1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Paid off the Taco....

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Discussion' started by xguntherc, Dec 8, 2018.

1. Dec 8, 2018 at 9:20 AM
    xguntherc

xguntherc [OP] Taco Time

Member:
    First Name:
    Cory
    East Dallas
    Vehicle:
    11 TRD Off Road - Black
    Icon Stage 5, Nexen Roadian MTX, Fuel KB43 Block wheels, Baja Design XL 80s, Baja Squad Pro WC fogs, TacoVinyl grill, "dudebro" lights, Prinsu rack, trail rash pinstripes, BAMF hybrid bumper, sliders, and LCA skids, and a few other things I can't think of.
    Finally... I paid off my Tacoma! Feels good.

I have the title in hand, and can put my old monthly payment in savings, and a few mods/upgrades here and there.

I took a photo of title "cropped for security reasons" and was going to upload it with this post, but I'm not sure it's a good idea. You never know, sadly.

Might not be a big deal to some people, but this is the first vehicle I really wanted, saved up for, bought myself, and 100% paid off.. Good stuff.
    My Jeep I got when I was 15 from my dad, who hit an elk and totalled it 4 months later. My Daewoo car was a piece of shit. My Ford Ranger (bought outright) was a champ until I sold it with 270k miles on a whim to a stranger in AZ who offered cash. And my 2006 Chevy Colorado was GARBAGE and is what I traded in for the Tacoma.

Random thread, random thoughts. Who else paid off their Tacoma as their first. Interested to see the history of some other owners.

shakerhood, DustStorm4x4 and CJREX like this.
  2. Dec 8, 2018 at 9:22 AM
    El Duderino

El Duderino Obviously, you're not a golfer.

Member:
    First Name:
    Jeremy
    HI->PNW
    Vehicle:
    16 MGM Sport 4x4 DCSB & 19 nautical blue SR5 premium 4x4
    Stuff, things, this, an ADS
    Awesome congrats to you boss.

3. Dec 8, 2018 at 9:24 AM
    xguntherc

xguntherc [OP] Taco Time

Member:
    First Name:
    Cory
    East Dallas
    Vehicle:
    11 TRD Off Road - Black
    Icon Stage 5, Nexen Roadian MTX, Fuel KB43 Block wheels, Baja Design XL 80s, Baja Squad Pro WC fogs, TacoVinyl grill, "dudebro" lights, Prinsu rack, trail rash pinstripes, BAMF hybrid bumper, sliders, and LCA skids, and a few other things I can't think of.
    Yeah, well, that's just, like, your opinion, man! You pissed on my rug!

Great movie.

And thanks homie. I'm happy about it. Paid off early, too, as I paid $100 over my payment every month.

El Duderino[QUOTED] likes this.
  4. Dec 8, 2018 at 9:27 AM
    El Duderino

El Duderino Obviously, you're not a golfer.

Member:
    First Name:
    Jeremy
    HI->PNW
    Vehicle:
    16 MGM Sport 4x4 DCSB & 19 nautical blue SR5 premium 4x4
    Stuff, things, this, an ADS
    I pay for the truck in cash but financed the warranty and other small stuff lol. I still don’t have my title in hand my payments are ridiculous like not even 3 figures lol. Paying a little over is the way to go, we do that with our mortgage. People don’t understand that little bit off the principal every month really does make a difference. For my wife’s 4Runner we find out what the monthly interest is a pay 3/4 or the full amount at the end of the month.

Last edited: Dec 8, 2018
  5. Dec 8, 2018 at 10:06 AM
    xguntherc

xguntherc [OP] Taco Time

Member:
    First Name:
    Cory
    East Dallas
    Vehicle:
    11 TRD Off Road - Black
    Yup. Saved me a lot of money over 48 months or whatever it was. Paid it off early, improved credit, and paid less interest.

El Duderino likes this.
  6. Dec 10, 2018 at 12:14 PM
    ArmandHammer83

ArmandHammer83 This truck is AMAZING

Member:
    First Name:
    Raymond
    Alabama
    Vehicle:
    2018 Tacoma AC V6 MT 4x4
    none yet
    hey man congrats, quick question, did you call the place you had the truck financed through and just make an extra payment or if you have it set up to auto pay did you just up the amount... asking because i think this is something i want to do but a little unsure how to get it done and know its actually being done, know what i mean?

7. Dec 10, 2018 at 4:13 PM
    xguntherc

xguntherc [OP] Taco Time

Member:
    First Name:
    Cory
    East Dallas
    Vehicle:
    11 TRD Off Road - Black
    Well, yeah at first. I ended up setting up automatic payments on the website and added an extra $50, then after a year, I increased it to $100. So every month they just automatically took the amount I wanted, which was more than my payment.

Make sure you TALK to your bank though. You want the extra $$ going towards the principal amount of the loan, not towards interest. If you pay the extra at the same time as your regular payment, it should go to the principal. I'd double-check though.

8. Dec 11, 2018 at 6:20 AM
    ArmandHammer83

ArmandHammer83 This truck is AMAZING

Member:
    First Name:
    Raymond
    Alabama
    Vehicle:
    2018 Tacoma AC V6 MT 4x4
    none yet
    i'll check that out today, thanks for the helpful tip

9. Dec 11, 2018 at 6:27 AM
    JayRolla

JayRolla Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Jason
    Colorado Springs
    Vehicle:
    Wife's 2012 DCSB Tacoma Sr5
    Trd stickers for 10whp 32s on MK6 17s
    It does feel good. Paid off wifes 2012 earlier this year when we sold our first house. She let me put a good $5k down on my new to me 2004 CTS-V. Loving the v8 power of this car!!

Products Discussed in

To Top