1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Overland Outfitters Canada Official Thread

Discussion in 'Canada' started by WormSquirts, Jan 6, 2021.

1. Feb 4, 2021 at 4:18 PM
    Sna

Sna Well-Known Member

Member:
    Alberta
    Vehicle:
    ‘15 trd sport 6MT dcsb, mostly stock?
    Just adding some current pictures with the Dakar leaf pack.
    1567EC34-E933-4834-B8B9-C509465246DD.jpg D2312746-344E-4E1F-B270-3DC426331D79.jpg
    Not impressed with these Dakars CS047R w/D29XL aal both for load carrying and finish. You can see they’re flat or negative already. This is with approximately half of the weight that should be in the bed.

Last edited: Feb 4, 2021
  2. Feb 4, 2021 at 5:16 PM
    Dalegribble02

Dalegribble02 Well-Known Member

Member:
    Savona British Columbia
    Vehicle:
    2014 SR5 4x4 meg grey sold
    Dobinson mrrs Deaver leafs archive garage hammer hangers.
    This is one of the reasons my dakkars are being swapped for deavers

Sna[QUOTED] likes this.
  3. Feb 4, 2021 at 6:29 PM
    WormSquirts

WormSquirts [OP] Armageddon

Member:
    First Name:
    Braeden
    BC
    Yo! Sorry, on the road this week with intermittent service. Deavers should be a couple weeks out depending on delays at the border. I'll be back in the shop next week and can get some firmer answers for you @Sna

Sna likes this.
  4. Feb 4, 2021 at 6:56 PM
    Sna

Sna Well-Known Member

Member:
    Alberta
    Vehicle:
    Thanks for the reply. No rush as I'm just trying to plan a few months ahead. Once my drawers come and the weather is a bit nicer I'll go weigh the truck.

5. Feb 4, 2021 at 7:33 PM
    WormSquirts

Member:
    First Name:
    Braeden
    BC
    Yeah my dakars ran pretty flat W shape when I had them as well. I had the heavy duty with an additional leaf in there, with a canopy, drawers, and RTT at the time. It was quite heavy. I no longer have the drawers or canopy though.

We did order I think 8 sets of deavers in different weight capacities, but I think only 1 or 2 sets of the really heavy duty stage 3 ones. I don't know if you're at the point of purchasing them now or not, but we are going to try and keep some in stock once we get this first order in and start selling them!

Sna likes this.
  6. Feb 4, 2021 at 9:12 PM
    Sna

Sna Well-Known Member

Member:
    Alberta
    Vehicle:
    Once they come in throw some pictures of the U402 stage 3 packs up and maybe it will twist my arm to buy a little early. I really do need to weigh the truck though to confirm what my estimate is.

ETA- you order u-bolt and bushing kits too?

Last edited: Feb 4, 2021
  7. Feb 10, 2021 at 9:37 PM
    TacoSilver

TacoSilver Member

Member:
    Plenty coming..

That all sounds great, but do you guys have a discount link for Ikamper rooftop tents or any other parts?

Be a lot cooler if you did...

8. Feb 10, 2021 at 11:01 PM
    WormSquirts

Member:
    First Name:
    Braeden
    BC
    iKamper won't let us discount their products without getting us in trouble. We are a super small team, and margins in this industry, we are finding out, are super small. Wish we could do more discounts, but it's all we can do to keep our prices competitive with the US after import fees/duties, shipping, and currency conversion, while keeping the doors open right now. Only 3 years in now, and one of them has been a covid year! Trying our best to adapt. We do 1 big sale every year on black friday though, where we discount a lot of cool products!

POSTacoMike and Dalegribble02 like this.
  9. Feb 12, 2021 at 1:20 AM
    WestCoastMango

WestCoastMango Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Anthony
    Vancouver Island
    Vehicle:
    2019 DCSB
    Just placed a deposit for shock relocation and hammer hangers. Super pumped!

10. Feb 12, 2021 at 9:42 AM
    WormSquirts

Member:
    First Name:
    Braeden
    BC
    Sick!!! The @ARCHIVE stuff is so beefy and flexes so well. Game changer!

11. Feb 15, 2021 at 10:44 PM
    WormSquirts

Member:
    First Name:
    Braeden
    BC
    New shop vlog video just uploaded! Installed kings, full @ARCHIVE setup, SPC, CBI bumpers etc. We eventually put on 35s as well and cab mount relocation, but we didn't have that in the video.

Pics of the finished truck:
    20210213-IMG_6255-2.jpg 20210213-IMG_6261.jpg
    20210213-IMG_6262.jpg

Video!

12. Feb 20, 2021 at 9:21 PM
    Jazz1one

Jazz1one It is what it is

Member:
    Calgary AB
    Vehicle:
    2015 MGM DCLB sport premium
    SCS ray 10s. 315/75/16 Yokohama G003. Elka 2.5 dc w/remote resi. SPC uppers. Dobinson heavy leafs. Timbren bumps. Spindle gussets. Cab mount relocate. TRD catback. Toyota trifold tonneau. Full spare in bed. Hood deflector, side visors. Danger Customs Front/rear high clearance bumpers and full skids. 2 way remote start. Safari snorkel. Front 30% tint. Bed step. Anzo LED head lights. Weather tech mats. AllPro HD sliders linexed. 10k smitty x20 synthetic. Factor55 flatlink. Linexed bushwhackers. Rigid industries bumper pods. Ridged industries DSS ditch lights. Diode Dynamics amber pods. Prinsu roof rack. 42” Caliraised Amber single row. Switch Pros in sunglass holder. Custom Bed rail mounts for recovery gear.Northstar AGM battery. 4.88 nitro gears. Front and rear ARB lockers. ARB air compressor in bed cubby using expedition essentials mount.
    @WormSquirts do the archive garage hangers and cross bar go on sale or do you have any discount codes like they do for tw members at @ARCHIVE ?

13. Feb 21, 2021 at 1:42 AM
    WormSquirts

Member:
    First Name:
    Braeden
    BC
    No, we don't. We don't have any room to offer discounts, and I don't think archive has any room to offer us a discount to pass on the favour unfortunately. Pretty tough in such a bespoke niche industry

14. Feb 21, 2021 at 8:29 AM
    Dalegribble02

Dalegribble02 Well-Known Member

Member:
    Savona British Columbia
    Vehicle:
    2014 SR5 4x4 meg grey sold
    Dobinson mrrs Deaver leafs archive garage hammer hangers.
    Why would I be carefully of them. They are a great company. Breaden @WormSquirts is great and his entire team is great. I've been dealing with them for a year or so for stuff I needed for my truck never let me down. You got to realize with covid everything is back ordered especially in Canada.

15. Feb 21, 2021 at 9:20 AM
    Gamester

Gamester Well-Known Member

Member:
    British Columbia
    Vehicle:
    2021 Offroad Access Cab mt
    I’ve ordered several large items through Overland Outfitters and I’ve had no problems with them at all. They’ve brought in an ARB awning and a Prinsu rack for my truck, and then shipped them to me on Van Isle. They are friendly and I enjoy their video blogs too. They’ve answered all my emails promptly. The pandemic has been tricky for all retailers, not just this one. Personally, I’d order through them again in the future.

16. Feb 21, 2021 at 9:39 AM
    ARCHIVE

ARCHIVE Well-Known Member Vendor

Member:
    First Name:
    Eric
    Orchard Park, NY (Buffalo)
    Vehicle:
    '05 Taco, '22 Tundra, '91 Cummins
    2.5" Fox relocation * Hammer hanger * Archive MD springs
    You sound very unreasonable, and people like you make this industry less fun, ripping people up, nobody is perfect. These small businesses can't afford to hire dozens of people to cope with the hugely expanding demand. Have some patience.

I had an indirect customer call me in tears because they gave tens of thousands to a lesser shop over in Calgary and it was on something like a year and nothing had been done on their truck, fortunately it finally happened.

I'm happy to be working with the Overland Outfitters team!

17. Feb 21, 2021 at 10:04 PM
    WormSquirts

Member:
    First Name:
    Braeden
    BC
    Woah, no clue where that one came from. @Peace1 if there's an issue, please let me know. I'm not sure who you are, and only see your post from the quotes above. I have to spend a lot of time in the shop working on customer vehicles as we are a small team, so Amanda and Jenna end up with most of the emails.

We have only done a restocking fee a couple times, and it's only been brought about recently because people were ordering special order items in that had long lead times. We would pay for the product, only for them to cancel, and we would be left hanging with a hard to sell product.

We would never intentionally lie, and can only give the leadtimes that we are given by our suppliers, which has been especially difficult over the last year, and likely will be for the coming years. We are trying to adapt the best we can.

If you dm me your order number, we can refund you in full, or I will try to see where your product is at if you are still interested. You have to realize that we are taking orders right now for product that we likely won't see until August. It's just the nature of the industry right now.

Either way, I don't appreciate being blasted on a public forum without any details or opportunity to remedy the issue. Thanks for the feedback though. I will try to be more prompt with emails but I already often stay up until midnight along with my wife Jenna, trying to get on top of them. Maybe we will reconsider the restocking fee if it is causing such an issue. It is pretty standard practice though, and if we can cancel the order, we wouldn't charge it.

18. Feb 22, 2021 at 3:57 AM
    WormSquirts

Member:
    First Name:
    Braeden
    BC
    I honestly am not sure who you are, or what the situation was. We have been using order numbers since the day we opened in 2017. If you want to let me know your name or email so I can at least refresh my memory for something that occured two years ago?

I am fully willing to admit that I have made mistakes, and we have made mistakes as a company. But we built our business on honesty and integrity, and we continue to value this above everything else. We are very up front with customers when it comes to lead times before they make a purchase. If a purchase is made online and the item is not in stock, we contact that person and let them know what the situation is, and offer them to have a full refund if it will not work with their timeline.

My wife and I didn't start this business to get rich. In fact we both currently get paid less than minimum wage while we work hard every day to try and keep our customers happy. If anybody knows my wife, she would do anything to make sure a customer leaves happy and takes every comment like yours directly to heart. We would certainly never want to unfairly take somebody's hard earned money. We actually experienced credit card fraud against us last year that ended up with us having $25,000 worth of product stolen from us, so I know exactly how it feels, and would never do this to anybody else.

Our website does allow many items to be purchased when out of stock. These items are typically things like bumpers, suspension, roof racks, etc. Bigger items that generally have a lead time associated with them. Like I said, anybody who places an order online for one of these products is contacted and told what the situation is regarding stock and lead times. They are then offered a full refund if the lead time does not work. We have limited space, and cannot stock every variant of every product. Special order items would be things like bumpers, where there are many different options available, or any parts for vehicles that aren't Toyota since early last year, as we transitioned to being a Toyota specific shop.

With your feedback, I will see if I can go through our website and try to make this more clear on each product page.

However, I am still not sure who you are, or why you seem to hate us? Without a name, email address, or order number, there's no way for me to figure out the situation. Maybe my memory is bad, but 2 years is a long time, so I wonder why this is coming up now all of a sudden?

We are just a couple of people passionate about the out doors, trying to make an honest living in the industry. It is easy to sit behind a keyboard and spread contempt, but we are real people who take things to heart on the other end. There is a reason I'm still up at nearly 4 in the morning thinking about your comment and trying to wrap my head around it.

Please give me some more information so I can at least understand where you are coming from.

that06SilverTaco likes this.
  19. Feb 22, 2021 at 5:35 AM
    TomDick&Harry

TomDick&Harry New Member

Member:
    Vehicle:
    Tacoma 1999
    Stock As
    I’ve been shopping at Overland Outfitters for years and never had an issue with any of the sales staff, problems with product, or even general knowledge that they all share with you willingly. It’s a great shop and a great community surrounding it. For someone to not understand they they don’t control how fast product comes in, well they must not know much about the current times. Life’s tough, even tougher these days. Also At the end of the day, it’s just truck stuff. Nobody died, or missed the birth of a baby, or lost a job because an order took a little longer.

Anyways keep up the good work at Overland. Don’t let the few unhappy outweigh the larger number of happy customers you have helped.

20. Feb 22, 2021 at 7:44 PM
    AL0448

AL0448 New Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Andrew
    Vehicle:
    2013 DCLB Pyrite Mica
    Not sure if they're getting confused with another store? Their Bio says Kelowna so I wouldn't really consider that local? Not sure.

All I can say is that I've always had great service from Overland, they've been great to communicate with and always willing to go the extra mile.

Products Discussed in

To Top