1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Overeem vs. Lesnar in December!!!

Discussion in 'Sports, Hobbies & Interests' started by SilverTacoEater, Sep 6, 2011.

?

Who will win? Reem vs Brock

Poll closed Oct 6, 2011.
  1. Reem by earth shattering Knockout

3 vote(s)
    37.5%
  2. Reem by skull crushing knee

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. Brock by wrestle f***

1 vote(s)
    12.5%
  4. Brock by Donkey Kong punches

4 vote(s)
    50.0%
  5. Double KO

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  6. WTF is MMA and who are Brock Lesnar and Alistair Overeem?

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. Sep 6, 2011 at 3:16 PM
    SilverTacoEater

SilverTacoEater [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Chris
    Pasadena, MD
    Vehicle:
    11 Tacoma SR5 4X4
    Stock
    I just shat myself! This fight just got announced today and as an MMA fan I am absolutely stoked for this fight!:yay: I'm just glad to see the Reem finally in the UFC, I was losing hope that we would ever see him there.

Here's my breakdown:
    Overeem
    Strengths: Arguably the best striker in the heavyweight division (Won the K1 championship last year). Good takedown defense. Very strong. Large guy.
    Weaknesses: Historically not very good off of his back. Not known for his wrestling or grappling. Historically his chin in MMA has been questionable.
    Questions: Is is cardio on par? He has not been known for his cardio in the past. He looked tired and gassed in his fight with Werdum. In addition, is he going to be able to feed oxygen to all the muscle he has gained? Will he be able to stop a power double by Brock?

Lesnar
    Strengths: Extremely strong. One of the largest heavyweights. Arguably one of the best wrestlers in the division (Div. 1 wrestling champion, 2 time big 10 champ), freakishly athletic, good submissions, good cardio.
    Weaknesses: Can't take a punch (see Carwin and Velasquez fight), striking not very good. Still green to the sport.
    Questions: He's been out for a long time due to injury, will ring rust be a factor? He's still new to the game but he's learning quickly, but has he learned enough striking defense to deal with Overeem? What's his health going to be like leading up to the fight?

I think that most fans are going to have Overeem winning by KO, but im thinking that Lesnar may pull an upset. I like to root for the underdog. I think if Lesnar can avoid the early storm and and pull Reem into the second and third round, I think he can use his superior wrestling, control and groudn game to win via UD or TKO via GnP.

How do you guys think it will end?

2. Sep 15, 2011 at 7:47 PM
    mntbiker2008

mntbiker2008 First I derp.. then I herp

Member:
    First Name:
    Aaron
    Cincinnati, OH
    Vehicle:
    93 Pick up 4x4 (sold), 10' Mazda 3
    hard to say... They both have their weaknesses and strong points. I cant really make a decision on who will get it. Can't wait for this fight though. Should be real interesting. I just hope it isn't like the last few I have watched (a while back) where the fighter got knocked off his rocker 14 seconds in to the round and end the whole fight.

3. Sep 16, 2011 at 4:54 AM
    SilverTacoEater

Member:
    First Name:
    Chris
    Pasadena, MD
    Vehicle:
    11 Tacoma SR5 4X4
    Stock
    Reem has the ability to end it like that. I'd rather see a fight then a 10 second KO also. Im kinda torn on who i want to win. I like Lesner but I would love to see Reem win and fight JDS to see who the best striker in the division is. :cool:
    Either was this fight is going to end with a crater being where the venue used to be. :eek:

4. Sep 17, 2011 at 3:45 PM
    mntbiker2008

mntbiker2008 First I derp.. then I herp

Member:
    First Name:
    Aaron
    Cincinnati, OH
    Vehicle:
    93 Pick up 4x4 (sold), 10' Mazda 3
    What are your thoughts on the Jones/Rampage fight?!?! that should be a good one to watch!

5. Sep 17, 2011 at 4:12 PM
    krimson

krimson Nothin

Member:
    Vehicle:
    TRD Off Road
    OME 3" lift with 885 coils. OME Shocks with TSB 1.5 AAL. 285/75/16 KM2s. XD Hoss 16" wheels. DDM Tuning 6000K HIDs, H10 6000K Fogs. BHLM. Debaged. 20% tint on front windows.
    Brock is pretty much beatable once he gets tagged in the face once. So my money will be on Overeem, all He has to do is stuff Lesnar's TD and pulverize him with his technical striking. Rumor has it, Brock asked Badr Hari to help him with his stand up A top tier K-1 kick boxer the guy who beat Overeem in 2 minutes.

6. Sep 19, 2011 at 4:59 AM
    SilverTacoEater

Member:
    First Name:
    Chris
    Pasadena, MD
    Vehicle:
    11 Tacoma SR5 4X4
    Stock
    I do agree with you, but I still think this is winnable for Lesnar. If Lesnar can get inside and put Alistair against the cage and wear him down, I think Lesnar could take the fight.
    I hadn't heard about Lesnar talking to Badr Hari. If it's true that could be a huge help to Lesnar's standup. Badr Hari is an animal.

7. Sep 19, 2011 at 5:02 AM
    SilverTacoEater

Member:
    First Name:
    Chris
    Pasadena, MD
    Vehicle:
    11 Tacoma SR5 4X4
    Stock
    My take on the Rampage v. Jones fight is I think Rampage is kind of one dimensional. He's a great boxer and has devestating power but he doesn't mix up is strikes with kicks and takedowns. He's kind of predictable.
    Jones has never really been hit before so I think if Rampage hits him its gonna be a long night for Jones but I think he's going to outclass Rampage.
    The only person i really see beating Jones is Machida. This is MMA and crazy shit happens so we'll see. :D

Products Discussed in

To Top