1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Order Light Racing UCAs from Fat Bobs, soon

Discussion in '2nd Gen. Tacomas (2005-2015)' started by Outlaw, May 25, 2010.

1. May 25, 2010 at 12:39 PM
    Outlaw

Outlaw [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    Iowa City, Iowa
    Vehicle:
    '10 TRD SPORT Acc.Cab Mag Grey 4x4 Auto
    Weathertech floor liners, stone and bug deflector, Putco Element In Channel Window Visors, Viper remote starter, Harley lighted hitch cover, Herculeze front mudflap, Metal Miller Harley Grill Emblem, SockMonkey design Bedside Decals and 3rd Brake light TRD decal, K&N Air Filter, Goodyear Duratrac 265/70/17 C load, Valor Exhaust tip, De-badged tailgate, Advantage Tonneau Cover, Tacoma bedmat, Bicycle Mount Rail mounts, Custom Ipod holder. Stock Suspension :( (winter wheels: 2014 16" stock steel wheels plastidipped black with general arctics 265/75/16)
    I just called and ordered my Light Racing UCa's from Fat Bob's Garage.
    I asked how long the "special pricing" would continue, and they are saying only until middle of June, so just a couple weeks left.
    They list them on the website for $450 plus shipping, but that is the lowest they can advertise.
    If you call Fat Bob's Garage to place your order at 801.395.2134, they will give you the special pricing, which is around $xxx plus shipping. ( PM ME iF you want the price not supposed to publicly announce price)
    I went ahead and ordered them, and total cost was $xxx shipping included.
    Just wanted to give you all a heads up in case you are lifting or having alignment issues after lifting your Tacoma.
    I have OME 884s and OME shocks, and was hoping to avoid getting new UCA's with that set up, but after 2 alignments and though "caster was within spec", my camber was off so my front tires looked like this \ / . Because I didnt want to wear out my tires, I sacrificed caster(out of spec) to get better camber so my tires are more like | | . and with not enough caster the truck doesnt handle very well.

2. May 25, 2010 at 12:43 PM
    aficianado

aficianado Well-Known Member

Member:
    bay area, california
    Vehicle:
    2006 access cab. 4x4, TRD-OR
    back to bone stock.
    your camber was that bad? wow..i have the same stuff and my caster is cool. camber? not so cool.

good luck..that is a great price. i helped install a set. short of installing that BJ wrong side out, the job was cake.

3. May 25, 2010 at 12:53 PM
    Outlaw

Member:
    Iowa City, Iowa
    Vehicle:
    Weathertech floor liners, stone and bug deflector, Putco Element In Channel Window Visors, Viper remote starter, Harley lighted hitch cover, Herculeze front mudflap, Metal Miller Harley Grill Emblem, SockMonkey design Bedside Decals and 3rd Brake light TRD decal, K&N Air Filter, Goodyear Duratrac 265/70/17 C load, Valor Exhaust tip, De-badged tailgate, Advantage Tonneau Cover, Tacoma bedmat, Bicycle Mount Rail mounts, Custom Ipod holder. Stock Suspension :( (winter wheels: 2014 16" stock steel wheels plastidipped black with general arctics 265/75/16)
    My camber was pretty bad, but within spec. I could tell just by looking though.
    Here is after first alignment:Outlaw Tacoma 073.jpg

and here is after the second ( my choice was to sacrifice caster by getting better camber (so I wouldnt wear my tires prematurely)IMG_0187.jpg

4. May 25, 2010 at 12:55 PM
    aficianado

Member:
    bay area, california
    Vehicle:
    back to bone stock.
    i get it...you are going to love the new numbers.

i need to get UCA's too. i guess my tech made the same sacrifice.

5. May 25, 2010 at 1:01 PM
    Outlaw

Member:
    Iowa City, Iowa
    Vehicle:
    Yeah it just doesnt handle as well as it did when stock. Sort of wanders a bit. Not out of control wandering, but I want it to handle like its on rails.
    Sucks to have to spend the extra cash, but better to do it right!

6. May 25, 2010 at 1:04 PM
    225nontypical

225nontypical ????????????

Member:
    backwoods
    Vehicle:
    11 tundra DC TRD OffRoad
    bilstein 5100's weather tech floor mats katskinz leather heated seats
    outlaw i just did the same thing i also ordered mine for fat bobs. what a difference the new LR UCA's made. i am now at 0 toe 0 camber and 2.4 and 2.7 caster. the side are different for the crown in the road and the truck drives really smooth now.

i will tell you the alignment guys had a horrible time figuring out what a 5 year old could figure out. i ended up have to work with them and show them how to adjust the UCA's

if i were you when you install them set them at 0 or in other words with the flat side (it will have lettering on it) and the camber set 1/2 way. mine can out great set like that. after i got it back to that (that is where i had it set when i installed them) since the techs moved them and changed shit it was almost perfect and they were able to use just the adjustments on the truck.

let me know if you have any questions after 2 weeks of screwing with this i feel pretty knowledgeable about it:D

7. May 25, 2010 at 1:05 PM
    James3492

James3492 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    James
    EAST COUNTY
    Black-out Tail lights Painted Rims & Hood Scoop
  8. May 25, 2010 at 1:25 PM
    Outlaw

Member:
    Iowa City, Iowa
    Vehicle:
    I know you were getting pretty frustrated when you were chiming in on my previous threads about alignment problems. Damn, how many alignments did you do before you finally bought new UCA's?
    Just glad you figured it all out and are happy now!
    Thanks for the tips brother! I might have to get in touch with you when I get them in and am ready to install.
    Did you put them on yourself, and then took it in for the alignment?

9. May 25, 2010 at 1:30 PM
    Outlaw

Member:
    Iowa City, Iowa
    Vehicle:
    i edited my OP so the price doesnt show now.
    Feel free to PM for the price if you want to know or just call them!

10. May 25, 2010 at 1:51 PM
    aficianado

Member:
    bay area, california
    Vehicle:
    back to bone stock.
    225, your avatar is very distracting.

i googled your deer. amazing bro.

11. May 25, 2010 at 1:57 PM
    aficianado

Member:
    bay area, california
    Vehicle:
    back to bone stock.
    outlaw. how long ago did you do your lift?

my 884's seem to have settled a good bit. i think i can get my alignment shop to readjust for free. i think i may see if it helps. i think i only have 2" in front now. it has been about 2-3 months for me..and several thousand miles with plenty of offroading.

i want UCA's and they are easy enough to install..just curious.

12. May 25, 2010 at 2:17 PM
    225nontypical

Member:
    backwoods
    Vehicle:
    11 tundra DC TRD OffRoad
    yep i put them on in about 2 1/2 hours it is not hard to do. i had 2 alignment before i bought them and 5 after (thank god for life time alignments)!!!!!!!!!!!! now it is all good.

13. May 25, 2010 at 2:18 PM
    225nontypical

Member:
    backwoods
    Vehicle:
    11 tundra DC TRD OffRoad

sorry man i can change if you like LOL

14. May 25, 2010 at 2:42 PM
    Outlaw

Member:
    Iowa City, Iowa
    Vehicle:
    Its only been about a month and half.
    I called ARB ( OME ) and they said to give them 2,000- 3,000 miles, and they should settle and get back within spec.
    They are settling a bit now.
    Since I already took my truck back to change the alignment, they wont do it free again, but initially they said if I get new UCas they would do another alignment. ( i used my freebie up)
    i want 0* toe,0*camber, and 2.5* caster like it should be.
    So im doing it.
    i may add the 1/2 top plate to go up just a little too.

15. May 25, 2010 at 2:52 PM
    aficianado

Member:
    bay area, california
    Vehicle:
    back to bone stock.
    please keep us posted. thanks.

16. May 25, 2010 at 3:13 PM
    Outlaw

Member:
    Iowa City, Iowa
    Vehicle:
    thanks guys.
    i will keep posting as things progress.
    i will check with the alignment guys after i get my UCAs installed, but thinking I might take it to the dealer next time.
    Signing off the computer for today.
    Beer time!

17. May 25, 2010 at 4:16 PM
    BlueSteel

BlueSteel Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    James
    The Woodlands, TX
    Vehicle:
    09 Magnetic Grey Doublecab TRD Sport Debadged
    Camburg 4" Spindles, Icon CB 2.5 adjustables front and rear, Total Chaos Upper/Lower CAs, Alcan 5" Rear Leafs, Timbren Bumpstops, 5" SS Brakelines, 295/70/18 Nitto Trail Grapplers on 18" KMC Monsters, Grill Craft Black Mesh Upper, Predator Running Boards, All Pro Rear Bumper and Hitch, Wet Okole Covers, Toyota Roof Rack, Limo Tint, TRD CAI, TRD Exhaust, Weathertech Mats, Redline Hood Struts, Red Top Odyssey battery, BDF Light Bar, Foglight anytime Mod, Lo Pro QT Truxedo Tonneau cover, Rocky Mount Bike Pegs.
    Good Luck with the UCA's. I have the Light Racing and love them. I just have a pesky slight pull to the right that the dealer can't seem to fix.

18. May 28, 2010 at 11:01 AM
    Outlaw

Member:
    Iowa City, Iowa
    Vehicle:
    My UCAs were just delivered!!!
    Ordered Tuesday, delivered today Friday!
    Im pretty stoked about this !!!!

19. Jul 23, 2010 at 7:21 PM
    vicstacoma

vicstacoma Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Victor
    Santa Maria, CA
    Vehicle:
    2000 Sr5 4x4
    Air raid cold air intake, procomp 7089 16x8 wheels, bf goodrich all terrain ko 265/75r16. Toytec 3" lift kit. Power slot rotors with posiquiet ceramics pads. Diff breather mod. LR Upper Control Arms.
    I just ordered mine a couple days ago and just waiting for them to arrive. So it seems like many people had problems with the alignment...????? Is it that hard for alignment techs to figure out how to adjust and align properly.. that kind of scares me I hope they don't really mess my alignment up once i install the UCA's. I'm scared to take my truck in for alignments I have had many bad experiences and I hope I don't have another one.

20. Jul 23, 2010 at 7:57 PM
    toku58

toku58 Well-Known Member

Member:
    HAWAII
    Vehicle:
    4x4 Beast!
    6" Fabtech Stage II, 17x9" Centerline Eclipse rims, with 12.5x35x17" BFG KM2's. On board air system,Toyota skid plate, spidertrax wheel spacers, TRD CAI w/AFE ProDry filter (21-90045),Flowmaster Dual exhaust, GrillCraft grill w/custom emblem, Custom Shifter, BushWacker fender flares, Hood struts, Underhood lights, TW driveshaft, Wet Okole seat covers, Dashlight mod, Many other little things to make the truck complete!
    It's not rocket science. They come with a very basic set of setting points. but look at them and they are sort of self explanatory.
    They add + or - caster depending on which way you rotate them.:D

To Top