1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Partsgeek Grill

Discussion in '2nd Gen. Tacomas (2005-2015)' started by LILFURR, Feb 1, 2011.

1. Feb 1, 2011 at 12:49 PM
    LILFURR

LILFURR [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Mitch
    Chesapeake, VA
    Vehicle:
    2005 4.0l 6speed sr5
    6 inch fabtech, 3 inch body lift spidertrax wheel spacers, grillcraft insert with black grill, black trex3 eyelids, custom VT emblem(not mounted) courtesy metalmiller, custom VT shifter courtesy pope953, bhlm, tinted fogs
    got my new grill from parts geek in today, overall i cant complain for 33 bucks but i am interested in seeing how well it takes to getting painted and how the grillcraft insert is gonna fit with the 2 piece grill if it will at all, not to mention it showed up with a broken off tab[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    this is what the first one was supposed to look like, owell. sorry for the crappy cell phone pics

2. Feb 1, 2011 at 12:52 PM
    JM76

JM76 Ride On

Member:
    First Name:
    Jon
    SC
    Vehicle:
    06 silver double cab 4x4
    seconday air filter removal, tw sticker afe pro dry s filter , black rims , cb radio with four foot firestik antenna,black nasta nerf bars,5100's in the rear,mp3 player hookup,led overhead light,5100's up front @ 1.75, rear AAL,custom dent package,blacked out rear bumper, blacking out front grille,camo gt seat covers , 6k HIDs, 6k fogs coming, devil horns grille mod,elite offroad aluminum bumper,Canadoshi grille mod.light bar behind the grille with bright lights coming sooner or later
    did you call them and tell them? or are you going to send it back. I was lucky that I didn't have any issues with mine. I painted mine with bedliner, but alas, the rest of the grille is not finished yet.:eek:

3. Feb 1, 2011 at 12:55 PM
    LILFURR

Member:
    First Name:
    Mitch
    Chesapeake, VA
    Vehicle:
    2005 4.0l 6speed sr5
    6 inch fabtech, 3 inch body lift spidertrax wheel spacers, grillcraft insert with black grill, black trex3 eyelids, custom VT emblem(not mounted) courtesy metalmiller, custom VT shifter courtesy pope953, bhlm, tinted fogs
    im not sure yet i dont really feel like the one tab is really worth all that fuss i think it will stay on just fine, did you test fit yours?

4. Feb 1, 2011 at 12:57 PM
    jdkeller

jdkeller How many words can be fit in this s

Member:
    First Name:
    Jonathan
    Inland Empire, Ca
    Vehicle:
    2008 Tacoma Prerunner TRD Offroad
    Dome light LED, 6000k HID Headlights and fogs, Grillcraft black mesh, rear 5100's, Total Chaos UCA's, 285/75/16 BFG KM2's, Spidertrax spacers, Blacked out emblems, cb,kenwood tm270 ham radio, All Pro 3" leaf pack, Fox 2.0 coilovers, Revenge Fab Sliders, u bolt flip kit, Pioneer avh4200, bed bar with light and antenna, Wet Okoles, Weathertech Mats, Wet Okole Armrests, Rear KR Fab bumper, bed mat, N-Fab spare tire carrier with full size spare on 16" TRD rim, Bedlinered flares and grille. Camburg Spindles, All Pro front fenders.
    It fits pretty good. Paint the shell first for ease. Then put it on and melt the tabs onto the frame(back piece).

5. Feb 1, 2011 at 1:01 PM
    LILFURR

Member:
    First Name:
    Mitch
    Chesapeake, VA
    Vehicle:
    2005 4.0l 6speed sr5
    what did you use to melt them? i have them impulse red which i here is impossible to match if you dont get it done at toyota or a body shop, idk much about bodywork can they paint one of these?

6. Feb 1, 2011 at 1:01 PM
    JM76

JM76 Ride On

Member:
    First Name:
    Jon
    SC
    Vehicle:
    06 silver double cab 4x4
    seconday air filter removal, tw sticker afe pro dry s filter , black rims , cb radio with four foot firestik antenna,black nasta nerf bars,5100's in the rear,mp3 player hookup,led overhead light,5100's up front @ 1.75, rear AAL,custom dent package,blacked out rear bumper, blacking out front grille,camo gt seat covers , 6k HIDs, 6k fogs coming, devil horns grille mod,elite offroad aluminum bumper,Canadoshi grille mod.light bar behind the grille with bright lights coming sooner or later
    no, one of these years I will. :eek::D

7. Feb 1, 2011 at 1:05 PM
    jdkeller

jdkeller How many words can be fit in this s

Member:
    First Name:
    Jonathan
    Inland Empire, Ca
    Vehicle:
    2008 Tacoma Prerunner TRD Offroad
    Dome light LED, 6000k HID Headlights and fogs, Grillcraft black mesh, rear 5100's, Total Chaos UCA's, 285/75/16 BFG KM2's, Spidertrax spacers, Blacked out emblems, cb,kenwood tm270 ham radio, All Pro 3" leaf pack, Fox 2.0 coilovers, Revenge Fab Sliders, u bolt flip kit, Pioneer avh4200, bed bar with light and antenna, Wet Okoles, Weathertech Mats, Wet Okole Armrests, Rear KR Fab bumper, bed mat, N-Fab spare tire carrier with full size spare on 16" TRD rim, Bedlinered flares and grille. Camburg Spindles, All Pro front fenders.
    I have never done it. But I know people that have these grills have done that. Maybe a small torch? And wear a mask?

8. Feb 1, 2011 at 1:11 PM
    LILFURR

Member:
    First Name:
    Mitch
    Chesapeake, VA
    Vehicle:
    2005 4.0l 6speed sr5
    yea i think ill probly just try a small hand held propane torch

9. Feb 1, 2011 at 4:32 PM
    LILFURR

Member:
    First Name:
    Mitch
    Chesapeake, VA
    Vehicle:
    2005 4.0l 6speed sr5
    has anyone had any luck getting these painted professionally and not spray canned?

10. Feb 1, 2011 at 7:39 PM
    Richard Cranium

Richard Cranium The lice...they hate the sugar

Member:
    First Name:
    Ted
    Omaha, NE
    Vehicle:
    2013 Raven FR-S
    Forever sideways and smiling :D
    Mine shows up tomorrow. I'll be sanding and priming myself before getting it painted at a local body shop or Toyota - haven't gotten quotes yet so it's up in the air.

I'll post up my work later.

11. Feb 2, 2011 at 9:38 AM
    LILFURR

Member:
    First Name:
    Mitch
    Chesapeake, VA
    Vehicle:
    2005 4.0l 6speed sr5
    my quote was 175$ for trex3 eyelids grill and emblem to all get color matched

12. Feb 2, 2011 at 7:20 PM
    Richard Cranium

Richard Cranium The lice...they hate the sugar

Member:
    First Name:
    Ted
    Omaha, NE
    Vehicle:
    2013 Raven FR-S
    Forever sideways and smiling :D
    Well mine arrived today...

I ordered the one listed as "Grey" for $56 remember. To me, it looks color matched. I took it out to my truck (didn't test fit - too freakin cold) and it looks damn close to being an exact color match. It's glossy, smooth and "metal flaky" just like the rest of the MGM.

Check it out...

The rest of the plastic was "meh" quality. Felt pretty cheap but it's all getting cut out anyways so I'm not all that upset. One of my tabs was also broken just like LILFURR's. Overall, totally freaking worth the $63 after shipping.

grill2.jpg
    grill1.jpg

13. Feb 2, 2011 at 7:27 PM
    tiresmokintacoma

tiresmokintacoma Bean&Cheese Taco

Member:
    First Name:
    VIC
    Texas
    Vehicle:
    1794 4WD FUNDRA/01TACO DCOR/05TACO DCOR/97 LX450/91 4R 4WD
    Ballin on a Budget
    The first one I ordered had a broken tab also! Thats pretty funny! I had to order a second one because the first one got messed up. The Second one came in a couple of days ago and It was perfect! :) Painted it black and put it on my truck. :)

14. Feb 2, 2011 at 7:45 PM
    LILFURR

Member:
    First Name:
    Mitch
    Chesapeake, VA
    Vehicle:
    2005 4.0l 6speed sr5
    sweet thanks guys, i got a qoute for paint and im gonna talk to them and see if its possible to sand down and paint the chrome one

To Top