1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

OTRATTW switch wiring help

Discussion in 'Lighting' started by DaveEli, May 30, 2013.

1. May 30, 2013 at 5:32 PM
    DaveEli

DaveEli [OP] Well- Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    David
    Virginia Beach
    Vehicle:
    2011 Tacoma Sport 4X4
    Icon Extended Travel Coilovers, King 700lb springs, All-Pro Expo leaf springs, All-pro U-Bolt flip kit, Icon 2.0 Series custom length rear shocks, Wheelers Superbump Bumpstops, All-Pro extended rear brake lines, Warn 86255 VR10000 10,000 lb winch, Warn 90287 wireless remote, Redline Hood Struts, AVS Bugflector II, Pelfreybilt front bumper with Rigid 92031 SR- Series White 20" Spot/Flood lightbar, Brute Force rear bumper with short swingarm, Famous Fabrication Rock Sliders, Pelfreybilt Skid Plates, Rigid 50231 D2 Driving Lights, Rigid 20221 Dually Spotlights, Rigid 98000 SR-M backup lights, ARB CKMTA12 "12V"on-board twin high performance air compressor, Dick Cepek DC-2 17x9" wheels, 285/70R17 Goodyear MTRs with Kevlar tires, Wet Okole seat covers,Airflow snorkle, ARE CX HD cap, Front Runner Slimline II cap rack, TRD cat back exhaust, AVS in channel window vents, Toyota door sill protectors, Pop & Lock tailgate lock, Husky Rear floorliners, WeatherTech Front Floorliners, DeeZee bed mat, Window tint, TRD drop in air filter, Plasmaglow led bed lights, Hi-Lift jack mounted on bed rail, IMMRYO Rear View Mirror Relocate, ARB 63 Quart fridge freezer, Arb ARB209 Snatch Block, ARB ARB730US 3" x 10' Tree saver, ARB ARB705US 2-3/8" x 30' recovery strap, Bubba Rope 7/8" x 30' original rope 28600 lbs, Bubba Rope Gator Jaw soft shackle 7/16.
    [​IMG]iiiii

I could use some help wiring up this OTRATTW switch. The image above is the wiring diagram I got with the switch. I understand everything except where to hook up pin #2. I am getting the main power from a remote fuse block in the engine compartment. I am using a relay and I am using the switch to control a led light bar.

2. May 30, 2013 at 7:28 PM
    slinkey11

slinkey11 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Gabe
    NC
    Vehicle:
    2015 tacoma
    2 goes to where ever you are pulling the power from such as the battery or in your case the fuse block.

3. Sep 15, 2013 at 5:03 PM
    StAndrew

StAndrew Wait for it...

Member:
    First Name:
    Chris
    Hampton Roads, Va
    Vehicle:
    SR5 4x4TRD
    Intake, exhaust, lift. Typical stuff.
    Did some searching and found this thread (didn't want to start a new thread).

Do I have to connect the 8 prong to the dash lights for the switch light to work? Also can someone explain more prong 7... What does jumping this with prong 6 do?

Lastly, IRT the below pic, I have the switch connected to the relay at prong 2. Now do I splice that wire to the fuse box? Thanks.

[​IMG]

4. Sep 16, 2013 at 6:36 AM
    StAndrew

StAndrew Wait for it...

Member:
    First Name:
    Chris
    Hampton Roads, Va
    Vehicle:
    SR5 4x4TRD
    Or does the line from the switch and the line from the relay go to two different terminals on the fuse box?

5. Sep 16, 2013 at 8:20 AM
    ddungo

ddungo Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Denis
    Chicago
    I just installed my switches this past weekend. Post 7 & 8 are for the dash lights. I tapped the lines for the the shifter; this is so when the dimmer is used, the lights on the independent side (mine are the words) will dim or brighten with the gauges.

#6 should not be tie with 7 if you are using it with your dash lights.

#2 is the feed from your power source.

#3 will go to your relay.

On the relay, 30 will come from the switch (#3)

86 will be another fuse power source.

87 will be to your LED light bar.

I hope this helps you.

Last edited: Sep 16, 2013
  6. Sep 16, 2013 at 8:22 AM
    ddungo

ddungo Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Denis
    Chicago
    Please excuse my wiring, I am waiting for one more switch and harness before I finish wrapping up the wires.

tacoma switches.jpg

7. Sep 16, 2013 at 8:27 AM
    StAndrew

StAndrew Wait for it...

Member:
    First Name:
    Chris
    Hampton Roads, Va
    Vehicle:
    SR5 4x4TRD
    Not no really :p... So 6 & 7 are jumped and conected to the 12V dash light/shifter light? Which wire did you use? Lots of wires to pick from but no diagram...

I currently have everything conected except 6/7 and nothing connected on the fuse box. Do I connect the relay to one terminal on the fuse box and the switch to another, or can I connect both relay and switch to the same terminal?

8. Sep 16, 2013 at 8:39 AM
    ddungo

ddungo Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Denis
    Chicago
    I notice your switches are different than mine. 7 & 8 will be for the dash lights. #6 is the ground for the switch. When you turn the switch on, the second light will come on.
    In my case - when the dash lights are on, the words light up and when the switch is on the images will light up or when the switch is off image is not lit up.
    I believe on my 2010 Tacoma they are Green and Green and with white. Let me run to the truck to check.. then I will answer the reset of your questions.

9. Sep 16, 2013 at 9:09 AM
    ddungo

ddungo Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Denis
    Chicago
    IMG_6919-2.jpg
    They are Green with silver. This is on the the left side of the sifter. I tapped the lines here for the the my LED sifter lights. I traced the lines back to the cig/AUX power area, this is where I tap the lines for the switches. You will have to use a tester to figure out which is power.

The power for the relay and the switch normally should be separate. I pre-wired for my hitch lights, I ran have a separate source and fuse for the relay and for the switch. I only use the same source for low voltage accessories.

IMG_2849_2.jpg

10. Sep 16, 2013 at 10:54 AM
    ddungo

ddungo Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Denis
    Chicago
    Sorry, I just notice I type 30 and 86 wrong. It should be:

On the relay, 86 will come from the switch (#3)

30 will be another fuse power source.

11. Sep 16, 2013 at 12:01 PM
    StAndrew

StAndrew Wait for it...

Member:
    First Name:
    Chris
    Hampton Roads, Va
    Vehicle:
    SR5 4x4TRD
    Awsome denis, thanks for the help. Hopefully I get everything working this afternoon.

Everything works, thanks again. I didn't connect to the dash lights yet but will when I have time. ]

Last edited: Sep 16, 2013

Products Discussed in

To Top