1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

painted skid plate, question

Discussion in '2nd Gen. Tacomas (2005-2015)' started by S!LVERT4COM4, Sep 4, 2009.

1. Sep 5, 2009 at 8:47 AM
    gcwaterski

gcwaterski Well-Known Member

Member:
    The plate looks GREAT! The best!

2. Sep 5, 2009 at 8:50 AM
    dexterdog

dexterdog My pee parts itch

Member:
    Oly WA
    Vehicle:
    2012 F150
    It's really going to come down to how well you prepped before each coat. I have seen line-x peel right off of a bed due to bad prep.

3. Sep 5, 2009 at 9:22 AM
    IrishPilot

IrishPilot Well-Known Member

Member:
    MN
    Vehicle:
    09 TRD Off-Road 4x4 Double Cab
    By quartering I guess I mean shots from different angles of the truck. Looks great man.

4. Sep 5, 2009 at 10:27 AM
    T0LLPHR33

T0LLPHR33 Well-Known Member

Member:
    S1N C1TY...(from Hilo, HI)...
    Vehicle:
    BSP TRD Off-Road
    APR X-1 | TRD CAI w/Clear Cover | TRD Short Shifter w/ TRD "RED" Shift Knob | SGII w/Blendmount| Snugtop SL w/KeyLess Entry | 5% Tint | Pop-n-Lock | Bosch Icon WB | S2K Antenna | HRM | LS 8K Projectors w/BSP HLM & 8K Fogs w/FLM | Debadged |Tinted Tails | Black Weathertechs | MX RGM & RBM | Optima Red Top 35 | Gatorback Belt |
    no problem bro...well deserved...

i read you mention you need something to do with the grille...how about a satoshi (RGM and RBM) like mines...:)

0717090722a-1_e79736a80831ea19a22092bf0593cd5e535e5f1b.jpg

or you could by like my boy donny (venomous_x from XRU)...he's got the EVO mod and the satoshi (RGM)...I think your truck would look TITS with this setup...
    IMG_0047-1_cdcd6e2b48a3e6f97af044dcec04aeb6bfb4a097.jpg

july10th040_14b4f095ac2ea02ab2febcb29517eecc64b727ff.jpg

5. Sep 5, 2009 at 12:30 PM
    S!LVERT4COM4

S!LVERT4COM4 [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    Raleigh, NC
    Vehicle:
    09 TRD Sport
    black emblems, tinted tails, fog light mod, DTRL, weathertechs, in-dash NAV, center console light, glovebox light, maglite mounts, BHLM, sockmonkey decals and bumper cover, 886 reverse lights, extra beg rings, undercover, TRD exhaust (painted black), TRD skidplate (custom paint)
    Sweet truck. I really like the Satoshi (RGM) and the RBM mod on your black truck. I haven't seen many RBM mods, and that looks awesome. I have considered going the Satoshi route, but I am reluctant for a number of reasons. For one, I don't have any experience with fiberglass/bondo but more importantly don't have anywhere to do all the work (I've read that all the sanding creates quite a mess). I had to do all my painting in the loading dock of my apartment complex after the people left the management office...:rolleyes: Also, I think I want to put train horns behind the grille eventually and don't know how much room the Satoshi mod leaves. So I was thinking of just the Grillecraft route...we'll see.

Before I go spending a lot of money on my grille I am going to paint my calipers and brake drums black, and with the apartment/condo predicament, it might be a while before I can get to that. Thanks a lot for the input.

By the way, what is the EVO mod? I see that his fogs are yellow...is that it? :confused: <<-- that was dumb, I was confused by his fogs being yellow in the second and not in the first. But I think I see now that he has what I guess is the XR ground effects bumper painted black too. I don't have that though so I am still a little confused as what the EVO mod is?

6. Sep 5, 2009 at 12:52 PM
    T0LLPHR33

Member:
    Vehicle:
    BSP TRD Off-Road
    APR X-1 | TRD CAI w/Clear Cover | TRD Short Shifter w/ TRD "RED" Shift Knob | SGII w/Blendmount| Snugtop SL w/KeyLess Entry | 5% Tint | Pop-n-Lock | Bosch Icon WB | S2K Antenna | HRM | LS 8K Projectors w/BSP HLM & 8K Fogs w/FLM | Debadged |Tinted Tails | Black Weathertechs | MX RGM & RBM | Optima Red Top 35 | Gatorback Belt |
    thanks a lot for the comments...

if you ever want to do the satoshi (RGM) mod then let me know...I got a bunch of friends that live in VA Beach...a couple of those guys have done the RGM...i'm sure if I contacted them and you met up with the for a mod day they would be more than willing to help you get this done...

the grillcraft mx is meant to be flush to the grille...it still looks really good I just chose the RGM cause it was different and I wanted to be the 1st in vegas...i love it when guys walk up and ask "who made the grille cause its sick"...:D

to clear up the EVO Mod...if you look in the picture with the RR XR and the silver DC Tacoma you will see black paint starting at the plastic valence bar on the front bumper down towards the ground...

IMG_0047-1_cdcd6e2b48a3e6f97af044dcec04aeb6bfb4a097.jpg

[​IMG]

we on XRU call this the EVO mod...as you can see in the picture of a mitsubishi lance evo 9

[​IMG]

the audi's kind of have the same look as well...

[​IMG]

7. Sep 5, 2009 at 12:58 PM
    S!LVERT4COM4

S!LVERT4COM4 [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    Raleigh, NC
    Vehicle:
    09 TRD Sport
    black emblems, tinted tails, fog light mod, DTRL, weathertechs, in-dash NAV, center console light, glovebox light, maglite mounts, BHLM, sockmonkey decals and bumper cover, 886 reverse lights, extra beg rings, undercover, TRD exhaust (painted black), TRD skidplate (custom paint)
    Thanks for clearing that up, I learned something new. It looks pretty sweet on those cars/trucks. And if I decide to go the Satoshi route, I'm sure you and everyone on the board will know because I'll have lots of questions. Thanks again.

8. Sep 5, 2009 at 1:19 PM
    T0LLPHR33

Member:
    Vehicle:
    BSP TRD Off-Road
    no problem bro glad I could help...

9. Sep 5, 2009 at 2:35 PM
    mick6

mick6 Well-Known Member

Member:
    New Jersey
    Vehicle:
    08 Tacoma TRD DC Sport
    None....Yet
    Really nice job.....I gotta copy that on my SilverMica!

10. Mar 27, 2015 at 8:29 PM
    Ulysiss

Ulysiss Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Ulysiss
    La Puente, SGV
    Vehicle:
    2013 Long Bed, PreRunner, TRD Sport
  11. Nov 2, 2016 at 5:59 AM
    sorgon82

sorgon82 wanna go for a rip bud