1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Oregon and Washington BS thread

Discussion in 'North West' started by Bobert14, Dec 22, 2010.

1. Dec 7, 2019 at 7:44 PM
    El Duderino

El Duderino Obviously, you're not a golfer.

Member:
    First Name:
    Jeremy
    HI->PNW
    Vehicle:
    16 MGM Sport 4x4 DCSB & 19 nautical blue SR5 premium 4x4
    Stuff, things, this, an ADS
  2. Dec 8, 2019 at 10:00 PM
    rlx02

rlx02 ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Member:
    Western WA
    Vehicle:
    2017 Inferno DCSB TRD OR 4x4
    Any specific reason for OR aside that housing is more affordable? You're also paying income tax there. Which is why sole reason why vancouver exists lol. You can still find some decently priced houses there with property.

3. Dec 8, 2019 at 11:27 PM
    andesite

andesite creeper

Member:
    First Name:
    Brian
    Mosier, Oregon
    Vehicle:
    2.7L 5MT 2011 ACLB
    2.5” Radflo coilovers | Demello armor
    I always enjoy driving thru Sandy. A really nice town!

If I was a longtime resident of rural Damascus, I’d imagine watching the suburban sprawl coming down the hill from Happy Valley was like watching lava flowing from Kilauea towards your village.

4. Dec 8, 2019 at 11:38 PM
    El Duderino

Member:
    First Name:
    Jeremy
    HI->PNW
    Vehicle:
    We still have to look around a bit and get to know the area. My wife just really liked the areas that we mentioned. She also liked west linn and lake Oswego but there’s no way I can live there.
    Yes that’s exactly what I said to here about the urban sprawl. My good friend lives in the Hawthorne Ridge subdivision and Damascus is right outside his Portland neighborhood. Sandy seems more like the place we want to be

5. Dec 9, 2019 at 12:38 AM
    andesite

andesite creeper

Member:
    First Name:
    Brian
    Mosier, Oregon
    Vehicle:
    2.7L 5MT 2011 ACLB
    2.5” Radflo coilovers | Demello armor
    You've got plenty of people giving their two cents, so I’m gonna go pound sand.. but one more question first...

Have you looked into Canby? Nice area. Not as cool as Sandy, but friendly and just big enough to have the necessities. West Linn and Oregon City are only a few minutes north.

6. Dec 9, 2019 at 8:21 AM
    El Duderino

Member:
    First Name:
    Jeremy
    HI->PNW
    Vehicle:
    Regardless of where I live, I won’t be living in Multnomah County lol.
    We looked there, wife didn’t like it regretfully. She kept saying the the Japanese school she wants our kid to attend was a far drive. I have no clue clue where the school is, I think it’s south East Portland. I’m letting her pick the area cause I get to pick the house. So I’m just going with the flow.

ST77 and .劉煒 like this.
  7. Dec 9, 2019 at 3:00 PM
    .劉煒

.劉煒 Well-Known Member

Member:
    Vehicle:
    2016 Inferno DCSBTRDORMT
    You can always join us down here in Salem. :p

PNWTacoma likes this.
  8. Dec 9, 2019 at 3:08 PM
    El Duderino

Member:
    First Name:
    Jeremy
    HI->PNW
    Vehicle:
    Witches man

bobsuruncle likes this.
  9. Dec 9, 2019 at 4:32 PM
    loudboy

loudboy Well-Known Member

Member:
    Portland, OR
    Vehicle:
    '04 4x4 TRD Off-Road Limited
    All-Pro lift, Addicted tube bumper, Revenge sliders, stuff and crap
    Aint no polar-rollers in Salem!

.劉煒[QUOTED] likes this.
  10. Dec 9, 2019 at 5:11 PM
    .劉煒

.劉煒 Well-Known Member

Member:
    Vehicle:
    2016 Inferno DCSBTRDORMT
    Troof. But State's got a few things down here for ICS literate peeps. Or it's closer to PDX than you think (about an hour in good traffic)... or roughly the same as Tacoma <> Seattle in meh traffic.

11. Dec 9, 2019 at 7:33 PM
    White lightning boosted

White lightning boosted Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Jesse
    Poulsbo
    Vehicle:
    15' DCSB OR S/C
    Lift, pedal commander, led foglights, led interior lights, led back ups, led under lighting, urd tcai, led headlights, methanol injection, 76mm tb, hood struts, dif breather mod, ratiotek trans kit, x-series gauges, true cool trans cooler, belt wrap mod, 2.8 pulley
    hey guys, i have an ongoing driveline vibe issue.
    had a block lift, then switched to deaver springs, archive hangers, and an 8.4 with 4:10's and a trutrac. sweet! then i had mid travel kings installed. vibe issues. driveline tuned at drivelines northwest, vibes. bought a digial angle finder, measured, thought i was only 2* out and installed 2* shims. VIBES, still. bought a tracbar soon to be installed by my man @JimSnell . need feedback. do i get the angle perfect before tracbar install?? i totally trust jim to do ace work as he has for me many times. but we are both treading new ground as i mod fast and aggressive. any help or guidance would be fantastic. currently i think im within 1* but have bad vibes 0-20mph. slight after that.

12. Dec 9, 2019 at 9:48 PM
    JimSnell

JimSnell Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Jim
    Puyallup
    Vehicle:
    2015 White Tacoma TRD Sport DCSB
    I think you have two options.... Take out the batteries, or turn it off. :anonymous::anonymous::anonymous::anonymous::anonymous::duh:

13. Dec 12, 2019 at 10:04 PM
    windsor

windsor Just a guy

Member:
    First Name:
    Chris
    Homeless in Oregon
    Vehicle:
    2008 Tacoma Super Duty aka Tundra
    Canopy, fitted seat covers, OBA with self leveling air bags, 100w solar, dual Rhino Rack Pioneer platforms, side & rear LED work/FU lights, CB, cell booster. 7x16 cargo conversion, 3" lift, 7'x6.5' fold down aluminum rear deck.
    Got another cortisone shot in my knee today. Holy crap, that needle was huge with no anesthetizing. Puncture wound is about 1/16" long.
    Also gave me a shiny new walking stick.
    20191212_213423.jpg

14. Dec 12, 2019 at 11:14 PM
    bobsuruncle

bobsuruncle I void warranties

Member:
    First Name:
    Bob
    back back to Fall City Fall City, WA
    Vehicle:
    06 TRD OR DCSB
    ARB bull bumper, warn 9000 with synthetic rope, icon CO's & 700lb coils, road armor rear bumper, dakars + Archive Garage shackle flip.
    Honestly, a Trac bar is just a bandaid to vibrations and doesn't solve the real issue. If you're having wicked axle wrap, then a Trac bar would be beneficial. Where are you feeling the vibrations? Steering wheel? The seat? At certain speeds or rpms? Are you still running the 2 piece drive shaft or did DLNW set you up with a one piece? Did they phase the drive shaft correctly? Have you tried different wheels or tires? Sounds like you've changed everything but the wheels and tires. If the wheels and tires are the only thing that stayed the same, I'd try to rule those out by running a different set to see if anything changes.

15. Dec 13, 2019 at 8:44 AM
    Yetimetchkangmi

Yetimetchkangmi Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Benjamin
    Newcastle, WA
    Vehicle:
    03 Tacoma 4x4 The Yeti
    ARB front locker, Custom high clearance rear bumper, Custom plate front bumper, mile marker winch PE8, safari snorkel, Deck Plate Mod Fox 2.5 rr DSC, Camburg UCA, squeaky Dakar leafs, 5125 10" and custom 7.5" shackles, thee finest PNW pinstripes, MT-R, Nissan crew cab roof rack??? wtf is that about??? Allpro skids, Rigid duallys President McKinley CB with PA Recaro SRD with Wedge Engineering Morimoto retrofits Champion Rad - Failed Tundra brakes
    I didn't see U-joint or carrier bearing in that list.
    I replaced my carrier bearing with the Inner Empire one that is poly, not the OEM rubber one that cracks.
    Also, when replacing the carrier bearing, I was diligent on making sure the phase was correct by using my daughter's Hello Kitty pink finger nail polish to mark alignment lines. Once installed, the squealing of the u-joint was clear as were the vibrations.
    The 3rd member u-joint at the pinion was bad....ovaled… blocked... yeah.

bobsuruncle[QUOTED] likes this.
  16. Dec 13, 2019 at 8:47 AM
    Yetimetchkangmi

Member:
    First Name:
    Benjamin
    Newcastle, WA
    Vehicle:
    03 Tacoma 4x4 The Yeti
    ARB front locker, Custom high clearance rear bumper, Custom plate front bumper, mile marker winch PE8, safari snorkel, Deck Plate Mod Fox 2.5 rr DSC, Camburg UCA, squeaky Dakar leafs, 5125 10" and custom 7.5" shackles, thee finest PNW pinstripes, MT-R, Nissan crew cab roof rack??? wtf is that about??? Allpro skids, Rigid duallys President McKinley CB with PA Recaro SRD with Wedge Engineering Morimoto retrofits Champion Rad - Failed Tundra brakes
    This carrier bearing

IEDLS

bobsuruncle likes this.
  17. Dec 13, 2019 at 12:20 PM
    bobsuruncle

Member:
    First Name:
    Bob
    Vehicle:
    06 TRD OR DCSB
    ARB bull bumper, warn 9000 with synthetic rope, icon CO's & 700lb coils, road armor rear bumper, dakars + Archive Garage shackle flip.
    That would have been next on my list of amateur diagnostics depending on if he's one piece or 2. Also if the carrier itself has been shimmed.
    Do you know how long I've been trying to buy a poly carrier??!!!!!? :goingcrazy: so long that I gave up. I've read several threads on them but all links dead ended. :bananadead:

Do the 1st and 2nd gen share the same CB?

:bowdown:

I'd like to think if he had dlnw build one for him they used new and quality ujoints so I'd hope they are good. Ujoints can be deceiving some times. They look good from the outside since the caps can be fine, but the needle bearings and shit housed. You don't know until you remove it.

18. Dec 13, 2019 at 1:53 PM
    Yetimetchkangmi

Member:
    First Name:
    Benjamin
    Newcastle, WA
    Vehicle:
    03 Tacoma 4x4 The Yeti
    the links are dead but the website should be active = here

19. Dec 13, 2019 at 9:20 PM
    Digiratus

Digiratus Adventurer

Member:
    First Name:
    Mike
    Roaming the PNW
    Vehicle:
    The RedHead
    2002 XtraCab TRD 4x4 SCv6 AutoTrans With Lots of Mods ADS COs w/Compression Adjusters Camburg Uniball UCAs Whiteline Lower Control Arm Bushings Kartek 7" Limit Straps Plastics Guy Front Bumpstops Custom Alcan Springs +800 lbs +3" ADS 10" Stroke Triple Bypass w/Resi Rear Shocks Custom Rear Shock Relocate All-Pro U-bolt Flip w/Timbren Bumpstops 4.88 Nitro Gears ARB Front Locker ARB Twin Compressor Black 17x8 Konig Countersteer Type X 285/70r17 Falken A/T3w Gunmetal 16x8 SCS Ray10s 255/85r16 Maxxis Bighorns Limited Edition (Relentless) Elite Front Bumper Smittybilt X2O 10K Winch Diode Dynamics SS3 Sport Selective Yellow Fog Lights in the Bumper Diode Dynamics SS3 Pro 4,000 Kelvin SAE Driving Lights with Clear Lenses on the Bumper Morimoto D2S Projectors XB35 Ballasts + 4300K Bulbs Badland Sliders FrankenFab Tire Carrier Swingout bumper w/kitchen BudBuilt Front & Bellypan Skids BAMF Rear Diff Skid Dometic CFX 55im Fridge/Freezer Alpha II Hardshell RTT Badland Custom Bed Rack Denso 210-0461 105 amp alternator Dual Northstar 24F AGM batteries BlueSea 7622 ML-ACR Battery controller Peak DBI Dual Battery Voltage Monitor Magnuson MP62 Supercharger w/2.37" Pulley Haltech Elite 2000 Standalone ECU Denso 650cc Fuel Injectors Doug Thorley Headers Aeromotive Stealth 340 Fuel Pump TransGo A340F Reprogramming Shift Kit Magnaflow Hi-Flow CAT, Magnaflow 18" Muffler w/Vibrant Resonator 13WL Brake Calipers Braided Steel Brake Lines ScanGauge II OBDII Scanner Kenwood TM-71A Dual Band Ham Radio Larson 70CM/2M Antenna Uniden 520xl CB radio 3' Firestik Adjustable tip antenna Pioneer DEH-P9400BH HU Alpine Amps & Type R components (F) and coaxials (R) Wet Okole Seat Covers Weathertech Digital Liners Deck Plate Mod 1" Diff Drop Carrier Bearing Drop
    Bob, buy mine! It's from the original IEDLS group buy. I never did anything with it. Still have it, still in the box.

20. Dec 13, 2019 at 10:58 PM
    bobsuruncle

Member:
    First Name:
    Bob
    Vehicle:
    06 TRD OR DCSB
    Pm incoming

Digiratus[QUOTED] likes this.

Products Discussed in

To Top