1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Organization

Discussion in '2nd Gen. Tacomas (2005-2015)' started by 10.21, Jan 18, 2011.

1. Jan 18, 2011 at 6:17 PM

10.21 [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Dillon
    North Carolina
    Vehicle:
    Black V6 Sport
    BHLM, Satoshi, Remove Mud Flaps, Debadge.
    This may be my OCD speaking...

So, the Tacoma 2nd Gen crew has a compartment located behind the back seats for whatever. Currently I hold my tow strap, shackles, 5000 pound cargo straps (stole from the motor pool), flash light, and a crap load of mechanix gloves.

I currently have a small toolbox that I keep my tools in at home but plan to buy a stacked tool box for the garage to place all of my tools in (that my wife apparently did not get the hint that I wanted for christmas). When I do get my stack tool box, I have this left over, small tool box that could easily be used for my truck (to hold the straps, flashlights and so on). I plan to utilize a bed rack for my spare, jack and so on and possible place this small toolbox on with my jerry cans. But, what would I use the space behind my seats for? This goes back to my OCD and how I need every available space utilized...This brings me to ask, what does everyone use to place specific offroading parts? And what do you utilize other spaces available for?

I've already come to the conclusion that I will not buy a toolbox for the bed of the truck (short bed = no space with tool box, plus I like all of my tools at home). Pictures would be sweet but I'm willing to read suggestions...

Also, I have truck specific tools within the truck...Other tools stay at home.

2. Jan 18, 2011 at 7:51 PM
    Incognito

Incognito μολὼν λαβέ

Member:
    First Name:
    Colton
    VA
    Vehicle:
    2012 Pyrite AC TRD OR
    See Build thread
    I keep my wax, soap, tire shine, interior detailer, some rags, etc. in the space behind the back seat. I also keep bungee cords, ratchet straps, gloves, emergency equipment, etc. back there also.

I keep my recovery strap and shackle hitch receiver in the toolbox in the bed of the truck. I'm sure those could fit under the rear seats if you have any room under there. Hope this helps!

3. Jan 18, 2011 at 8:27 PM
    island808

island808 Me l've got brains.

Member:
    First Name:
    Jedediah
    hawaii
    Vehicle:
    '10 6speed 4x4 access cab
    you carry emergency detail equipment with you or is that just a sign of living in a dormitory ...

4. Jan 19, 2011 at 4:47 AM
    kramer2k

kramer2k Well-Known Member

Member:
    Jacksonville, FL
    Vehicle:
    08 DC PreRunner TRD OR
    I carry my air compressor and emergency road side "kit" in the storage behind the seats.

Under the seats I keep assorted bungies and ratcheting straps, a tow strap, and bottle of oil.

5. Jan 19, 2011 at 5:26 AM
    TXBulldawg

TXBulldawg Well-Known Member

Member:
    Texas
    Vehicle:
    2014 Silver 4Runner SR5 4x4
    In progress...
    Cheap compressor, tarp, wool shirt, first aid kit, Wetterlings 19" axe... Not much else that I can recall.

6. Jan 19, 2011 at 7:03 AM
    DEEVON911

DEEVON911 Semi-Pro

Member:
    First Name:
    Dave
    Bethel Park, PA. Burb of da Burgh.
    Vehicle:
    2010 MGM Mostly Stock Off-Road 4x4
    TRD Cat-back Exhaust. Semi-Debadged. Trimmed down stock Antenna. Weathertech vent visors. TRD FJ Cruiser Center Cap Wheel Mod. 265/75/16 Firestone Destination A/T,s . Inverter tapped into for outlet in cab. Tacomaworld sticker which adds 5 hp.
    I keep a blanket, a couple 1st aid kits, 2 flashlights, a cheap compressor, winter hats and winter gloves (enough for me, my wife, and son.), a camper's bottle thing I bought that has water proof matches a poncho some flint and a few other things I can't remeber. Also I keep some towels, you never know when you will need a towel! I have a few tie downs back there too. I think thats about it. Oh and some TP! God forbid I get stuck somewhere with no TP!

7. Jan 19, 2011 at 7:07 AM
    jjew18

jjew18 the Nightman cometh!

Member:
    First Name:
    John
    Alliance Airport
    Vehicle:
    05 PreRunner SR5
    Added extra awesomeness to its original awesomeness.
    Daddy diaper bag. For obvious reasons I don't carry the other around, so I use a Craftsman tool bag that I keep in the truck for when it is me and the boys.

8. Dec 18, 2011 at 10:50 AM
    Red Dream

Red Dream Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Chuck
    Seattle,wa
    Vehicle:
    2011 Tacoma. Red in color
    I too carry most of the same items mentioned. I have included water, MRE's, and seasonal clothes incase I get stuck/stranded for a few hours. I also have a portable DVD player and DVD's to occupy some time if needed. also snacks can be good to compensate for possible traffic frustrations.

9. Dec 18, 2011 at 12:11 PM
    ToyComa92

ToyComa92 Write your love, Then your anger.

Member:
    First Name:
    Jon
    Conifer, Colorado
    Vehicle:
    2006 Tacoma TRD sport Debadged
    Heated katzskin leather, Black TRD sport wheels, Bilstein 5100s, Toytec 2" Springs, Deaver 2" AAL, Pioneer AVH4400BH, Ultragauge, Weathertechs front/rear,
    I have my Chamois, my Lexol leather cleaner and condition, Elite auto glass cleaner, Mircofiber towels, Turtle wax Tire and Wheel cleaner, Wheel brush, and interior wipes. I like to keep my truck clean. Ive highly considered mounting one of those handheld vacs lol. Hows that for OCD.

To Top