1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Park your vehicle in front of your own effen house!

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Discussion' started by TacoDawgfan, Dec 31, 2011.

1. Dec 31, 2011 at 10:58 AM
    TacoDawgfan

TacoDawgfan [OP] Hunker Down You Hairy Dawg!

Member:
    First Name:
    Mike
    Georgia
    Vehicle:
    2011 Silver 4x4 TRD Sport w/JBL
    5100's at 1.75, Rear leaf TSB, Moto Metal 951 16x8, BFG TKO2 265/75/16, AFe Stage 2 CAI w/pro dry filter, Kenwood DDX374BT installed with Idatalink Maestro kit, Access Loredo tonneau cover, N-Fab steps, Tinted windows, EGR in channel vent visors, UGA drink coasters in the front cup holders, and a Graco car seat in the back seat
    That is my whole point.;)

2. Dec 31, 2011 at 11:00 AM
    Brunes

Brunes abides.

Member:
    First Name:
    Rotorhead
    Around
    Vehicle:
    08 Red/Graphite and Satin Black
    Inside: Tint, Wet Okole 1/2 Piped Red/Black Covers, Black Weathertech Digital Fit Mats, URD Short Throw w/ TWM Weighted Knob, USA Spec iPod adapter. Outside: 4300K Retro w/ Angel Eyes and Red Shrouds, 5000K Blazer Fog Light Retrofit, Debadge, Bed Locking Handle, Satin Black Rims Performance: TRD/Steigmeier Blower w/ 2.7 Pulley. 668 Injectors and 320 LPH AEM Fuel pump. URD UCON and 7th Injector. DTLT Headers, URD Y-Pipe, Wicked Flow Muffler. Suspension: Both: OME Shocks Front: 886X's and TC UCAs Rear: Dakars Armor: Relentless Front Bumper Relentless High Clearance Rear w/ Tire/Rotopax Swing Out Relentless Front, Mid, and TCase skids BAMF Diff Skid Recovery and Spares: Fullsize Spare Tire 2x2 gal Rotopax 1x1 gal Rotopax 1x1 gal Water Rotopax Warn 9.5XP-S Winch Hi-Lift Extreme 60" Ironman Off-Road Recovery Kit
    It's only a respect thing once the neighbors know it's an issue. It's open parking...so if the OP doesn't TELL his neighbors he'd rather they not park there- it's not really a respect thing.

I know the folks that live on either side of my lot on our circle and I know where they are okay with folks parking (The dude on the right side only sleeps in his house...so he's okay with us parking in front of his place as long as his can get to the driveway)

3. Dec 31, 2011 at 11:02 AM
    derekabraham

derekabraham Living vicariously through everybody

Member:
    First Name:
    TW'S Hippy Liberal
    Portland, OR
    Vehicle:
    2002 4x4 4Runner
    Stick on hood scoop from Autozone.
    Public streets=park wherever you want. Ask them nicely to park on another part of the street and move on. Park in front of their house and see if they react.

4. Dec 31, 2011 at 11:03 AM
    steve o 77

steve o 77 braaap

Member:
    First Name:
    Steven
    In a corn field, OH
    Vehicle:
    1990 Chevy Siveraydo
    245k+ miles, rust, working AC, bald eagles
    I assume its not okay to park there until they say it's okay, maybe I'm too nice but that's just what I do.

5. Dec 31, 2011 at 11:06 AM
    Brunes

Brunes abides.

Member:
    First Name:
    Rotorhead
    Around
    Vehicle:
    08 Red/Graphite and Satin Black
    Inside: Tint, Wet Okole 1/2 Piped Red/Black Covers, Black Weathertech Digital Fit Mats, URD Short Throw w/ TWM Weighted Knob, USA Spec iPod adapter. Outside: 4300K Retro w/ Angel Eyes and Red Shrouds, 5000K Blazer Fog Light Retrofit, Debadge, Bed Locking Handle, Satin Black Rims Performance: TRD/Steigmeier Blower w/ 2.7 Pulley. 668 Injectors and 320 LPH AEM Fuel pump. URD UCON and 7th Injector. DTLT Headers, URD Y-Pipe, Wicked Flow Muffler. Suspension: Both: OME Shocks Front: 886X's and TC UCAs Rear: Dakars Armor: Relentless Front Bumper Relentless High Clearance Rear w/ Tire/Rotopax Swing Out Relentless Front, Mid, and TCase skids BAMF Diff Skid Recovery and Spares: Fullsize Spare Tire 2x2 gal Rotopax 1x1 gal Rotopax 1x1 gal Water Rotopax Warn 9.5XP-S Winch Hi-Lift Extreme 60" Ironman Off-Road Recovery Kit
    That's you..and that's a very conservative route. If I need a parking spot and there is a legal place to park...I do it. I don't block driveways or park in yards that I haven't been told it's okay to do....but other than that...It's parking.

6. Dec 31, 2011 at 11:09 AM
    AZBACKCOUNTRY

AZBACKCOUNTRY Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Doug
    AZ-between the hammer and the anvil
    Vehicle:
    11' AC TRD OFF-ROAD 4x4
    Pelfreybilt front aluminum bumper,AVID off road weld on sliders, RCI Offroad IFS & transmission Skid (steel), RCI LCA skids (aluminum),upper grillcraft, relentless hi clearance bumper,OEM color matched front grill color, ARE MX camper shell, wet Okole realtree seat covers,pelfreybuilt hi lift mounts,ICON 2.5 Coil-overs extended,, ICON tubular UCA's. Allpro expo leafs, SS extended brake lines.Bilstein 110 extended rear shocks.prinsu Cabrac.dwreck pod mounts OKLED 18w cubes.Baja Designs Squadron-R Sport, LED Wide Cornering, Ambers fog/driving 20" IGGY LED Single Row bar.tepui awning,rotopax 2 gallon, TREDs and mount , 100 watt renogy solar panel.victron 20 amp Bluetooth charge controller,Pro comp wheels - cooper st maxx 285/75/16 tires. Skygear bussman fuse relay smart box. ARB 12v plug hard wired for ARB fridge. Pelfreybilt gas tank skid. Smittybilt X2O 10K winch
    I had my driveway blocked last night, couldn't even get even get in the driveway. I called the cops ( non emergency line) . 2 houses down , 20 minutes later this guy comes out and is anything but apologetic . I told him the cops were on the way, and his piss poor attitude changed...I thought I may have been getting robbed because it was so strange, parking available everywhere and my drive blocked?

I moved from a cul de sac because of a contributing factor and parking issues, among other things (terrible renters).

OP check your local laws and statutes regarding parking in Phoenix, cars left for weeks are subject to be abandoned. Wait til they come out a week later and it's towed. I bet they'll get a clue?!!it's all about courtesy. Sometimes you have to teach people....

Good luck, the Asshole with his oil leaking , pos grand am doesn't park in front of my house anymore! Lol

Azbackcountry

7. Dec 31, 2011 at 11:10 AM
    WhatThePho?

WhatThePho? Greg Graffin 2016

Member:
    First Name:
    Andre
    HCMC, VN
    Vehicle:
    2006 STi
    The things required to pull bitches
    my buddys neighbor used to park in front of my buddys house all the time. one evening we parked our trucks really close in front and behind his car left for the night, came back the next morning and my buddys mom told us that the neighbors were looking for us. He never parked there again. Apparently he had to be somewhere important that night.

8. Dec 31, 2011 at 11:23 AM
    TacomaBuzz

TacomaBuzz Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Matt
    CT
    Vehicle:
    2014 RegCab 4x4 TX Special Edition
    Sirius, Bugflector,back-rack, stepsides.
    My neighbors park in the street in front of my house, Its a public road and they have every right to. so long as they don't block my driveway. Don't let petty things bother you OP there's more to life.

9. Dec 31, 2011 at 11:23 AM
    derekabraham

derekabraham Living vicariously through everybody

Member:
    First Name:
    TW'S Hippy Liberal
    Portland, OR
    Vehicle:
    2002 4x4 4Runner
    Stick on hood scoop from Autozone.
    :amen:

10. Dec 31, 2011 at 11:34 AM
    neilvan

neilvan Well-Known Member

Member:
    +1

11. Dec 31, 2011 at 11:43 AM
    jtav2002

jtav2002 Kenny Fuckin Powers

Member:
    First Name:
    Josh
    Reading, PA
    Vehicle:
    2013 Tundra DBL Cab TRD OR
    My one neighbor parks in front of my house sometimes. As mentioned, public street so I don't bother worrying. Other neighbor has people over a lot and they all park in front of my house. Slightly annoying if I have to park in the street for some reason, but oh well.

12. Dec 31, 2011 at 11:47 AM
    skidooman

skidooman I'm your huckleberry

Member:
    First Name:
    TJ
    Northern Nevada
    Vehicle:
    19 Taco
    Kings, JBA, BAMF, C4, Deaver, Prinsu, TJM, SnugTop, 5.29s
    A buddy of mine had someone park in front of his house for almost a week, partially blocking his driveway. He went to all the neighbors and noone claimed to know the car. So he hooked to it with a towstrap and drug it into the middle of the street. Someone called ther cops and the car got towed that day. When I lived in Reno I had random people park in front of my place. Its aggravating sometimes, especially if I was hooked up to my boat, since I kept it in storage but would pick it up the night before I went to the lake. Having to park a couple houses down in front of someone elses house pissed me off. But it is a public street, and it never really was a problem. I am glad I dont have that problem anymore. Every house in the town I live now has a 1 acre minumum lot. I have yet to see a single car parked on the street at all.

13. Dec 31, 2011 at 11:53 AM
    kimo

kimo Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Knuckle Head
    Kauai
    Vehicle:
    09 Super White TRD Sport DCLB 4X4!
    One of my peaves as well. Try not to get upset about it but WTF. Just the other day a neighbor left his SUV in front of my house and not one car in his driveway or on the street.
    My neighbor across the street got so tired of it , I saw him back his old pickup into a car and push it back 6ft..lol

14. Dec 31, 2011 at 11:58 AM
    TACOMA TRD

TACOMA TRD Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Tom
    PA
    Vehicle:
    2011 MGM SPORT DC 4x4
    Alpine HU, Apline 6.5 3 way Speakers, Access Cover.
    This bothers me too, my neighbors have open spots in front of their houses but yet they park in front of my house. I know its a public road, but yet its still a respect thing between neighbors.

Now, when the neighbors have visitors, its a whole other story. You cant expect them to know whats going on with which house to park in front of...That dont bother me at all.
    Whats stupid is they park in front of mine, I park in front of theirs. We both have to walk across street to get to our vehicles.

15. Dec 31, 2011 at 12:00 PM
    Hardscrabble

Hardscrabble Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Scott
    McDonough, GA
    Vehicle:
    ‘20 Sport M/T AC 4WD & '15 TRDOR DCSB 4WD
    A little of this and a little of that.
    Car B Q. :D

You're welcome.

16. Dec 31, 2011 at 2:40 PM
    Snowman

Snowman I have a problem for your solution…

Member:
    First Name:
    Craig
    Somewhere in Canada
    Vehicle:
    Check out my build
    That is such an asshole move. He did nothing wrong by parking on a public street. You guys say its a "respect" thing to not park on a public street in front of someone elses house, but that move was beyond disrespectful and unnecessary. What if that person had a medical emergency or something?

If you have a problem with someone parking infront of your house then park your car there and dont move it. Otherwise walk the 20 extra feet from the next spot up.

17. Dec 31, 2011 at 2:43 PM
    97yota4wd

97yota4wd Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Eric
    Mesa, AZ
    Vehicle:
    alot of metal, small engine, decent travel.
    caged, camburg long travel, 50t leafpack (soon to be installed) light rack over cab, 5pt harnesses etc
    same thing happened to us. we asked them politely several times. they said its a public street and they can park where ever they want when ever they want. so after a couple more months we said okay fuckers, took our 30 foot toy hauler and lifted diesel and parked it in front of their house for a while. been good for a while now:)

18. Dec 31, 2011 at 2:47 PM
    Snowman

Snowman I have a problem for your solution…

Member:
    First Name:
    Craig
    Somewhere in Canada
    Vehicle:
    Check out my build
    Thats perfect. Then they cant say anything and you get your point accross. No need to damage their property as some people have suggested or block them in for no real reason besides being bitter and childish.

19. Dec 31, 2011 at 2:48 PM
    Krazie Sj

Krazie Sj Resident Jackass

Member:
    First Name:
    Power Serge
    LV-426 (Acheron)
    Vehicle:
    07 TRD Off Road 4x4
    Borla Catback Exhaust, Snorkel, 33s on either 16's or 18's, ARB Bumper, All Pro LT w/Walker Evan Shocks front and back, All Pro expedition leaf pack, 10,000lb Superwinch, Intake Manifold Spacer, Bed Rack with ARB RTT, Rotopack and Hi Lift mounted, Husky Liner mats and an air freshener from 1995.
    I've left a note on every car that parks in front of my house to not park there. So far so good. There's been a few times that they've done it multiple times. That's when I literally park an inch of their bumper.

________

That far.

They soon get the hint. Otherwise, if it gets really bad I'll just tow them out of the way and leave their cobalt or caliber in the middle of the street.

20. Dec 31, 2011 at 2:51 PM
    jbmccul

jbmccul Well-Known Member

Member:
    Vehicle:
    2021 GMC Sierra AT4, 2019 Audi A5, 2017 Audi Q5
    Live on a street with no curbs, no one parks on my street!

Products Discussed in

To Top