1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Painting chassis saver over another undercoat?

Discussion in '2nd Gen. Tacomas (2005-2015)' started by SkyHighTacoma, Oct 6, 2009.

1. Oct 6, 2009 at 8:53 PM
    SkyHighTacoma

SkyHighTacoma [OP] Josh

Member:
    First Name:
    Josh
    Brazoria County Texas
    Vehicle:
    15 DCSB SR5 MGM
    So i bought some Chassis Saver a few days ago and i plan on coating my frame soon. But my frame rails have some over spray, and some spots just sprayed with 3M Rubberized Undercoat. So can i paint the Chassis saver over the 3M undercoat? Or will it it not stick?

2. Oct 8, 2009 at 1:36 AM
    SkyHighTacoma

SkyHighTacoma [OP] Josh

Member:
    First Name:
    Josh
    Brazoria County Texas
    Vehicle:
    15 DCSB SR5 MGM
  3. Oct 8, 2009 at 6:54 AM
    jassco

jassco Well-Known Member

Member:
    Boston
    Vehicle:
    2010 Access Cab 2.7L SR5 5spd, 4x4
    5100 set to .85 w/ rear TSB, 2012 Rear-view Mirror, Grillecraft, Team Trails FJ Wheels, TPMS canister, Rear headrest delete, Rear console delete, Valley Hitch, Frame undercoat, $2.99 Tailgate hose clamp lock, Avid light bar, 4x4 lighted switch ala Biceman.
    I guess it can't hurt. You can always call and ask Magnum paints or email them. I'm sure if you paint what you can and try to paint over anything else just scuff it up with a wire brush. If it doesnt come off then I guess you don't need chassis saver in that spot becuase it's protected. I powerwashed the frame before doing mine, but there was still some dust on the frames and I painted right over it no issues. The stuff is made to paint over rust. Save some and touch up after winter as needed.

To Top