1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Parking brake line too tight after lift

Discussion in 'Suspension' started by htuong95, Mar 4, 2012.

1. Mar 4, 2012 at 10:13 PM
    htuong95

htuong95 [OP] Have a nice day

Member:
    Sacramento
    Vehicle:
    2001 Tacoma 4x4
    Full OME suspension, Level 8 Tracker 16" wheels, BFG T/A KO 285/75/16, etc., work in progress...
    I have two problems:

1. After installing my OME leaf pack, my parking brake line is now a little too close to the thicker leaf packs. I think they will make contact when bottoming out and engaging the parking brakes.

2. When I was reconnecting the parking brake line back on the drums, I had to pull it tighter for it to reach the connection points. I don't understand how lifting the rear will cause this. It like the parking brake line gotten shorter after the lift.

Anyone else had these issues after the lift?

2. Mar 4, 2012 at 11:38 PM
    Norton

Norton Senior TW Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Steve
    Monument, CO
    Vehicle:
    04 V6 5-Spd SR5 TRD 4x4
    TRD Supercharger; URD 7th Injector; Injen CAI w/Airaid SynthaMax Filter; Magnaflow Cat-back; Light Racing UCAs, Wheelers 5-Leafs; OME 881s; Bilstein 5100s; Goodridge SS Brake Lines; Goodyear Wrangler Duratracs on 4Runner Ltd 5-Spokes; MetalMiller TRD Skid; B.A.M.F BPV Bracket; Grey Wire, Fog Light, Power Outlet, Door Chime & DRL Mods; FUBAR Moto Bits LED Headlights; Interior, Under-hood, & Reverse LEDs; Kenwood KDC-X895 HU & KFC-C6893PS Spkrs, Sound Ordnance B-8PT Sub & Dynamat; Husky Floor Liners; UltraGauge EM; External Thermometer; Redline Tuning QuickLIFT Elite; Rhino Bed Liner; Toyota Bed Extender; SnugTop Super Sport; SolarGard Tint; CravenSpeed Stubby Antenna; Alarm w/Keyless Entry; Amsoil Lubricants; Adam's Detailing Supplies
    I didn't run into either issue with my lift. How much lift did you install?

I'm not sure it will help with your first problem, but the brake cable is adjustable. The following thread may help with your second issue:
    http://www.lieblweb.com/ebrakeadjustment.html

To Top