1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Painted Badges on Pyrite Mica??? Show Pictures???

Discussion in '2nd Gen. Tacomas (2005-2015)' started by huntark03, Aug 17, 2010.

1. Aug 17, 2010 at 11:45 AM
    huntark03

huntark03 [OP] I'd rather be hunting!

Member:
    First Name:
    Chris
    Maumelle, AR
    Vehicle:
    2005 Limited Tundra DC 4X4
    Spidertrax Wheel Spacers aFe Pro Dry Drop in Air Filter Weathertech Liners Bilstein 5100s w/ OME 885 coils and ToyTec 1.5" AALs Light Racing UCAs
    I am thinking about painting my badges black on my 09 Pyrite Mica longbed. Has anyone ever seen any color of than black that looked good?

2. Aug 17, 2010 at 2:13 PM
    ASH

ASH Well-Known Member

Member:
    SF Bay Area, CA
    Vehicle:
    2010 DC PreRunner TRD Off Road
    SnugTop Rebel Shell, Bilstein 5100's @ 1.75, Rear TSB, BFG A/T KO 265/75/16, Tranny TSB, WeatherTech Digital Fit Floor Mats, Debadged (Sides), Black Badges (Tailgate), Avid Off Road Sliders, TRD Shoulder Pads, Factory Color-Matched Grille w/Blacked-Out Emblem
    I just painted my badges black (Krylon Fusion Flat) and put (most of) them back on my tailgate yesterday. I was fully debadged for about 7 months but I thought the rear looked too plain, especially with the shell on it.

I left off the Toyota and PreRunner badges on the tailgate and the tacoma badges on the sides.

Here are some (crappy phone) pics of my black badges installed on my 2010 Pyrite Mica:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

I also considered going olive drab and painted one of my extra Tacoma badges just to see if it looked good against the Pyrite Mica. I didn't like the contrast so I decided to go black instead:

[​IMG]

3. Aug 17, 2010 at 8:17 PM
    huntark03

huntark03 [OP] I'd rather be hunting!

Member:
    First Name:
    Chris
    Maumelle, AR
    Vehicle:
    2005 Limited Tundra DC 4X4
    Spidertrax Wheel Spacers aFe Pro Dry Drop in Air Filter Weathertech Liners Bilstein 5100s w/ OME 885 coils and ToyTec 1.5" AALs Light Racing UCAs
    Good looking truck and thanks ASH!!! I think the black looks awesome...I bought some flat black krylon the other day as well as some flat clear coat. I figured the more coats of protection the better!! I will take pics once I finish them this weekend...I'm going for one of a kind!!!

Products Discussed in

To Top