1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Overnight Pineland Expedition July 16-17

Discussion in 'North East' started by Beef Taco00, Jun 22, 2011.

1. Jun 22, 2011 at 7:59 PM
    Beef Taco00

Beef Taco00 [OP] Taco Surpreme

Member:
    South Jersey
    Vehicle:
    07 FJ TRD Expedition
    3" Procomp lift kit (ES3000 front struts and ES9000 rear shocks, 3" lift coil springs front and rear) Custom machined 1" UHMW rear spacer lift (made by owner) No front sway bar Custom machined 1" front differential drop (made by owner) Skyjacker 3" lift extended rear sway bar end links Icon Vehicle Dynamics Tubular Upper Control Arms 1/2" Body lift Demello Evil Eye front bumper All-Pro Offroad rear bumper Ricochet Offroad Armor front lower control arm skids Ricochet Offroad Armor HD Skid Plate All-Pro Offroad E-Locker skid SBE rear shock skids/protectors Custom made limb risers 7" round mesh headlight guards ARB Safari Snorkel Outterwares Snorkel pre filter K&N drop in style air filter AFE Catback High-Tuck exhaust Full Scuba mod Midland 40ch CB radio Rear Locker LED gauge light swap done by Alex Emelianoff Daystar LED light switches
    OVERNIGHT PINELAND EXPEDITION JULY 16-17, 2011

It's that time again! Pack up your gear, service your rigs and come out for the Overnight Pineland Expedition!

This run will be held on JULY 16-17 2011, Starting at 3pm on the 16th. Everyone will meet up by NO LATER THAN 4PM, on the 16th.

We will be meeting at the Ranger Station on RT 206.

The coordinates for the ranger station are as follows N 39° 44.515 W 074° 43.555.

The address for the ranger station is as follows 713-723 U.S. 206, Vincentown, NJ 08088.

Heres the run down on the expedition. We will be leaving the Ranger Station at 4-4:15pm and make our way into Wharton State Forest. We will start to head to our campground. Hopefully things will run smoothly and we can reach our campground while there is still light left in the sky. Our campgrounds will be held at Bodine Field.

Heres the info on our campgrounds:

Primitive Campsites: Bodine Field has hand pumps for water and pit toilets. Please call ahead for campfire regulations. Maximum campsite capacities vary from 50 to 250 persons. $2 per person per night.

The week before the run, I will try to reserve our camping spots. With that said, I will take a FINAL headcount on JULY 8TH. By then I need to know if you are 100% going and how many passengers are coming with you. Each Truck is responsible for their food, toiletries, trash removal, camping fees, and camping gear. If you need anything or forget anything I'm sure we won't mind to lend you a hand.

THOSE WHO CANNOT MAKE IT BY 4PM FOR THE START OF THE EXPEDITION AND THOSE WHO WILL BE COMING IN LATE SATURDAY NIGHT OR EARLY SUNDAY MORNING. The coordinates for the Bodine Field Camping Grounds are as follows N 39 39.250 W 074 31.375. You can easily access the campground from main roads.

SUNDAY JULY 17TH, 2011
    We will be leaving the campgrounds by NO LATER THAN 9AM. All trash and camping gear must be packed and you and your group ready to leave by 9-9:15am.

We will then follow the trails toward RT 72 and then on to the Sand Pit where I had everyone to meet up at on the last piney run. Once at the Sand Pit, group photos will be taken and we will spend an hour or so here to play on the hills before moving on. After visiting a few places, we can visit the near by town of Forked River for maybe dinner before everyone decides to leave and head home. I want to try to make it to dinner by 6pm so it still gives everyone enough time to make it home before too late.

Please, RSVP NO LATER THAN JULY 8TH.

I'm looking forward to this being a great turn out. Bring the wife, the kids, but no pets due to campground rules (unless you don't plan on camping out). There is a creek next to our camping area, if you're interested in swimming, bring your swimming gear!

ALL THE INFO YOU WILL NEED IS LISTED BELOW:

Saturday July 16, 2011, Meeting at 3pm at the Ranger Station on RT 206. Leaving no later than 4-4:15pm

Coordinates and address for the Ranger Station is as follows: N 39 44.515 W 074 43.555. 713-723 U.S. 206, Vincentown, NJ 08088

Camping will be held at Bodine Field Campgrounds. Meeting there by sundown (8-9pm)

Coordinates for Bodine Field Campgrounds is as follows: N 39 39.250 W 074 31.375. NO BEER OR PETS ALLOWED AT CAMPGROUNDS. Cost is $2 per person per night.

Sunday July 17, 2011, Will be leaving the campgrounds no later than 9-9:15am

PM ME IF YOU NEED MY NUMBER OR ANY DIRECTIONS. THANKS.

Please, when you sign up, write out beside your name how many is in your group, what time and day you plan on coming and if you are camping.

1. FJones (1 person as of now, 16th at 3pm, YES camping)
    2. Shaun33nyjets (2 people as of now, 16th at 3pm, YES camping)
    3. IzzyCC (3 people as of now, 16th at 3pm, 50/50 on camping)
    4. TheRebel (1 person, 16th before 1600, YES camping)
    5. n.y. cruiser (2 people arriving sunday morning)
    6. DetTweety (maybe +1, but no camping)
    7. Dannymodz ( 1 person arriving sunday morning)
    8. fjmudding10 (1 person, 16th at 3pm, YES camping)
    9. fjmudding10's friend's 4runner (1 person, 16th at 3pm, YES camping)
    10.ashley (2 people 16th at 3pm, yes camping)(jeep)
    11.mike (4 people 16th at 3pm, yes camping)(jeep)
    12.vinny (2 people 16th at 3 pm, yes camping) (ford ranger)
    13. FJ_Pawn (unknown)
    14. ZombieApocalypse (2 people, 16th 3pm, NO camping)
    15. Oswego (1 person maybe 1+, 16th at 3pm, YES camping)
    16. StandingCow not 100% sure yet if I can get off(1 person Maybe 2, 16th at 3pm, Possibly camping if so leaving early sunday)

2. Jun 22, 2011 at 8:03 PM
    Beef Taco00

Member:
    South Jersey
    Vehicle:
    07 FJ TRD Expedition
    3" Procomp lift kit (ES3000 front struts and ES9000 rear shocks, 3" lift coil springs front and rear) Custom machined 1" UHMW rear spacer lift (made by owner) No front sway bar Custom machined 1" front differential drop (made by owner) Skyjacker 3" lift extended rear sway bar end links Icon Vehicle Dynamics Tubular Upper Control Arms 1/2" Body lift Demello Evil Eye front bumper All-Pro Offroad rear bumper Ricochet Offroad Armor front lower control arm skids Ricochet Offroad Armor HD Skid Plate All-Pro Offroad E-Locker skid SBE rear shock skids/protectors Custom made limb risers 7" round mesh headlight guards ARB Safari Snorkel Outterwares Snorkel pre filter K&N drop in style air filter AFE Catback High-Tuck exhaust Full Scuba mod Midland 40ch CB radio Rear Locker LED gauge light swap done by Alex Emelianoff Daystar LED light switches
    PS......SUCKS BOUT THIS POST, BUT I DON'T WANT ANYONE GETTING IN TROUBLE ON THIS TRIP. THANKS.

DUE TO A RECENT PM I RECEIVED ON THE FJCRUISERFORUMS.COM AND A FEW PEOPLE I HAVE TALKED TO....UNFORTUNATELY WE WILL NOT BE VISITING 1/4 MILE AND HIGHLY DOUBT WE WILL BE VISITING JEMIMA HILL. HERES WHAT THE PM STATED BY HAMILTONLJ:

My name is Tom and I'm a founder of the NJTLC. I don't know if you read all the bad press the off-road community was getting last year but a bunch of us Jeep guys decided we need to keep an eye of the environmentalists. So we contacted them and started the NJTLC. I was reading your post for your pines trip. And thought I'd let you know that 1/4 mile is closed to motorized traffic and it is posted. Jamima is a gray area now but it's not posted. Yes the NJTLC posted the signs at 1/4 mile an area that has been off limits for more than 10 yrs. We didn't want to post it but we figured if we give a little and work with the authorities they may stay off our backs! I just wanted to let you know so your group don't have any problems with the Park Police. Have a fun trip and be safe!

Tom

THIS TRIP WILL STILL BE FUN AND WILL CONTINUE AS STATED ABOVE, JUST MINUS 1/4 MILE AND JEMIMA. SORRY GUYS.

3. Jun 28, 2011 at 5:28 AM
    JLink

JLink Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Josh
    Ocean, NJ
    Vehicle:
    The "Big Nig"
    Lifted, Locked, Armored. Ready To Wheel.
    :popcorn:

I'll have to see what my work schedule allows, should be a fun trip though. I'm glad 1/4 mile is closed.. That would be sure to fck up my transfercase problem.. :rolleyes:

4. Jun 28, 2011 at 3:23 PM
    kjf216

kjf216 Fitz

Member:
    First Name:
    Kyle
    Ridley Park, PA
    Vehicle:
    2016 Jeep Wrangler Sahara
    Head unit, speakers, LEDs
    if i can get off work and this is somewhere i can get my prerunner in and out of im game

5. Jun 28, 2011 at 4:44 PM
    kjf216

kjf216 Fitz

Member:
    First Name:
    Kyle
    Ridley Park, PA
    Vehicle:
    2016 Jeep Wrangler Sahara
    Head unit, speakers, LEDs
    hmm scratch that idea then i don feel like beating the piss out of my truck. thanks for the answer boyd

6. Jun 28, 2011 at 9:25 PM
    StandingCow

StandingCow Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    John
    NJ
    Vehicle:
    09 SR5 4x4 V6 access cab

10. Oswego (1 person maybe 1+, 16th at 3pm, YES camping)
    11. StandingCow not 100% sure yet if I can get off(1 person Maybe 2, 16th at 3pm, Possibly camping if so leaving early sunday)

7. Jun 30, 2011 at 4:16 PM
    Beef Taco00

Member:
    South Jersey
    Vehicle:
    07 FJ TRD Expedition
    Hahaha funny they posted that....and whats even more funny is that the guy who posted that about my run is one of my decent geocaching friends..hrmm oh well.....hahaha we're still gonna have fun no matter what and its all legal fun when I go out :)

8. Jun 30, 2011 at 4:27 PM
    Beef Taco00

Member:
    South Jersey
    Vehicle:
    07 FJ TRD Expedition
    13. FJ_Pawn (unknown)
    15. Oswego (1 person maybe 1+, 16th at 3pm, YES camping)
    16. StandingCow not 100% sure yet if I can get off(1 person Maybe 2, 16th at 3pm, Possibly camping if so leaving early sunday)

9. Jul 2, 2011 at 6:40 AM
    Beef Taco00

Member:
    South Jersey
    Vehicle:
    07 FJ TRD Expedition
    13. FJ_Pawn (unknown)
    15.ZombieApocalypse Brother (2 people, 16th 3pm, no camping)(4runner)
    16.ZombieApocalypse friend (1 person, 16th 3pm, no camping)(jeep cherokee)
    ‎17. Oswego (1 person maybe 1+, 16th at 3pm, YES camping)
    18. StandingCow not 100% sure yet if I can get off(1 person Maybe 2, 16th at 3pm, Possibly camping if so leaving early sunday)
    19.chio(2people, 16th 3pm, camping)(jeep)(chio from chio in the morning on wired 96.5)
    20.dan wood chio's freind(1person, 16th 3pm, camping)(jeep)
    21.manny(2 or 3 people,16th 3pm, camping)

10. Jul 7, 2011 at 5:12 PM
    Beef Taco00

Member:
    South Jersey
    Vehicle:
    07 FJ TRD Expedition
    UPDATE:

I called down to the Batsto Ranger Station and talked the receptionist and she confirmed that pricing IS $2 a head (including kids). She said our group is welcomed and she asked me to come and reserve the camp grounds as soon as possible. I will be heading down there either on Saturday or Sunday (9th or 10th) morning to reserve our site and to fill out the paper work for our permit.

For those who are camping, please send your $2 payment to me by paypal. The camping fees are due at time of reservation. My paypal email is beastfj@aol.com. Thanks!

11. Jul 7, 2011 at 5:36 PM
    brutalguyracing

brutalguyracing BIG DADDY

Member:
    F.U> GUYZ
    broken mods
    are fires allowed?

12. Jul 7, 2011 at 5:41 PM
    Beef Taco00

Member:
    South Jersey
    Vehicle:
    07 FJ TRD Expedition
    I'm not sure, I can call down there tomorrow and find out. I hope they are allowed!!

13. Jul 7, 2011 at 5:45 PM
    brutalguyracing

Member:
    F.U> GUYZ
    broken mods
    it says fire rings provided in the campgrounds on their website

14. Jul 7, 2011 at 5:54 PM
    Beef Taco00

Member:
    South Jersey
    Vehicle:
    07 FJ TRD Expedition
    Yeah, I think it also depends on how dry the forest is that day also. If it's too try they ban the fires so they don't catch the forest on fire lol. I think that's one of the reasons I have to go pick up the permit the day of camping so they can tell ya if it's ok for fire or not. Idk though. Never been camping in Wharton lol

15. Jul 8, 2011 at 3:42 PM
    Beef Taco00

Member:
    South Jersey
    Vehicle:
    07 FJ TRD Expedition
    Thanks for the heads up Boyd. Ill make sure to post up about it. Also, I received your payment, youre good to go :D

16. Jul 8, 2011 at 9:42 PM
    JLink

JLink Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Josh
    Ocean, NJ
    Vehicle:
    The "Big Nig"
    Lifted, Locked, Armored. Ready To Wheel.
    working till 830 saturday night, but if im not working sunday I'll shoot down there after work. CB should be operational so I'll meet you guys at the site

17. Jul 9, 2011 at 5:35 AM
    StandingCow

StandingCow Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    John
    NJ
    Vehicle:
    09 SR5 4x4 V6 access cab
    Money sent since I will probably be camping.

18. Jul 9, 2011 at 5:40 AM
    Beef Taco00

Member:
    South Jersey
    Vehicle:
    07 FJ TRD Expedition
    Got the payment, glad to have you camping also :D

Jlink, glad you're gonna be joining us!

19. Jul 9, 2011 at 9:01 AM
    brutalguyracing

Member:
    F.U> GUYZ
    broken mods
    lady of phone said fires are allowed from 4pm -7am

20. Jul 9, 2011 at 9:03 AM
    brutalguyracing