1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Out Of Body Experiences

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Discussion' started by jeremy_283, Jan 21, 2012.

1. Jan 21, 2012 at 11:49 PM
    Chickenmunga

Chickenmunga Nuggety

Member:
    First Name:
    Mike
    Keizer, Oregon
    Vehicle:
    08 TRD Offroad DC 4x4 with stuff
    All the normal TW BS
    I like the pondering part, I just don't like people who claim reality without being able to back it up. Sounds like I'm contradicting my stance on my own faith, but I have my own reasons for believing as I do that we aren't going to cover here.
    Anyway, what i'm saying is that I'd rather try disproving OOBE than outright saying "NOPE!"

2. Jan 22, 2012 at 12:07 AM
    4WD

4WD cRaZy oLdmAn

Member:
    First Name:
    Doug
    Lakeside, Ca / Gardnerville, Nevada
    Vehicle:
    2004 DC TRD 4x
    Grey wire MOD, deck plate, diff breather MOD, 2nd gen. OME 883# on Tundra 5100's, OMD custom 3" leafsprings, rear shock relocation, Ivan Stewart TRD rims w/285/75/16's, '02 bumper MOD, Famous Fabrications sliders , LED interior/exterior lights, bed bar, Custom tube bumper, Old school KC day lighters,Red Ring 8" HID flood, Kenwood vhf 2M.. umm some other shit I'm forgetting right now
    & thats a fair answer, it shows more of an open mind than a term of contradiction in my book...;)

3. Jan 22, 2012 at 9:44 AM
    worthywads

worthywads Well-Known Member

Member:
    Peoples Republic of Boulder
    Vehicle:
    05 5-lug access I4 Stick, 70 Challenger Vert
    You seem to think that imagining anything is possible is difficult, not easy? Seems easy to me.

Is there a point you are trying to make with the flat earth, you lost me?

People with religion beliefs resisted evidence that the earth was round and not the center of the universe long after science concluded that was wrong.

You'd clearly reject any evidence against your beliefs, and will take the easy path that screams "no belief can be proven wrong".

4. Jan 22, 2012 at 11:14 AM
    Chickenmunga

Chickenmunga Nuggety

Member:
    First Name:
    Mike
    Keizer, Oregon
    Vehicle:
    All the normal TW BS
    I think 4WD was trying to say that he's open to the idea of what seems to be illogical events/ideas, the reason being that we haven't explored the possibility properly.

I think worthywads is saying "proof before belief".

it's just a optimist vs. pessimist approach, yes?

EDIT: Religion wanted to disprove round earth because during that time, politics and religion were intertwined in an unhealthy way. it threatened the political and economic standing of the church to lose parishioners and popular approval. Now I know that some meathead is going to come along with the "separation of church and state to protect the government" comment, though that is a completely different situation, where the American forefathers wrote that to protect religion from government because they were facing religious persecution by the Anglican church of England, and the separation meant that government could not dictate what a person believed provided that they weren't breaking other laws.
    FURTHERmore, some other meathead is going to pin all this on Catholics or Christians as the source of strife. However, this is a problem with all religions. Al Queda has been a threat for their beleifs. A woman is valued less than a man in certain countries based off radical Muslim law.
    Finally, some meathead is going to place religion as the source of all evil. However, religion, at its core, no matter the belief, is the pursuit of the betterment of oneself, to rise beyond petty desires and claim a position of improving all mankind. Religion, like anything, has the power to be corrupted by evil men, and an absence does not mean a better situation either. As an examination, take a view of Cold War Soviet Union, where religion was forbidden and the family structure was eliminated.

Now that we have got the religion piece done, let's continue. bleh.

I said strife

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6A0p-U1LBbQ

5. Jan 22, 2012 at 11:51 AM
    OZ-T

OZ-T You are going backwards

Member:
    First Name:
    Peter North
    British Columbia
    Vehicle:
    Mag Grey 09 Trd Sport DCLB 4x4
    OME 885x , OME shocks and Dakars , Wheelers SuperBumps front and rear , 275/70/17 Hankook ATm , OEM bed mat , Weathertech digifit floor liners , Weathertech in-channel vents , headache rack , Leer 100RCC commercial canopy , TRD bedside decals removed , Devil Horns by Andres , HomerTaco Satoshi
    This Meathead doesn't know how a person can believe in the afterlife and heaven as a spiritual place for your spirit to dwell after it has left your mortal body and somehow not believe that an out of body experience is possible.

And no this is not directed at you Mike , I mean people in general that have faith

6. Jan 22, 2012 at 11:53 AM
    Tigahshark

Tigahshark Senior NEWBIE

Member:
    First Name:
    Isaac
    On a volcano, literally!
    Vehicle:
    2011 DC TRD off road 4X4
    Tint Weathertech floor liner, weathertech window visor Roll n lock tonneau cover Rubber bed mat Smoked license plate covers
  7. Jan 22, 2012 at 11:58 AM
    Chickenmunga

Chickenmunga Nuggety

Member:
    First Name:
    Mike
    Keizer, Oregon
    Vehicle:
    All the normal TW BS
    I'm a bigger meathead because I struggle with why people talking with saints makes sense, yet people who believe in ghosts sounds silly.

I'm one day just going to start the 'People are Weird' church.

8. Jan 22, 2012 at 12:00 PM
    OZ-T

OZ-T You are going backwards

Member:
    First Name:
    Peter North
    British Columbia
    Vehicle:
    Mag Grey 09 Trd Sport DCLB 4x4
    OME 885x , OME shocks and Dakars , Wheelers SuperBumps front and rear , 275/70/17 Hankook ATm , OEM bed mat , Weathertech digifit floor liners , Weathertech in-channel vents , headache rack , Leer 100RCC commercial canopy , TRD bedside decals removed , Devil Horns by Andres , HomerTaco Satoshi
    Hahaha

9. Jan 22, 2012 at 1:25 PM
    worthywads

Member:
    Vehicle:
    That I agree with, if you believe in a heaven where your soul goes then something would have to leave your body.

10. Jan 22, 2012 at 1:30 PM
    Aw9d

Aw9d That one guy

Member:
    All 4 years of High School was an out of body experience.. I mean, they did call it 'High' School right?

11. Jan 22, 2012 at 1:54 PM
    Infantry11b

Infantry11b Active Member

Member:
    NY
    Vehicle:
    06 PreRunner SR5
    Bone Stock
    I had a near death experience which lead to an outer body experience. Or so it felt anyway. Maybe it was my mind playing tricks on me or a subconscious dream. I really don't know. What I do know is I felt the initial blast, no pain, constant ringing in the ears, and just pitch black. Next thing I know I'm watching from above as I'm being dragged away. Still couldn't hear anything but ringing.

I remember looking over people working on me and trying to yell at myself to get up. Just standing there going through the motions trying to say, "GET THE FUCK UP!" But no sound was coming out. Just the ringing. I realized the yelling wasn't working and I began just opening and closing my mouth trying to pop my ears and clear the ringing. Mind you this is me out of the body trying to do this, watching my lifeless looking body doing nothing. I then started looking around and trying to get people's attention and no one was responding. I started to freak the fuck out. I thought I was dead. I thought, well fuck this is death... this is what happens. The second I stopped freaking out and accepted it.... BAM... I wake the fuck up and live to tell the story. No bullshit. Fucking weird. Like I said, no idea whether it was just my mind playing tricks on me or if it was a subconscious dream but it felt more real than any dream I've ever had. Like even with those dreams that feel real, you wake up and say, "oh well it was just a dream." Not so, with this... I snapped out of it and truly had no idea whether it was real or a dream. Still don't know, but I do know... if that's death it was scary as fuck, until I accepted it.

12. Jan 22, 2012 at 2:19 PM
    worthywads

Member:
    Vehicle:
    My wife thinks she had an out of body experience when she lost her virginity in a rather drunken state. She assumes it was all in her mind. Lots of pain and alcohol seems like it could screw with the mind.

I guess I'm not as bad at sex as that guy was........ or maybe not as good?

13. Jan 26, 2012 at 9:27 AM
    Phlip4x4Sport

Phlip4x4Sport Well-Known Member

Member:
    Torrance, CA
    Vehicle:
    2017 Double Cab 4x4 Off-Road Long Bed
    New and Unmodified
    If you want a good book on Meditation the best description of the process and the state of mind I have found so far for me is:
    "Awaken to Superconciousness" by J. Donald Walters.

Products Discussed in

To Top