1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Oregon dunes meet, spring april 23rd & 24th and summer dates in second post

Discussion in 'Oregon' started by mlcc, Dec 17, 2020.

1. May 11, 2022 at 8:35 AM
    jasmits1

jasmits1 Well-Known Member

Member:
    Vehicle:
    2018 DCSB Off Road 6MT
    Ironman FCP with SPC UCAs
    Really though, you have to stay on it way too long to really dig into the sand. Even aired up it's pretty easy to not get stuck - it's also basically impossible to make forward progress, just it still gives you a ton of warning when it's digging. It's not like snow where a hair too much throttle from a stop immediately digs you in.

Oregon Dunes is just a bit of a haul from where the biggest concentration of members(and Oregonians in general) live, for better or worse. A multi-hour drive and overnight trip with internet strangers is a big commitment. I mean I love it there and often make the drive but as someone who will make a 4 hour drive for a weekend trip people like me usually have plans for all my weekends I have time for a long trip in advance.

2. May 11, 2022 at 6:12 PM
    mlcc

mlcc [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    Oregon
    Vehicle:
    2002 DC TRD/ 1990 4runner
    Lights, 3in lift, tires/ wheels, being awesome
    Ive never had a problem in the sand once, but ive gotten stuck in deep snow plenty of times. And I get why people wouldnt want to drive to meet some random people, but we all share one thing in common.. tacomas.

To Top