1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Oregon and Washington BS thread

Discussion in 'North West' started by Bobert14, Dec 22, 2010.

1. May 29, 2017 at 10:53 PM
    windsor

windsor Just a guy

Member:
    First Name:
    Chris
    Homeless in Oregon
    Vehicle:
    2008 Tacoma Super Duty aka Tundra
    Canopy, fitted seat covers, OBA with self leveling air bags, 100w solar, dual Rhino Rack Pioneer platforms, side & rear LED work/FU lights, CB, cell booster. 7x16 cargo conversion, 3" lift, 7'x6.5' fold down aluminum rear deck.
    I have one original seam that peeled, and a little bit of body damage that had bondo on it when I bought the car. I've since ripped the bondo off and plan to lead the seam and a couple other spots, then either lead or use "lead free" metal filler from Eastwood for the body damage and to smooth the repairs I made where the PO added turn signals to the front fenders.

2. May 30, 2017 at 8:30 AM
    Bobert14

Bobert14 [OP] .

Member:
    After this, I'm always paying someone else to do paint. I just didn't want to spend to much on it though. I fully plan on bouncing this thing off boulders and flopping it.

Definitely best to wait on higher end paint job until you've done all that work haha. Lots of chances to scratch things up. Rattle can is good enough for a few years and keeps the rust off.

3. May 31, 2017 at 3:36 PM
    04LTtacoma

04LTtacoma Well-Known Member

Member:
    Oregon

Is this group deal still going on or?

scollins likes this.
  4. May 31, 2017 at 4:22 PM
    Captain Taco

Captain Taco RipCity

Member:
    First Name:
    Rob
    Portland
    Vehicle:
    2013 Black Tacoma Sport
    3" Lift, Krank Fuel Wheels, TRD Pro Grill, Curved Roof LED Light Bar
    Yes sir!

5. May 31, 2017 at 6:15 PM
    Bennett707

Bennett707 Station707

Member:
    Oregon
    Vehicle:
    No more taco life for me
    not for you

traitor

Benzdriver81 and JayMac like this.
  6. May 31, 2017 at 8:25 PM
    TexMeg89

TexMeg89 Well-Known Member

Member:
    Seattle
    Vehicle:
    2017 Barcelona Red Tacoma TRD Off-Road
    Hello all!

Newb here, just wanted to pop in and say hello in the local BS thread.

Haven't explored the forum thouroughly yet, but do y'all ever get together for meets?

JayMac likes this.
  7. May 31, 2017 at 8:36 PM
    JayMac

JayMac I'm not bad... I'm just drawn that way.

Member:
    First Name:
    Jessica
    Oregon
    Vehicle:
    2007 DCLBFTMFW
    There are definitely groups of us who get together regularly! Where are you located?

8. May 31, 2017 at 9:00 PM
    TexMeg89

Member:
    Seattle
    Vehicle:
    Seattle :)

9. May 31, 2017 at 9:12 PM
    JayMac

Member:
    First Name:
    Jessica
    Oregon
    Vehicle:
    2007 DCLBFTMFW
    Sweet! There are definitely some North End Taco drivers on here, but I am not one of them. Strangely enough, I fell in with the Oregon boys (and girls) and drive back and forth a lot. Just keep an eye on this thread and the PNWE Expedition thread and you'll definitely see when people are going on runs or planning trips.

Also, don't be afraid to jump into conversations in the forums! That was the best thing that I did. Particularly the bs threads.... definitely a great way to meet people in the forums. Hit up @ChadsPride's build & bs thread and say hey sometime!

TexMeg89[QUOTED] likes this.
  10. May 31, 2017 at 9:14 PM
    TexMeg89

Member:
    Seattle
    Vehicle:
    Awesome, thank you! Will have to poke around some more on a computer tomorrow. Little hard to navigate on the 'ole cellular device! :p

JayMac[QUOTED] likes this.
  11. May 31, 2017 at 9:16 PM
    JayMac

Member:
    First Name:
    Jessica
    Oregon
    Vehicle:
    2007 DCLBFTMFW
    That's what I thought at first, too... but then nothing could keep me away from my TW addiction.... :rofl:

TexMeg89[QUOTED] likes this.
  12. Jun 1, 2017 at 9:35 AM
    orezona

orezona title unspecified

Member:
    satan's skillet
    Vehicle:
    2006 TRD OR DCSB OMGWTFBBQ TL;DR
    WARRANTY VOIDED
    One of the areas I'm thinking about in Lincoln County is back around the Siletz area, somewhere off the Siletz Hwy.

The beach is honestly going to be a complete clusterfuck that whole weekend so while I'm thinking of going into Newport for maybe one night to see what kind of shenanigans I can get into, I'd rather be camping Sunday night and well away from the ginormous influx of assholes in/around the Newport/Lincoln City area. That weekend is going to make the Seafood and Wine Festival look like a 4H gathering for how many fools that will be in town...!

My dad worked telecomm for 40 years and spent a long time working with Clackamas Communications/Day Wireless doing radio/tower work all over on the Coast.
    There are some epic spots on top of some of the mountains around there but they are typically gated and the local LEOs are going to be keeping an eye on anything accessible from the major roads.
    My ultimate dream would have been to get the gate code for Otter Crest and be up there (it's amazing because you can see everything from up there!) but that weekend is going to be sketch unless you park and hike in, and as far as I'm concerned, f' that noise.

13. Jun 1, 2017 at 10:02 AM
    penguins_cc

penguins_cc Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Will
    Bellevue, WA
    Vehicle:
    Timberland Mica Limo!
    Perkins Performance Sliders, Warn 9000, Brute Force Fab front & rear bumper, OME/Dakar lift, full ATO skids and hi-lift mount, satoshi, Wet Okoles, illuminated 4x4 switch, Diff Breather.
    ^^^ lol that's my morning entertainment right there. Do you think it's still worth my time to scout that area off the Siletz Hwy? I'd hate to scout something that'll be gated later or go there only to find all the access points are gated. Do you think we should check out areas a little further east? I'm looking at the clear-cut areas north of Moonshine Park.

14. Jun 1, 2017 at 10:25 AM
    orezona

Member:
    satan's skillet
    Vehicle:
    WARRANTY VOIDED
    As long as there isn't a gate, anywhere along the logging roads in that area is fair game. The gates are usually closed and locked because they lead up to radio sites but sometimes if there's an active logging operation they'll be open but it's pretty obvious when you've got bigass tree haulers on the roads.

The Siletz River north of Moonshine IS my old stomping grounds, LOL! I spent pretty much every weekend there Junior/Senior year in high school.
    You're looking at the Siuslaw National Forest rd, right? The "Powderhouse Hole/Lower Gorge" spot is an epic swimming hole.

That area could be good but I'd want to put some distance between myself and Moonshine Park because that is guaranteed to be fully booked and the overspill will probably have a lot of people in the near vicinity.
    My buddy lives in Toledo who I'll be staying with so I'm going to bug him since I know he's done a lot of fishing up in that area and may know some other spots. I'll keep ya posted though.

penguins_cc[QUOTED] likes this.
  15. Jun 1, 2017 at 10:34 AM
    penguins_cc

penguins_cc Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Will
    Bellevue, WA
    Vehicle:
    Timberland Mica Limo!
    Perkins Performance Sliders, Warn 9000, Brute Force Fab front & rear bumper, OME/Dakar lift, full ATO skids and hi-lift mount, satoshi, Wet Okoles, illuminated 4x4 switch, Diff Breather.
    Sounds good. Definitely want to stay away from the logging roads with Acura Integras camped out. I'm going try and run through the area in mid-June to get familiar. Will likewise keep you posted. @JDAM @Greddy

16. Jun 1, 2017 at 12:21 PM
    orezona

Member:
    satan's skillet
    Vehicle:
    WARRANTY VOIDED
    My buddy just texted me and said Warehauser just bought all the land around Cedar Creek and the gate at Wildcat will almost for sure be closed that weekend.
    Take a look at the land West of Siletz...

penguins_cc likes this.
  17. Jun 1, 2017 at 1:00 PM
    Yetimetchkangmi

Yetimetchkangmi Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Benjamin
    Newcastle, WA
    Vehicle:
    03 Tacoma 4x4 The Yeti
    ARB front locker, Custom high clearance rear bumper, Custom plate front bumper, mile marker winch PE8, safari snorkel, Deck Plate Mod Fox 2.5 rr DSC, Camburg UCA, squeaky Dakar leafs, 5125 10" and custom 7.5" shackles, thee finest PNW pinstripes, MT-R, Nissan crew cab roof rack??? wtf is that about??? Allpro skids, Rigid duallys President McKinley CB with PA Recaro SRD with Wedge Engineering Morimoto retrofits Champion Rad - Failed Tundra brakes
    <cough> <cough>

18. Jun 2, 2017 at 5:52 PM
    04LTtacoma

04LTtacoma Well-Known Member

Member:
    Oregon
    Fuck you. xD

Benzdriver81 likes this.
  19. Jun 2, 2017 at 9:00 PM
    Mitch

Mitch Somebody call for a Wambulance?

Member:
    First Name:
    Mitch
    Spokane, WA
    Vehicle:
    2007 Access Cab SR5 4x4
    Lights, Siren, Drugs, Needles, Electricity
    Almost got rid of the Tacoma over the weekend. I've been looking at the new F150

bobsuruncle likes this.
  20. Jun 3, 2017 at 10:18 AM
    bobsuruncle

bobsuruncle I void warranties

Member:
    First Name:
    Bob
    back back to Fall City Fall City, WA
    Vehicle:
    06 TRD OR DCSB
    ARB bull bumper, warn 9000 with synthetic rope, icon CO's & 700lb coils, road armor rear bumper, dakars + Archive Garage shackle flip.
    I've been looking at the f150 also. My dad has a 2016 super crew with 3.5L NA. The interior is pretty decent, and creature comforts are nice. I'd be more inclined to get the 5.0 over the NA or Ecoboost 3.5/2.7.

Products Discussed in

To Top