one of the dick heads whose driven through it. Had no idea there was a pipe, or a clogged pipe.

Can we fix it? So the trail won't be shut down.

YotaGurlIAm and TXpro4X4 like this.
  15. Dec 5, 2017 at 9:44 AM
    TXpro4X4

TXpro4X4 Fuck Cancer!

Member:
    First Name:
    Bryan
    Costa Mesa, CA
    Vehicle:
    2011 TOY
    Time and money my friend

WileECoyote likes this.
  16. Dec 5, 2017 at 9:44 AM
    uhplifted

uhplifted The Hopfather

Member:
    First Name:
    Brian
    Huntington Beach, CA
    Vehicle:
    16 DCLB OR
    Draino

Probably not though. Also probably not legal to work on it without some sort of approval.

WileECoyote and TXpro4X4 like this.
  17. Dec 5, 2017 at 9:45 AM
    TXpro4X4

TXpro4X4 Fuck Cancer!

Member:
    First Name:
    Bryan
    Costa Mesa, CA
    Vehicle:
    2011 TOY
    Correct.
    Best way to go about it would being donating money.
    You could try donating man-hours and Machinery but I doubt the government would take it they would just want money.

WileECoyote and dtaco06 like this.
  18. Dec 5, 2017 at 9:48 AM
    eccracer104

eccracer104 O.G. Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Mike
    San Diego, CA
    Vehicle:
    2016 Tundra 4x4
    It was my bad, didn't know it wasn't to be driven through. They eventually put a sign up (which has since been removed) and haven't driven through it since.

I don't even know what pipe there is.
    IMG_0166.jpg
    Here's the water crossing. It doesn't appear to have a pipe running anywhere. But there is, maybe we can dig it out. I have no clue!

19. Dec 5, 2017 at 9:49 AM
    uhplifted

uhplifted The Hopfather

Member:
    First Name:
    Brian
    Huntington Beach, CA
    Vehicle:
    16 DCLB OR
    Probably buried under there a few feet or so I'd imagine? I obviously have no idea. But that would be my best guess.

20. Dec 5, 2017 at 9:50 AM
    TXpro4X4

TXpro4X4 Fuck Cancer!

Member:
    First Name:
    Bryan
    Costa Mesa, CA
    Vehicle:
    2011 TOY
    You have to cross in this section? or where were you all are standing at in this pic is where you're supposed to be Crossing?

eccracer104[QUOTED] likes this.

Products Discussed in

To Top