1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Painting aluminum?

Discussion in 'Armor' started by jlusmc, Feb 16, 2018.

1. Mar 20, 2019 at 6:11 PM
    lojack

lojack Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Ahren
    South Shore, Wi
    Vehicle:
    19 DCSB OR CB
    Slight topic tangent, but my parents have an f150 that has the aluminum body and they have had some issues with paint chipping from rocks getting kicked up. I don't think they opted for having that plastic film applied to the areas that are susceptible to that. Might be a good idea for an aluminum bumper (might even help obstacles slide rather than scrape), although if there are any round tubes, that would be a pita to do. Maybe impossible.

Also, if painting, let that paint cure. Like for a week in a warm space. That goes a long way for durability.

2. Jul 27, 2021 at 3:56 PM
    LizisMick

LizisMick New Member

Member:
    Painting aluminium is quite problematic sometimes. Here is why. I remember when I needed to paint my aluminium parts of the fences and here was the problem of scratches on it. When I tried to paint the scratches, it looked so horrible that made me think of getting rid of them completely. Because I am not an expert in painting, I contacted https://www.paintingservicesingapore.sg/ to do this job for me. Therefore, if you are going to paint such metal, try to look at the scratches on it, so you will not have any problems with the look of it

Last edited: Jul 28, 2021

Products Discussed in

To Top