1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Oregon Apartment Complex Bans Flying the American Flag

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Discussion' started by Packman73, Oct 14, 2009.

1. Oct 14, 2009 at 5:54 PM
    bobwilson1977

bobwilson1977 Well-Known Member

Member:
    KaliFORN-I-A
    Vehicle:
    96 Tacoma 2WD ( pizza delivery model)
    none except for crappy hub caps and floor mats.
    Why are they going to get worse?

2. Oct 14, 2009 at 5:54 PM
    magikbean562

magikbean562 once flirted with danger, danger got clingy

Member:
    First Name:
    greg
    socal
    Vehicle:
    pinto
    33" mudders
    WTF is all i can say. isnt that denying some sort of basic right?

3. Oct 14, 2009 at 5:55 PM
    chris4x4

chris4x4 With sufficient thrust, pigs fly just fine. Moderator

Member:
    First Name:
    FlimFlubberJAM
    Tenoe, AZ
    Vehicle:
    2019 Rubicon 4 Door,
    4.10 gears, sliders, and lots of buttons.
    Yeppo! Freedom of Speech.

4. Oct 14, 2009 at 5:58 PM
    jdkeller

jdkeller How many words can be fit in this s

Member:
    First Name:
    Jonathan
    Inland Empire, Ca
    Vehicle:
    2008 Tacoma Prerunner TRD Offroad
    Dome light LED, 6000k HID Headlights and fogs, Grillcraft black mesh, rear 5100's, Total Chaos UCA's, 285/75/16 BFG KM2's, Spidertrax spacers, Blacked out emblems, cb,kenwood tm270 ham radio, All Pro 3" leaf pack, Fox 2.0 coilovers, Revenge Fab Sliders, u bolt flip kit, Pioneer avh4200, bed bar with light and antenna, Wet Okoles, Weathertech Mats, Wet Okole Armrests, Rear KR Fab bumper, bed mat, N-Fab spare tire carrier with full size spare on 16" TRD rim, Bedlinered flares and grille. Camburg Spindles, All Pro front fenders.
    Once something like this is justified or overlooked it seems as though it gets taken one step further. Seems like society only continues to go downhill. Nothing ever gets better. Just my observation. 5 years from now this will be viewed the same way we view how they used to not show married couples sleeping in the same bed on t.v.

5. Oct 14, 2009 at 5:58 PM
    kristopherl

kristopherl AKA: Jake the Wolf

Member:
    Cincinnati, Ohio
    Vehicle:
    08 Tacoma DC 4x4 Sport LB. Foglight
    Cup holder LEDs, Black Max Tonau, BHL Mod, N-Fab side steps
    you're opening the door to making this a political thread.

6. Oct 14, 2009 at 6:01 PM
    jdkeller

jdkeller How many words can be fit in this s

Member:
    First Name:
    Jonathan
    Inland Empire, Ca
    Vehicle:
    2008 Tacoma Prerunner TRD Offroad
    Dome light LED, 6000k HID Headlights and fogs, Grillcraft black mesh, rear 5100's, Total Chaos UCA's, 285/75/16 BFG KM2's, Spidertrax spacers, Blacked out emblems, cb,kenwood tm270 ham radio, All Pro 3" leaf pack, Fox 2.0 coilovers, Revenge Fab Sliders, u bolt flip kit, Pioneer avh4200, bed bar with light and antenna, Wet Okoles, Weathertech Mats, Wet Okole Armrests, Rear KR Fab bumper, bed mat, N-Fab spare tire carrier with full size spare on 16" TRD rim, Bedlinered flares and grille. Camburg Spindles, All Pro front fenders.
    X2!

7. Oct 14, 2009 at 6:01 PM
    bobwilson1977

Member:
    KaliFORN-I-A
    Vehicle:
    I don't think so. The way I look at it is that the story was reported for its stupidity. That and Fox has a target audience they know just eats this stuff up. Not that I blame them, its good business and they make billions of dollars doing it. At least the Australian owner Rupert Murdoch does anyway.

But the bottom line is that the condo company that did this will very likely lose any case brought up against it. To me this is not news. Its stupidness. Making someone take down their flags will never-ever fly in court. I have yet to see a US law where it is illegal to fly the flag. It will never happen.

8. Oct 14, 2009 at 6:04 PM
    bobwilson1977

Member:
    KaliFORN-I-A
    Vehicle:
    I swear that was not intentional.

9. Oct 14, 2009 at 6:08 PM
    badguybuster

badguybuster Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Michael
    West (by GOD) Virginia
    Vehicle:
    2016 Tacoma TRD Sport
    New truck....so nothing yet
    Over my dead rotted corpse would they stop me from flying the colors. If they tried that with a Muslim flying his religious flag it would be anarchy and lawsuits galore. Maybe they need a visit from several hundred taco's all flying it loud and proud.

10. Oct 14, 2009 at 6:09 PM
    chris4x4

chris4x4 With sufficient thrust, pigs fly just fine. Moderator

Member:
    First Name:
    FlimFlubberJAM
    Tenoe, AZ
    Vehicle:
    2019 Rubicon 4 Door,
    4.10 gears, sliders, and lots of buttons.
    Though it may loose in a court battle, it doesnt negate the fact there are people out there trying to push this on others. I think it needs to be brought to everyones attention now and then, as a reminder that there are people out there trying to take our Freedom one small paice at a time. AND....succeeding. :(

11. Oct 14, 2009 at 6:14 PM
    ajviper7

ajviper7 Well-Known Member

Member:
    FL Panhandle
    Vehicle:
    08 silver TRD OR 4x4 AC
    You've got that right!

12. Oct 14, 2009 at 6:20 PM
    bobwilson1977

Member:
    KaliFORN-I-A
    Vehicle:
    But I don't think there has ever been a time where there weren't crazy lunatics trying to pull stuff like this off. Its not any different now then it was 50 years ago. Only that 50 years ago there were a lot of people who couldn't sit at lunch counters or attend the same school. So its sort of a glass half empty, half full argument. In many ways the world we live in is a lot better than it was even 20-30 years ago. In some ways its worse.

I don't think there's any threat that any law at anytime is going to be passed that disables us from flying the colors. Its who we are. Its what our forefathers fought for. The fact that this story was printed shows its entertainment value because the author knew that the reaction to it would be reliable. I think people need to recognize that cable news- and this goes for both CNN and FOX is for the most part entertainment. They are private businesses making news for a profit and they have target demographics. That's why I watch neither. Hence a story like this, printed for its absurdity.

Personally, I'm proud of our country. I am glad I live in a country where we can do things like make ridiculing remarks, or even make disdainful remarks about our politicians. That and by default can elect someone totally different every 8 years if we so choose. Call me a optimistic. I am out of a job and I have had a number of family members get seriously ill this year. But I am still glad to be part of this country. Some might say things are getting worse. I'd say we get better with age.

13. Oct 14, 2009 at 6:42 PM
    sooner07

sooner07 1/2 man 1/2 amazing

Member:
    First Name:
    A A Ron
    DFW, Texas
    Vehicle:
    Debadged 2008 Rugged Trail
    Toytec ultimate lift kit, light racing UCAs, ARB bumper and full skid plates underneath. Looking into redoing the suspension and maybe repainting the ol' Taco.
    I too am on bob's side that this is a sensationalist piece of news. But, I also agree with Chris that it is news worthy that there are people that are like this and it shouldn't be something that patriotic folk take lightly.

But to think that this is treasonous and worth shooting someone over... is a bit silly IMO. Do the right thing, boycott this business. If my landlord told me that I couldn't fly the flag, fuck them, I'm moving out and not paying to break that lease. Might even plant a flower bed with the colors in the middle of the front yard before I go. But I'm going to observe my right to go where ever I want to go.

Now, if this was a government sponsored initiative, I'd be all for militant action against corrupt leaders. But it being a private matter, I'd handle it differently.

Just another perspective.

14. Oct 14, 2009 at 7:04 PM
    Packman73

Packman73 [OP] ^^^^ 3%er ^^^^

Member:
    First Name:
    Matt
    The free state of Arizona
    Vehicle:
    2007 TRD Off Road
    Bilstein 5100's (front set @ .85"), OME 885's, chris4x4 anti-Taco-lean spacer on driver's side, Total Chaos UCAs, Rear Leaf Spring TSB, Toytec AALs, Black FJ TT Wheels, BFG 285/75R 16 AT Tires, TRD Exhaust, Viper Alarm, Fog Light Mod, De-badged, Blue LED Dome Light, EZ Clamped Tailgate, Wet Okoles, Satoshi Grill, 5% Tint, Engine Tick Fix, Black Rear Bumper, Black Center Valence, Exhaust Cut At Axle, Thanks for all the help chris4x4!
    Jeez, I go out to dinner and this thread blew up. Oh well, GOD BLESS the RED, WHITE and BLUE and to hell with "pr*gre$$!ve$".

15. Oct 14, 2009 at 9:21 PM
    mntbiker2008

mntbiker2008 First I derp.. then I herp

Member:
    First Name:
    Aaron
    Cincinnati, OH
    Vehicle:
    93 Pick up 4x4 (sold), 10' Mazda 3
    bull fucking shit! if i was him, id have everyone put an american flag on on both dwelling and car and whatever the hell else they could! thats some bullshit... damn people piss me off with this shit. :rant::infantry: [​IMG]

16. Oct 14, 2009 at 10:17 PM
    JimBeam

JimBeam BECAUSE INTERNETS!! Moderator

Member:
    First Name:
    JB
    Vehicle:
    2015 Tundra
    America! FUCK YEAH!
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

17. Oct 15, 2009 at 7:09 AM
    ImpulseRed008

ImpulseRed008 Gone But Not Forgotten

Member:
    First Name:
    Susan
    SC
    Vehicle:
    08 PreRunner SR5 V6 w/tow pkg
    OEM SS tube steps, Access LE tonneau cover, pop n'lock, AVS in-channel vent visors, stubby antenna, Wet Okole seat covers, bed mat, rear diff breather mod, 4 extra d rings in bed, K&N air filter.
    Jeff, I need a 52" tv to see your pics :D but :thumbsup:

18. Oct 15, 2009 at 12:01 PM
    fasn8dave

fasn8dave Hey guys watch THIS!

Member:
    Lewisville, NC
    Vehicle:
    06 DC 4x4
    3" Suspension Lift Custom Wheels 265 / 75 / 16 Nitto Terra Grappler Tires (32") Hard Bed Cover Front Bull Bar / Skid Plate Tinted Glass Header Mount GPS Billet Grille
  19. Oct 15, 2009 at 12:05 PM
    derekabraham

derekabraham Living vicariously through everybody

Member:
    First Name:
    TW'S Hippy Liberal
    Portland, OR
    Vehicle:
    2002 4x4 4Runner
    Stick on hood scoop from Autozone.
    Honestly I could care less about many of the political/patriotism articles posted on here, but this one pisses me off. This is the fucking United States, anybody in the country has the right to fly not only the American flag, but any other flag they please. Banning a US flag in the US? Bull shit.

20. Oct 15, 2009 at 12:19 PM
    raskal311

raskal311 Well-Known Member

Member:
    S. Cal
    5100 set to max, pending LSD and TRD CAI
    If your offended by the American flag then you need to move the F*#$)(*#$ out of this country; and this is coming from a skinny Asian immigrant. Heck I purpose a new law that forces immigrants to fly a flag at their place of residence.

Products Discussed in

To Top