1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Overland Outfitters Canada Official Thread

Discussion in 'Canada' started by WormSquirts, Jan 6, 2021.

1. Jun 3, 2021 at 10:22 AM
    WormSquirts

WormSquirts [OP] Armageddon

Member:
    First Name:
    Braeden
    BC
    Here's one of several reasons why we don't recommend Dakars... They rub the shackle, and in extreme cases:

20210528_172226.jpg 20210528_172345.jpg

Going to put @ARCHIVE hammer hangers and 3.6" shackles, along with either icon or Deaver leaf springs on this truck

Last edited: Jun 3, 2021
  2. Jul 27, 2021 at 12:42 PM
    Tridet167

Tridet167 Not an Overlander, or am I?

Member:
    First Name:
    Tony
    Toronto, Canada
    Vehicle:
    2014 Tacoma SR5 DblCab
    I have an AllPro expo leaf pack. Looking to pick up the Archive hangars off you and had a Q. I'm using the stock shackles now and was curious whether I could just mount them into the hangars as is?

Tony

3. Jul 27, 2021 at 5:21 PM
    WormSquirts

Member:
    First Name:
    Braeden
    BC
    I've always installed the poly bushings included with the hammer hangers into the stock shackles. Never actually tried them with the stock bushings honestly. Usually they are pretty worn out. @ARCHIVE might be able to let us both know if the stock shackle bushings work though?

4. Jul 27, 2021 at 5:36 PM
    Tridet167

Tridet167 Not an Overlander, or am I?

Member:
    First Name:
    Tony
    Toronto, Canada
    Vehicle:
    2014 Tacoma SR5 DblCab
    I just ordered the hangers with shackles as well. I thought might as well go new.

5. Jul 27, 2021 at 6:37 PM
    WormSquirts

Member:
    First Name:
    Braeden
    BC
    The 3.6" shackles are super nice and do allow for more droop. I've been finding that the hammer hangers and 3.6" shackles combined with deavers will fully utilize a 14" shock using archive's shock relocation, and the lower shock mount is still higher up than stock after cycling everything to test

Tridet167[QUOTED] likes this.
  6. Jul 29, 2021 at 11:03 AM
    Marcgb91

Marcgb91 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Marc
    Comox, BC
    Vehicle:
    18' Tacoma OR
    Bumpers: -Kalil Fab prerunner -C4Fab RockRunner single tube - Inbound -CBI sliders Wrap: -Kpmf Gloss Opulent Indigo w/Avery satin silver Lights: Baja Designs - Squadron Sport Wide Cornering Foglights - S2 reverse kit - S8 30" amber combo Tires & Wheels: -Ffifteen52 Turbomac HD Classic 16x8 +0mm -Spidertrax 1.25" spacers -Falkentire Wildpeak AT3W LT315/75/16 Suspension: King shocks : Front 2.5 extended w/resi, Rear 2.5x12" shock w/external resi JD Fab: UCA double shear kit, Spindle gussets, LCA pivot kit, Nylon rack bushing, Billet heimed tie rods (stock width) -Dirt King UCA w/poly greasable bushings -Icon RXT leaf pack - option 3 -Archive Garage Shock relocation kit, U-Bolt flip kit & bump stop upgrade, Hammer Hangers RTT & Awning: Prinsu roof rack Overlandrec Upper Hutt & 23Zero Pellegrin 180°
    Couldn't be any happier with the Overland Outfitters crew!
    I've been dealing with them for most of my build since late 2019, had a few emails chatting back and forth with Braeden about suspension upgrades. His knowledge was amazing, will be very upfront on things regardless if its cheap or expensive, they just want you to be happy with whatever setup you end up going with. After briefly telling him my long-term goals/driving habits, we quickly ruled out the BP-51 kit and decided to go with Kings.
    I kept in touch over a few months slowly saving up for parts. In the fall of 2020 I believe?, I purchased basically every little bits to do my rear end, full suspension overhaul! Jenna & Amanda we're on their A-game as always letting me know of ordering/lead time, shipping was super quick to Vancouver Island once they had the parts come in.

I may have been annoying at times calling here and there for updates, but understandably the entire market had lead times left and right. Thankfully, parts came in one after the other so I could easily do bolt-on upgrades over weekends until everything arrived. From bone stock to a mid-travel build in 2'ish years of ownership, I can't say anything bad from the Overland Outfitters crew!
    Every time I had doubts or newbie questions, they we're able to help out and steer me in the right direction whether it was during business hours or over weekends through social media. I didn't chose the budget friendliest route but it all ties in really well together for the use/abuse of the truck so far!
    Hopefully one day I'll have the time to drive over to the mainland and do a mandatory pit-stop to their shop and meet all of you guys!

7. Jul 29, 2021 at 3:02 PM
    WormSquirts

Member:
    First Name:
    Braeden
    BC

Thanks for the review Marc! Really appreciate it! That colour on the wrap looks so insane. Looking forward to meeting you one of these days, but always happy to help when we can from here!

PS, looks like you need some sliders :bananadance:

8. Jul 29, 2021 at 3:14 PM
    Marcgb91

Member:
    First Name:
    Marc
    Comox, BC
    Vehicle:
    18' Tacoma OR
    Bumpers: -Kalil Fab prerunner -C4Fab RockRunner single tube - Inbound -CBI sliders Wrap: -Kpmf Gloss Opulent Indigo w/Avery satin silver Lights: Baja Designs - Squadron Sport Wide Cornering Foglights - S2 reverse kit - S8 30" amber combo Tires & Wheels: -Ffifteen52 Turbomac HD Classic 16x8 +0mm -Spidertrax 1.25" spacers -Falkentire Wildpeak AT3W LT315/75/16 Suspension: King shocks : Front 2.5 extended w/resi, Rear 2.5x12" shock w/external resi JD Fab: UCA double shear kit, Spindle gussets, LCA pivot kit, Nylon rack bushing, Billet heimed tie rods (stock width) -Dirt King UCA w/poly greasable bushings -Icon RXT leaf pack - option 3 -Archive Garage Shock relocation kit, U-Bolt flip kit & bump stop upgrade, Hammer Hangers RTT & Awning: Prinsu roof rack Overlandrec Upper Hutt & 23Zero Pellegrin 180°
    Anytime! Thank you! It was an undertaking for sure for a first off wrapping an entire truck by myself but it went surprisingly very well. The prep. work is always the longest, taking pannels off were so-so, it's already scratched up a lot but there's still pleeeennnntyy of roll left to fix and practice on some mistakes. Sliders & front bumper will hopefully be over the winter when I get some downtime and work a second job :spending:.
    Who knows what will be first but I think it'll be an on-going winter build & enjoy the summer as the years go by.

9. Jul 29, 2021 at 11:41 PM
    buckwheeat

buckwheeat Active Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Daniel
    Lake Cowichan, BC Canada
    Vehicle:
    2020 Tacoma TRD Sport DCLB
    Wildpeaks AT3’s 285/70/17 in all corners Bilsteins front 6112 and rear 5160 Deaver stage 3 Leaf pack 1.5” wheel spacers Cali Raised 32” Light Bar Lower Bumper Auxbeam 8 gang switch ARB single Compressor 3TPAM Dash Mount system Anytime front/rear Camera view Ceramic coated RETRAXPRO XR Tonneau Cover 4” Westin step-ups, LED Cab & box lighting Box bedrug MesoCustoms Headlight Trim Plates Prinsu roof rack with 4 corner grab handles. ARB Touring RTT 6' TreeLine Canopy Baja Sport fog lights
    Marc we will have to do a road trip this fall for a shop visit. It’ll help lighten the bank account. Lol

Dalegribble02 likes this.
  10. Jul 29, 2021 at 11:56 PM
    Marcgb91

Member:
    First Name:
    Marc
    Comox, BC
    Vehicle:
    18' Tacoma OR
    I'd be down for a little road trip! We'll have to figure out a time frame over a weekend or something, lighter wallet but full of c.c. lol

Dalegribble02 likes this.
  11. Aug 8, 2021 at 9:10 PM
    TacoPacific

TacoPacific Just a Joe in a Taco

Member:
    Vancouver BC
    Vehicle:
    2021 Tacoma TRD OR DCSB
    Smartcap Evo Sport, Gar-FAB tailgate panel, TRD Performance Suspension/Lift
    Which Fog's are you running? BD Squadrons I reckon? Sport or SAE? Thoughts for real road/OR use if I may ask?

Marcgb91[QUOTED] likes this.
  12. Aug 8, 2021 at 9:14 PM
    Marcgb91

Member:
    First Name:
    Marc
    Comox, BC
    Vehicle:
    18' Tacoma OR
    I'm running the BD Squadron sports wide cornering kit. Theyre great in both situations. On road theyre brighter than my high beams, cuts the glare in snow & rain. Has a high and really wide spread, perfect for the trails! Cuts a good amount of dust & fog too.

For a 30min plug & play instal, in over a year and a bit of usage, can't complain at all. Expensive but worth it in the long run.

I think i have a photo of the light spread in my build thread.

buckwheeat likes this.
  13. Aug 8, 2021 at 9:16 PM
    Marcgb91

Member:
    First Name:
    Marc
    Comox, BC
    Vehicle:
    18' Tacoma OR

buckwheeat likes this.
  14. Aug 8, 2021 at 9:18 PM
    TacoPacific

Member:
    Vancouver BC
    Vehicle:
    2021 Tacoma TRD OR DCSB
    Awesome … it’s definitely the price that I’m the most hesitant about!

photo below speaks for itself! Thanks!

Marcgb91[QUOTED] likes this.
  15. Aug 8, 2021 at 9:21 PM
    Marcgb91

Member:
    First Name:
    Marc
    Comox, BC
    Vehicle:
    18' Tacoma OR
    Totally! I loved the overall quality of them vs rigid industries (previously ran a few on my car back then) I went ahead and purchased the BD s2 flush mount reverse light kit as well and they have amazing spread for jist being a small 2 pod.

16. Aug 8, 2021 at 9:28 PM
    buckwheeat

buckwheeat Active Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Daniel
    Lake Cowichan, BC Canada
    Vehicle:
    Wildpeaks AT3’s 285/70/17 in all corners Bilsteins front 6112 and rear 5160 Deaver stage 3 Leaf pack 1.5” wheel spacers Cali Raised 32” Light Bar Lower Bumper Auxbeam 8 gang switch ARB single Compressor 3TPAM Dash Mount system Anytime front/rear Camera view Ceramic coated RETRAXPRO XR Tonneau Cover 4” Westin step-ups, LED Cab & box lighting Box bedrug MesoCustoms Headlight Trim Plates Prinsu roof rack with 4 corner grab handles. ARB Touring RTT 6' TreeLine Canopy Baja Sport fog lights
    I run the same lights and although they are pricey…. it’s worth the price.

Marcgb91 likes this.
  17. Aug 8, 2021 at 9:33 PM
    TacoPacific

Member:
    Vancouver BC
    Vehicle:
    2021 Tacoma TRD OR DCSB
    And the install.. only worry I have is F'g with the cowls on the inner of the wheel well... easy?

18. Aug 8, 2021 at 11:34 PM
    buckwheeat

buckwheeat Active Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Daniel
    Lake Cowichan, BC Canada
    Vehicle:
    I went mainly went through headlight area and from under bumper. It wasn’t super easy but I was able to install just myself.

19. Aug 9, 2021 at 11:49 AM
    WormSquirts

Member:
    First Name:
    Braeden
    BC
    It's tight to reach your hands up in there, but you only have to do a few screws, so it's not too bad

20. Aug 9, 2021 at 1:18 PM
    TacoPacific

Member:
    Vancouver BC
    Vehicle:
    2021 Tacoma TRD OR DCSB
    kk… if it goes sideways I’ll probably have to trek to Cloverdale. Although I might have to anyway just to buy them.

Products Discussed in

To Top