1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Ordered replacement OEM headlights...piece broken.

Discussion in '2nd Gen. Tacomas (2005-2015)' started by PinkTaco24, Jan 26, 2012.

1. Jan 26, 2012 at 7:11 PM
    PinkTaco24

PinkTaco24 [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    NC
    Vehicle:
    06 prerunner
    5100s all around -- 1.75 fronts, 1.5 aal, spidertraxs, grillcraft mx, derped scoop & badges, AVID step bars....need.more.money.
    I ordered a set of replacement OEM headlights. Got them in the mail just the other day and when I opened them up, I noticed a small piece of the gray plastic (part of the clip area) that surrounds the casing was broken. Not a large piece, but still a broken piece. Is this a big deal? I had planned to replace both my headlights this weekend w/ the new ones, but now I'm wondering if I should send the new ones back. Please help a sista out! And please keep in mind that I am pretty challanged when it comes to techy talk....dumb it down please. :D

2. Jan 26, 2012 at 7:16 PM
    jandrews

jandrews Hootin' and Hollerin'

Member:
    Vehicle:
    '09 FourDubDee TRD OR
    A-TRUCK, Fat Kid in the Bed, Custom Pinstriping, Ported and Polished Muffler Bearing, Hi-Performance Bed Mat
    I am willing to help fellow Norf Cackalackians.

Does it affect the function of the headlight? Pictures would be helpful, but please make sure the headlight isn't making a duckface.

3. Jan 26, 2012 at 7:19 PM
    oldtacomaguy

oldtacomaguy four forty four

Member:
    First Name:
    Dave
    SE Conn.
    Vehicle:
    08 SR-5 4WD Impulse Red Pearl
    Alpine deck and amp, Polk speakers front and rear, Kenwood subwoofer, windows tinted to 20%, Sockmonkey decals, TSB, Eibach springs and Bilstein 5100's
    Could you possibly post up a picture? The bottom lowest tab, the one that goes at a right angle to the headlight, wont really matter when you install the new lights. Most people who replace the lights don't bother to put that screw bacause it is kind of tough to get at. I think if it were me, I'd probably send them back, you probably paid a lot for them.

4. Jan 26, 2012 at 7:26 PM
    PinkTaco24

PinkTaco24 [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    NC
    Vehicle:
    06 prerunner
    5100s all around -- 1.75 fronts, 1.5 aal, spidertraxs, grillcraft mx, derped scoop & badges, AVID step bars....need.more.money.
    Well, what blows even more is that I just opened both of them and one is the regular OEM while the other is a BHLM one. Looks like I'll be making a phone call tomorrow. The BHLM looks pretty sweet, but I've heard so much bad stuff on here about fogging, etc.

Products Discussed in

To Top