1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

P0301 code problem.

Discussion in '1st Gen. Tacomas (1995-2004)' started by QMEDJoe, Sep 11, 2016.

1. Sep 11, 2016 at 11:22 AM
    QMEDJoe

QMEDJoe [OP] Proverbs 3:5-6

Member:
    First Name:
    Joe
    Fleetwood NC
    Vehicle:
    2003 black DLX Tacoma,5VZ-FE,5 speed,4x4.
    Fox 2.0 Coilovers in the front and Fox 2.0’s in the rear, Total Chaos UCA’s, Al-lpro expo leafs, K&N cold air intake, TRD headers,Magnaflow catback exhaust,URD short throw shifter, switched out my 60/40 bench seat for some Tacoma Limited seats, Replaced the vinyl shift boot for a leather one, completely soundproofed the cab w/ Frost King. Replaced stock radio with a Pioneer AVH series head unit. Focal component system w/a 10" sub powered by 2 Alpine amps. Weathertech floor mats. Line-X'd the bed. SCS Ray 10’s, Installed an A.R.E. MX series camper shell. All-Pro Apex front bumper w/ All-Pro skid plates all the way back to the Trans. Low Range fuel skid plate.
    I just jacked some other guys thread and figured I'd make my own in the hope there is someone out there that could help...

Driving last night and lost my tunes for about 2-3 seconds and a few seconds after that my alarm on my Ultragauge went off detecting p0301 code (cylinder 1 misfiring) I got home and Googled+Youtubed just about everything I could find. As suggested, I swapped out spark plugs,wires,ignition coils with other cylinders to see if the problem was the actual part being swapped and so far I keep throwing a P0301 code. I'm going to Napa to buy a pressure tester and hope they have an injector tester, I'm going to be swapping out my injectors also to see if that's the issue.:fingerscrossed: If anyone has dealt with this please chime in and help out as much as you can. It would greatly appreciated.

Due to the loss of my audio immediately followed by an alarm on my OBII gauge I'm fearing its electrical :(

2. Oct 21, 2016 at 3:57 AM
    Brie

Brie Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Brieanna
    CA
    Vehicle:
    2001 Tacoma TRD, Prerunner
    Update! Please

3. Oct 21, 2016 at 11:28 AM
    QMEDJoe

Member:
    First Name:
    Joe
    Fleetwood NC
    Vehicle:
    Fox 2.0 Coilovers in the front and Fox 2.0’s in the rear, Total Chaos UCA’s, Al-lpro expo leafs, K&N cold air intake, TRD headers,Magnaflow catback exhaust,URD short throw shifter, switched out my 60/40 bench seat for some Tacoma Limited seats, Replaced the vinyl shift boot for a leather one, completely soundproofed the cab w/ Frost King. Replaced stock radio with a Pioneer AVH series head unit. Focal component system w/a 10" sub powered by 2 Alpine amps. Weathertech floor mats. Line-X'd the bed. SCS Ray 10’s, Installed an A.R.E. MX series camper shell. All-Pro Apex front bumper w/ All-Pro skid plates all the way back to the Trans. Low Range fuel skid plate.
    Ok, so I switched over the plugs,wires and coils and still had the P0301 code. I did notice inside the boot of one coil packs it had some white corrosion inside. I scraped it off and it took care of the problem. I also used some Sea Foam in my vacuum line as well as in my fuel tank and whichever it was corrected the problem. Anymore questions please don't hesitate to ask.

Brie likes this.
  4. Oct 21, 2016 at 11:33 AM
    cruiserguy

cruiserguy Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Elijah
    SLC
    Vehicle:
    2000 ext cab, 2.7L, auto, 4x4
    Nice, good to hear it wasn't too involved of a fix.

QMEDJoe[OP] likes this.
  5. Oct 21, 2016 at 11:38 AM
    QMEDJoe

Member:
    First Name:
    Joe
    Fleetwood NC
    Vehicle:
    Me too, I was about to change out everything ! I've talked to some guys that couldn't find the problem...I almost traded it in for a Mustang GT! :burnrubber:

6. Oct 23, 2016 at 2:18 PM
    Brie

Brie Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Brieanna
    CA
    Vehicle:
    2001 Tacoma TRD, Prerunner
    Thank you, updates give me the closure that this entire site is based upon. Its all about that finish! ;) I feel much better now, thanks!

QMEDJoe[OP] likes this.

Products Discussed in

To Top